Gigabyte BRIX Projector - a very unique product...

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1iIjelr

Amazon: http://georiot.co/1E0f

Gigabyte's BRIX line of mini PCs ranges from super tiny, to super powerful, to super versatile and everywhere in between. Today we've got one of the most unique models in the series that actually has a projector integrated into it!!

hmm $600 + storage and ram would make a pretty sweet steam inhome streaming system

Seems like a smarter and more compact entertainment system than a buying a console and a TV. All you need is a wall and you've got your steam machine and movie watching device all there without need for a TV, just a blank wall. 
I think it'd be pretty sweet to have people over and watch them get confused as to why the lounge is pointing at a blank wall, then flick this little box on the coffee table on and watch their reaction. :D

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

I would do this, throw 1-2gb ram in it, get a USB to boot it with any OS(or a Msata card and instal the OS) and use a external USB HDD form +/- 1tb to watch movies on it when needed or as new mainscreen for gaming now and then when its hooked up to a proper PC.

wow i never knew they had this version this would be great for like u said linus in a dorm want to chill with some girls have a movie night project it on the wall perfect! also it be cool yet probs expensive compared to other solutions but to be able to daisy chain these so like have this as a monitor then have the brix with the 4hdds then have the brix iris pro one and have them all working together to play a game or if u could do like those people did with raspberry pi's how they daisy changed them to make a super computer imagine a brix super computer with a bunch of these stacked i think that would be awesome but obviously not practical it would also be nice to have in your kids room so they wanted to watch a movie and u could stream a movie straight to there room using that and they probably would thing the big screen is cool to have in the room.

Could be very nice for my camp. We rarely use the tv except at night.Could be nice to throw some movies on  a USB and just project them.Would save a ton of space also.

Never really been a fan of mini projectors as the lamps are pretty weak (75 lumen's), they don't project a very large image and you need a really dark room to watch them. I think this would be good for slideshows or business presentations but for watching movies I think people should turn to a larger projector.

my toughts:

- i would never buy this, but if it would be able to run of a battery, i could see it being a bit more interesting. Then you could put whatever you want on it, and go litterally anywhere.

- what mdnorman38 said... you can't make every place dark enough. For business i fear this does not give you enough light. (on many cases the rooms are still dimly lit, so people can write things down 'n stuff) If i would have to convince some people (with a presentation), i would choose for another option, so everyone is able to see it.

- it doesn't appear to have a mic input, but i could not immagine anyone using a microphone on this thing anyways

- how loud is this? When the projector is running + the thing is calculating stuff, this thing would be making some noise. If i would be watching a movie, or someone is sneaking from behind in a game, i dont want an airplane sitting next to me

Edited by darkspeedy26

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

1st I thought that it would be great for teachers that teach like post labor hours, those kind of education, workshops etc and it's a little cool device to have on classes, instead of a laptop and a projector, that always is a pain to set and to view etc etc, but then I went to see the price and it's expensive, on an optic of only having this for that kind of work it's good, it's tiny, you can easily configure it, but as I said the cost is a drawback.  

I would use it to watch movies with friends, instead of taking my laptop with me

if there was a great projector inside, I could see this making sense, but not with a bad projector without any features.

Spoiler

CPU: 3570k @ 4.8Ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-UD5H GPU: GTX 1060 PSU: BeQuiet PP 630W OS: Mac OSX & W10 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16gb 1600mhz Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB; 1x Samsung 850 evo 250GB  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Audio: Fiio E10 & Sennheiser HD558 Display: Eizo FS2333

That BRIX projector makes a lot of sense in universities/schools/etc. In my university we use a wireless projector(that is mounted in a classroom and doesn't have any features) + laptop(that is REALLY slow) "combo". It would be more convenient to have all-in-one compact solution with a fast and responsive m-sata storage and sort of ultimate mobility(sometimes it's needed). I don't know about money aspect though but I'm pretty sure that dedicated laptop and dedicated wireless projector cost more but makes less sense.

I already have a mini projector in my bedroom for whenever I feel like watching a movie or something. This would be awesome to have there instead of my netbook on the side!

I'd enjoy this, only issue is the price :/ 

I'd pay $400 tops, but I could also do with a pentium

I would like to see the brix pro with the projector integrated in. That would be a sure buy for me for collage

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

This would be good for my science teacher... 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

I have been waiting for these things tome out. Ive been looking for low power solution for running servers like minecraft and mumble. Think this hits the spot. I hope amd provides a simular solution.

Amd fx-8320 oc 4.1ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 780ti 3gb, 240gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd,

I found this mini projector/PC to be interesting. Would be great for modders.