Intel Core I7 Extreme "Haswell-E" 5000 for Q2

Fred Castellum

Can you stop putting those lame anime gifs in your comments?

anime are scary

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Don't have to be so mean...

tumblr_lxy7boQMEZ1r6w8wbo1_250.gif

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

btw this will be a very huge thing for low powered servers etc

True, yet Intel is clearly positioning this for PC enthusiast, they even said exactly that on the press release:

The platform will be tailored for enthusiasts

-------

Current Rig

-------

Unfortunately for you there's no rule stating I can't, I'll do what I want. Just deal with it. 

X9nKwgt.gif

EDIT: If you have a problem with it take it up with a mod. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Unfortunately for you there's no rule stating I can't, I'll do what I want. Just deal with it. 

X9nKwgt.gif

STHAAPPP!

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

STHAAPPP!

Your adding to it by not snipping the image out of the quote!

and no... ok back on topic.

Seems like Intel may possibly increase the volume cap around Q3 this year so maybe they have something interesting planned soon after releasing this. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

But if the memory isn't out just before (or the day of), we won't be able to use an x99 board on day one.

And you think it wont be? Do yo uthink intel just mad a cpu without talking with and mb or memory manufacturers. Motherboards ship with QVL's and what do you think MB manufacturers use to design and test the boards and possibly intel used to make the base design? Just think about how long all of these things have already been in development. Also ADATA did show off DDR4 though it was server grade.

Why are you so against haswell-e and DDR4?

You are always saying negative about it: :(

No offense

That wasnt sbout either of them really what that was saying is that there is no point for memory companies to have DDR4 available right now and consumers have no reason to buy in as they have nothing to put it in.

True, yet Intel is clearly positioning this for PC enthusiast, they even said exactly that on the press release:

yes X99 and haswell E but haswell e is designed off of Haswell EP which is the xeon variant for servers and workstations. My guess is that was what he was talking about.

i dont get it.

noone is pushing them off their throne... so why would they speed up releases?

Amd isn't releasing any new CPU any time soon.

That's what they want you to think :ph34r:

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

Just popping in to make a friendly suggestion: When you paste text from an article, PLEASE paste as plain text. Black text is hard to read for those of us on the dark theme...

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

i dont get it.

noone is pushing them off their throne... so why would they speed up releases?

Amd isn't releasing any new CPU any time soon.

Maybe the fact that a lot of people owning i7-2 or i7-3s decided there's absolutely no point in getting i7-4 ? Wild guess, but I don't think I ever read that many 'meh, waiting for x99' ever before :D

I wonder if they simply decided that those haswell's that were laying around in stock weren't going to sell so they may aswell get on with it.

Maybe the fact that a lot of people owning i7-2 or i7-3s decided there's absolutely no point in getting i7-4 ? Wild guess, but I don't think I ever read that many 'meh, waiting for x99' ever before :D

That how it always is? Standard procedure is usually to upgrade every 3-5 years. Very few people upgrade their PC every generation, every other is far more common though.

I wonder if they simply decided that those haswell's that were laying around in stock weren't going to sell so they may aswell get on with it.

that really does not make sense...

Give me a six core i5. That's all Ill ever need for Star Citizen. I don't want to pay $600 for a six core when your competitor is offering it for $120.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Give me a six core i5. That's all Ill ever need for Star Citizen. I don't want to pay $600 for a six core when your competitor is offering it for $120.

this has been explaind so many times alredy but 6 AMD cores are NOT 6 intel cores....

However i do agree somewhat...

this has been explaind so many times alredy but 6 AMD cores are NOT 6 intel cores....

However i do agree somewhat...

I know it's not 1:1, but what I want is the single core performance of the i5 and all six cores. I can't play Wind Waker on a 6300 cause of its terrible single core performance, but I want to be able to play Star Citizen on servers with hundreds of people engaging in a dogfight

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Maybe they are speeding up so they can get ready for broadwell e so then consumer and enthusiast will finally be the same architecture and maybe that's why they are releasing haswell refresh instead of broadwell I would like this and could deal with waiting until next year if I knew this was going to happen.

