Why so much HATE on Razer Products

I would use them i just dont like thier colors and the designs i love corsairs idea on it though.

I am a happy wuffy

Okay, here's my experience. I've had issues with every single Razer mouse I've owned. My most recent problem was with the Naga Epic I bought over a year ago. the LEDs stopped working and had to pay $20 shipping back to Razer in the US. The replacement they sent me was refurbished and didn't work at all. The body was full of chips and dings, looked like it was dragged across concrete, mouse feet were all worn as well. The USB cable that came with the replacement was faulty and had to ship the whole package back to Razer at my expense again even though it was their fault. All they did was ship me the same mouse back with a different cable. That's $40 down the drain.

In contrast, I contact Logitech and asked them where to buy replacement mouse feet as mine were worn. They sent me a brand new mouse without having to send the old one back.

Like already mentioned, most people seem to buy them because of the name even though there are better products out there.

Razer = cheap, flimsy, poor quality control and warranty service, Synapse 2.0 is a joke. Their mouse pads aren't bad though.

Mice are good, mouse mats are decent, their cheap keyboards did the job for me until I went mechanical, and their software is Terrible!

Thats my experience. But a lot of people will say theyre bad without experiencing them. Becase they supposedly "know a friend" who had it fail.

I know 12 people locally with razer products, two have a lot and upgrade regularly. And the only thing that's broken in the group is a membrane keyboard.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Some of their products are ok, some better than others. I do like Razor Comms though. I've nothing else Razor wise. Logitech and Corsair all the way.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I love Razer. I've had my pair of Razer Chimaera's for some time now... When my first pair died, I called them up (actually speaking  with someone who spoke fluent English) and a replacement was shipped out to me within a week. Since then I haven't had a single issue. I will definitely buy from them again if they carry a peripheral that I desire to own.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I like Razer. I own a Naga and a Nostromo that have both been good to me for years. Sadly they're both starting to show some wear, and it might be getting close to upgrade time. The Nostromo is losing sensitivity in the keys and the Naga is... well, there's nothing wrong with it performance wise, but just looking at the thing you can tell it's been pretty thoroughly used.

Being said, you're definitely paying for a brand name with these things. Not to mention that there are an awful lot of people who think Razer is the end-all, be-all for gaming peripherals without realizing that there are TONS of choices out there that are both cheaper and better. It wouldn't be so bad but sometimes their build quality is painfully hit or miss... a friend of mine went through FOUR Black Widow keyboards before giving up and switching to something else. His board is still Razer, but I forget exactly what he's usingu

I like Razer. I own a Naga and a Nostromo that have both been good to me for years. Sadly they're both starting to show some wear, and it might be getting close to upgrade time. The Nostromo is losing sensitivity in the keys and the Naga is... well, there's nothing wrong with it performance wise, but just looking at the thing you can tell it's been pretty thoroughly used.

Being said, you're definitely paying for a brand name with these things. Not to mention that there are an awful lot of people who think Razer is the end-all, be-all for gaming peripherals without realizing that there are TONS of choices out there that are both cheaper and better. It wouldn't be so bad but sometimes their build quality is painfully hit or miss... a friend of mine went through FOUR Black Widow keyboards before giving up and switching to something else. His board is still Razer, but I forget exactly what he's using now. 

This was true for mechanical Keyboards in New Zealand up until about a year or so ago.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Good company however, since they have no direct competition in certain aspects,they can keep prices higher.

there decent but not my style

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

razer has great products, but why buy razer when there are better ones on the market?

corsair and mionix

Not bad, but overpriced. My Razer Blackwidow has a faulty Mini USB connector, so I think I will get a QuickFire TK.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

razer has good/decent products, but why buy razer when there are better ones on the market?

corsair and mionix

Fixed, and you're on the dot. Why buy Razer when others are available for the same price or cheaper? For example, DS3 (~$200) is being sold in my neck of the wood at a lower price point compared toe a Razer BWU 2013 (~220), given this circumstances, which would you pick? FYI, Logitech G710+ is about the price of the DS3, perhaps a tad cheaper even.

Prices stated are in local currency, not USD.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Generally pretty good but somethings can be overpriced.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Good products but I don't like the price of it. My concern, why not just put a regular price tag just like the other vendors? Other than that, I'm fine with their product.

Razer is Apple of PC gaming.

Indeed. Except instead of paying +500€ for just an apple logo, you pay extra 50€ for just the razer logo on the products.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

My first gaming grade mouse was a Razer Diamondback back in 2004. I loved this mouse. My father Still uses it on his machine. It works like it is new. So much for poor built quality.

I switched in the meantime to a Roccat Kone (the one you should get when you want to know what poor build quality is!) when it broke i replaced it with a Logitech G700. but it sucked. you could tilt it very easy. The Position of the Laser is just stupid. and one of my thumb buttons as well as the additional Buttons on the top started to jam.

Now I switched to Razer mouse again. The Taipan. Built Quality is outstanding. It feels so good. especially the rubber sides. The click on right and left as well as thumb buttons is extremely satisfying. I love it.

So yes. I have a very good opinion of Razer and their products. They are one of these companies that are still innovation. (Naga was the first mouse with such an ridiculous amount of buttons. etc.)  

This is like the 463rd time such a topic has been made. Just leave razer alone already ffs.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I'm neutral with Razer. I actually use the original blue Naga, and it has served me well for over a year now. My scrollwheel is starting to die though. The only thing that I could never imagine buying from them is their headsets. When it comes to audio, an audio company is a really good way to go.

am i the only one who thinks theey are over priced the fucking deathadder is £64 dammit

and what does it boast NOTHING its a mouse with 2 side buttons i got my mouse perrix mx 1000 (or sommin)which looks wayyyy better for £15 and has 2 side buttons 

its a mouse i could make if i set up a company 

sure they have the software thats a lot better than the one i have for my mouse as well but it does not make up for £50

i knows i am hating =D 

but i think razer is another apple in terms of how they price crap

edit*

i understand they use better quality material ... id be a fool no to consider that but forgot to put it in

The products are nice, although overpriced. I have a Razer Naga, and it's a good mouse, but I probably wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't in discount. I also have the Razer Sphex mousemat, and that too works fine, and wasn't even overpriced compared to the other options.

Adding again to this thread I think it's cool that they offer some cheaper periphals that are till decent but they may overdo the green and black a bit...

Look at the wan show, them bright green headsets.

They have well built products but pretty expensive. Of course there are other options but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's as bad as Apple; they are just stupidly overpriced and, in my opinion, not even that stylish.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

I have three products from them.

The Razer Imperator is a great mouse. Been using it for about 2 years, still going strong and of course it looks great.
The Razer Carcharias is a decent headset but I've been using them for quite some time now; the cable is breaking out and alas no sound is coming out of them. Replaced them with the Corsair Vengeance, no more cables!

The Razer Sphex was a waste of money, too light and flimsy and kept moving about on my table.

And oh yeah Razer Comms if that counts.

Main RigCPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x @ 4.7 Ghz w/ Corsair H115i Elite Capellix | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 Ti XC3 | MOBO: Asus ROG Strix X570-E | RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600 mhz | Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W | Mouse: Glorious Model O (Matte Black) | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance RGB K95 | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2 + Samsung 870 QVO 1 TB + Toshiba X300 4 TB

LAN Rig: CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz w/ Antec Kuhler H2O 920 | GPU: EVGA GTX 760 | MOBO: MSI Z87I Mini-ITX | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133mhz | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Mini-ITX | PSU: Corsair CX550 550W | Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Mostly hype, they aren't as bad as some people make out, but you can buy equally good products for less.