Intel Core I7 Extreme "Haswell-E" 5000 for Q2

Fred Castellum

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/anton-shilov/intel-pulls-in-introduction-of-core-i7-extreme-haswell-e-5000-series-to-q2/

"Intel Corp. has decided to speed up introduction of its next-generation microprocessors and platforms designed for enthusiasts who demand maximum performance. The new Core i7 Extreme “Haswell-E” chips along with Intel X99-based mainboards will be introduced at Computex Taipei 2014 in early June, several months before planned originally, according to sources with knowledge of Intel’s plans."

Their speeding up release it seems. Interesting. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

i dont get it.

noone is pushing them off their throne... so why would they speed up releases?

Amd isn't releasing any new CPU any time soon.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

i dont get it.

Marketing move I'd assume, it'll guarantee more market control enough for investors to buy in more during the Q2 report. 

(not that they need anymore market control anyway)

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

i dont get it.

Perhaps to get more features they want out in the market to prepare for future platforms? I dunno..

YAY! If Maxwell is out untill then i only half to wait 3 months to build my pc. :D

i dont get it.

47169793.jpg

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

there is no point to release haswell e at all during next quarter alike broadwell it should only be shown in this coming computex this June haswell wasnt that good
and intel go screw your marketing team for calling it 5000 series >_>

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/anton-shilov/intel-pulls-in-introduction-of-core-i7-extreme-haswell-e-5000-series-to-q2/

"Intel Corp. has decided to speed up introduction of its next-generation microprocessors and platforms designed for enthusiasts who demand maximum performance. The new Core i7 Extreme “Haswell-E” chips along with Intel X99-based mainboards will be introduced at Computex Taipei 2014 in early June, several months before planned originally, according to sources with knowledge of Intel’s plans."

Their speeding up release it seems. Interesting. 

btw this will be a very huge thing for low powered servers etc

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

btw this will be a very huge thing for low powered servers etc

Oh dang good point, didn't think of that. 

only 2 printer cartridges and and 1/4 liver? What a steal.

Yeah its such a good deal! You should buy me one for my birthday coming up! Please???? Pretty please?!?

qqUo3Ii.gif

NO!O!O!O!OO!O!O!O!

I WANTED IT TO BE IN Q3!!!

I GONNA CALL INTEL!!!

EDIT - what tha hell am i talking about!

I will soon know the prices and i know what budget i need to have!, thx INTEL

(prices may go down) with a few USD:)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

i dont get it.

why not :P

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I hope AMD comes up with something to compete with Intel so we got better competition on prices. 

the only problem with running more cores is that the risky if you havent taken it into consideration most xeons run low than about 3.5 GHz on all cores simultaneously having taken a look at most core clock speeds of Xeons they will obviously have a Low power consumption more cores (hyperthreaded core too) larger die vs the previous socket implementation but the down side is very expensive cpu binning is very necessary so more research is going into this socket

I hope AMD comes up with something to compete with Intel so we got better competition on prices. 

amd havent put up any type of competition for very high end cpu running however many cores at the same rate as intel

On the server side they have had twelve coreS on the G34 opteron but ;/

I hope memory manufacturers start releasing consumer DDR4 SKUs right before. Otherwise we'll have a platform with no memory, i.e. a useless platform.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I hope memory manufacturers start releasing consumer DDR4 SKUs right before. Otherwise we'll have a platform with no memory, i.e. a useless platform.

there is no reason to have it out now as there is nothing for us consumers to put it in.

Nice for my sister since I plan on building her a workstation PC, and was hoping for it be using an x99 chipset.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

there is no reason to have it out now as there is nothing for us consumers to put it in.

But if the memory isn't out just before (or the day of), we won't be able to use an x99 board on day one.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Im starting to feel, as if im been played, rumours of delays in broadwell then that rumour applies to only apply to select mobile variants, haswell refresh getting pushed earlier now this. Intel what have you got up your sleeve

Why are you so against haswell-e and DDR4?

You are always saying negative about it::(

No offense

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log