And you think it wont be? Do yo uthink intel just mad a cpu without talking with and mb or memory manufacturers. Motherboards ship with QVL's and what do you think MB manufacturers use to design and test the boards and possibly intel used to make the base design? Just think about how long all of these things have already been in development. Also ADATA did show off DDR4 though it was server grade.

That wasnt sbout either of them really what that was saying is that there is no point for memory companies to have DDR4 available right now and consumers have no reason to buy in as they have nothing to put it in.

yes X99 and haswell E but haswell e is designed off of Haswell EP which is the xeon variant for servers and workstations. My guess is that was what he was talking about.

yes but when i finnaly got my budget you see in the signature thats when i hopefully get the new Haswell-e system..

I dont think anyone will buy DDR4 rams before there is even mobos to it.

If i see DDR4 memory on market in a month or so ofc i wont buy it because till september/oktober they may be cheaper and have cool designs too..

I dont think anyone wants green DDR4 memory:) for millions

Also will/would be cool to have a Xeon CPU as a desktop CPU:) Cant wait for that power....

yes but when i finnaly got my budget you see in the signature thats when i hopefully get the new Haswell-e system..

A $4500+ build? What will you be putting inside it? Gold bullions?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Hmmm, that's strange. So a Haswell refresh is coming in 1 month, while the extended version is coming in a few months. Okay that's fine, buuut, it's going to be part of the 5000 series, and the actual 5000 series with the reduced transistor size (Broadwell) is coming in Q1 2015. So how could they freaking release an extended tock before the tick? It seems quite strange to me.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Not goona happen as most consumer use 4 cores if even that. You cheapest Intel 6 core offering will likely be then i7-5820K. Also AMD's 6 core chips are beat by intel's quad core.

I know it's not 1:1, but what I want is the single core performance of the i5 and all six cores. I can't play Wind Waker on a 6300 cause of its terrible single core performance, but I want to be able to play Star Citizen on servers with hundreds of people engaging in a dogfight

Well you could have had 6 intel core for a 3 generations now if I recall.

I dont think anyone will buy DDR4 rams before there is even mobos to it.

If i see DDR4 memory on market in a month or so ofc i wont buy it because till september/oktober they may be cheaper and have cool designs too..

I dont think anyone wants green DDR4 memory:) for millions

Also will/would be cool to have a Xeon CPU as a desktop CPU:) Cant wait for that power....

DDR4 will launch with the products it fits in

Hmmm, that's strange. So a Haswell refresh is coming in 1 month, while the extended version is coming in a few months. Okay that's fine, buuut, it's going to be part of the 5000 series, and the actual 5000 series with the reduced transistor size (Broadwell) is coming in Q1 2015. So how could they freaking release an extended tock before the tick? It seems quite strange to me.

You just confused me.

A $4500+ build? What will you be putting inside it? Gold bullions?

Europe prices:)

I am putting overpriced hardware:)

You just confused me.

Well, the last time around, first came the Haswell, then the Ivy-E. And both were named 4000 series despite one being the true next gen architecture (Haswell) while the other one (Ivy-E) was 

an extreme/enthusiast/workstation version of the previous architecture. 

Haswell (4770K) - June 2013

Ivy Bridge-E (4960X) -  September 2013

But after checking some release date, I see that the opposite has happened before. In the last generation first came the "not so true" next gen processor the 3960X (Sandy-E) then they released the 3770K (Ivy Bridge). So basically the 3000 series started with the old technology. 

Sandy-E (3960X) - November 2011

Ivy Bridge (3770K) - April 2012

The release dates were reversed then, and now they reversed it again. So this time around, the new 5000 series of processors starts with the old technology (Haswell-E). 

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

I think they should kill the quad core i7 on the enthusiast platform and move the product approach around.

start off with 6 core and move up to 12 core on the enthusiast platform while retaining the quad core xeon.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!