4k worth it?

DanielTheBest

Oh yeah.  To bad the text would be microscopic :(

have the UI be scaled a but run a ful res games should still be fine and scale their UI elements as well. Many games dont scale though or at least properly. I have run into this issue already running 1440p and back in the day when widescreen was introduced it was horrendous in some cases.

have the UI be scaled a but run a ful res games should still be fine and scale their UI elements as well. Many games dont scale though or at least properly. I have run into this issue already running 1440p and back in the day when widescreen was introduced it was horrendous in some cases.

@digitalnav was talkin to me a few weeks ago on ts3, and mentioned he got headaches from the text on his 32 inch asus 4k screen.  He mentioned some stuff about having issues getting the text to scale properly and was annoyed with it.

His final thoughts were "I just don't think 4k is ready yet, it needs more optimizations etc, the gaming is great, but a lot of other things are buggy and need work"

I really think this sums it up quite nicely, but it's just like you mentioned about it not being ready yet.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

@digitalnav was talkin to me a few weeks ago on ts3, and mentioned he got headaches from the text on his 32 inch asus 4k screen.  He mentioned some stuff about having issues getting the text to scale properly and was annoyed with it.

His final thoughts were "I just don't think 4k is ready yet, it needs more optimizations etc, the gaming is great, but a lot of other things are buggy and need work"

I really think this sums it up quite nicely, but it's just like you mentioned about it not being ready yet.

I personally think they are trying to push the next thing out too quickly. I mean think about how quick we cycle though tech now days and the stuff that makes sales is the next best thing (im not saying its what even sells). They are trying their hardest to bring it to market ASAP even though the market isnt really ready for it in my opinion.

Think about it 1080p really never took off all that much. Its finally in a good majority of homes but most people still watch DVD's not BD's if they use physical media. There are also 720p TVs being sold that are 50in. The consoles that launched during the 1080p era, though they outputted 1080p, didnt really display it and even current consoles dont for the most part. I think the only think that people regularly watch thats 1080p is TV, Netflix, and Youtube. As for displays minus the TV the majority of computers arnt 1080p even. That leaves smartphones and tablets a place where youll benefit less from the higher resolution.

I dont know but that really proves that people really dont care that much about quality in this area. I mean its already been proven in others regularly. Watching current sources and content on a 4K tv could easily make things loook worse not better. I see people holding onto their current TVs until they die for the most part and the majority of them will probably replace them with a 1080p one. I dont think 4K will really take a foothold in the mainstream consumer space for at least 3 years if not 5. It will be a bit quicker in the enthusiast market but I dont know how much quicker really until other technology catches up.

Yes. Yes you can. 1440p is twice the resolution as 1080p, and 4k is quadruple the resolution of 1080p. The higher the resolution, the more crisp an image looks and also the higher work space you have.. But with that becomes higher performance demands, not even 3 titans can play games on a 4k monitor at ultra settings 60fps. But if you have the budget for one, and if you plan on gaming and have a decent enough rig, 1440p or 4k is definitely worth it.

That's not the way it works.

1440p = twice 720p

2160p ("4K") = twice 1080p

Although you contorted some of my words. 4K gaming is great. Overall the resolution is kind of too high on a 32" monitor at the moment, your eyes will get strained after a couple hours of use.

If you can afford it and don't sit at the computer for more than 3 hours at a time without taking a break, go for it.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

Your eyes have no P-Blocker, your eyes can see infinite p (well, damn high at least). The K or the P don't matter, what matters is the pixel density and how close you will be to it. If you sit a good bit away from a 720p TV you wont see the pixels, but if the screen get bigger the pixel density gets less dense so the pixels will be bigger. Example: you can see pixels  from a large 1440p monitor from a few feet away, and you can also see the pixels on an Oculous Rift from inches away, and Oculous screens are 1080p. So what that means for you (I'm assuming you will be sitting 1-2ft away from your screen) is that if you want a big monitor go for the 1440p, if you want a huge monitor go with 4k, if you are fine with a 24" go with 1080, if you want eyefinity go with 3 1080 displays. Keep in mid that all these require different amounts of processing power.

That's not the way it works.

1440p = twice 720p

2160p ("4K") = twice 1080p

2160p is 4x 1080p. This is because 2160p is named after the amount of pixels going up and down. If there is double pixels going up and down, then there has to be double the pixels going left to right to keep the same aspect ratio, so double up and down + double left and right is 4x the pixels in total.