What is your favorite CS:GO team?

Osmium

CSGO lounge is a place where you can bet on games. But you can also use it to find streams for games online. TheWarowl on youtube also is a very good caster so you can watch some of his casts on most of the important games that are played. NiPtv is the main twitch channel I go to for live games personally.

...you can bet on games in CSGO lounge? I guess you learn something new everyday.

I should be studying.

NIP for sure. So much skill and talent on that team...

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

I want to get into CS:GO Esports. How did you get into it? When I say "get in" I mean like learn the teams, the stats, the players and all that. I know the competitions are streamed on Twitch, but is there like a list for when the games go live and stuff like a schedule?

Of course you need to spend quite a bit of time!

Main websites i use:

-csgo reddit

-hltv.org

-Twitter (follow the prominent people and players, i suggest starting with people like Anders, Semmler, players from your favorite teams, official tournament casters, esports journalists like Thorin)

Side note, hltv is probably the most comprehensive website for stats, timings for games etc etc.

What?

Titan because France

Titan have on a cold streak lately. They were much better when they had colorful "VeryGames" logos on their avatars :P

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Titan have actually been playing somewhat poorly lately. If you see some of their recent games both their skill on an individual level and a team has been nothing in comparison to the VG we say in DHW. I just hope they get their act together because they are an amazing team. NiP though I feel they have been the best for so long they have been somewhat lax on the training. I do not think they expected teams like CoL to almost beat them and VP to beat them.

Has he retired from esports or is he still looking for a team? It is a shame either way and I was never a huge Curse/iBP fan :/

I think he retired from esports.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I think he retired from esports.

Ruh roh. I wonder what he is up to now. If he had an "exit strategy" or not.

Never really seen CS:s teams mate, I only watch dota 2, for some weird reason I found that FPS (I still love them) but I don't find them best for competitive play. I mean yeah you can kill people faster with controlling the recoil but dota 2 is more competitive friendly IMO. Though I still play FPS

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

what do you guys think of Smite?

I dislike MOBAs. The thing I dislike about them is that you don't have as much control over your characters. In an FPS you control where your character looks, shoots, walks, and most importantly the timing between attacks. Whereas in MOBAs I feel like I don't control the character as directly and I merely suggest what the character should do and they do it at their own pace. Smite is less like that than other mobas but it still feels less responsive.

Never really seen CS:s teams mate, I only watch dota 2, for some weird reason I found that FPS (I still love them) but I don't find them best for competitive play. I mean yeah you can kill people faster with controlling the recoil but dota 2 is more competitive friendly IMO. Though I still play FPS

Well competitive BF4 or competitive COD are jokes. But CS is a great competitive game. In a way it is structured similar to Dota in that there are 5v5 teams who must accomplish an objective (for terrorists they have to plant a bomb and Counter terrorists have to stop them from doing that).

But either way I'd like to keep this about Counter Strike rather than MOBAs for obvious reasons.

I dislike MOBAs. The thing I dislike about them is that you don't have as much control over your characters. In an FPS you control where your character looks, shoots, walks, and most importantly the timing between attacks. Whereas in MOBAs I feel like I don't control the character as directly and I merely suggest what the character should do and they do it at their own pace. Smite is less like that than other mobas but it still feels less responsive.

Well competitive BF4 or competitive COD are jokes. But CS is a great competitive game. In a way it is structured similar to Dota in that there are 5v5 teams who must accomplish an objective (for terrorists they have to plant a bomb and Counter terrorists have to stop them from doing that).

But either way I'd like to keep this about Counter Strike rather than MOBAs for obvious reasons.

All valid points. Great assessment  :)

For US & Canada Residents: www.tesorogamingusa.com

Keyboard: Lobera Supreme ¦ Mouse: Gandiva ¦ Headset: Kuven ¦

what do you guys think of Smite?

Just to quip in my input, smite/ LoL/ dota 2 and mobas in general i believe all have their own merits and drawbacks. Smite is quite a new concept that merges different concepts together to make it tons more interesting, dota and LoL while different in their own way are not as uniquely outstanding as to what smite is to those 2 other games.

In general i think all form of competitive esports games have their own flair to it, whether be it CSGO to MOBAs to RTS to even games like Fifa. The best thing would be to acknowledge all these games contribute to the greater progress of esports and we should all appreciate the players, casters, etc who are all at the highest level of each of these games. 

What?

My Favorite Team is H2k Or Titan.

H2K Are Norwegian So Am i So That Explains That  :)

My Favorite Team is H2k beacause there norwegian  :)

I actually really like them. They have very good team work and yet basicly each of their players are very good clutch players. They just don't have a ton of experience which only comes with time.

NiP Has been slacking, I'm a fan of iBuyPower.

CPU: i7 3770k @4.5Ghz 1.26v Cooler: H100i 2 Sp120 Quiets MoBo: MSI Z77 MPOWER Big Bang RAM: 16GB G.Skill Sniper 2133Mhz CL9 Graphics Card: Asus Direct CU II R9 290 Storage: Vertex 4 128GB, WD Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Green

Has he retired from esports or is he still looking for a team? It is a shame either way and I was never a huge Curse/iBP fan :/

He hasn't retired, he just simply left iBP because of his new job not allowing him to travel to other tournaments. At least thats what I heard...

but NiP hasn't been the same for over a year now. Titan's been a solid team, but for right now the new virtus pro is doing well. i'll still be a coL fan though :P

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

He hasn't retired, he just simply left iBP because of his new job not allowing him to travel to other tournaments. At least thats what I heard...

but NiP hasn't been the same for over a year now. Titan's been a solid team, but for right now the new virtus pro is doing well. i'll still be a coL fan though :P

Titan have been very off lately. Look at demos of them from ESL this year and then look at stuff post Dreamhack Winter. They are totally off their game.

coL and NiP fo sho

My Setup

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k @4.4GHZ | COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOBO: Asus z87-Pro | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti SC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB (8GB) | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro (128GB) | HDD #1: Western Digital 1TB Black x2 | PSU: Antec HCG 850W | Case: Corsair C70 (Black)  | Display #1: BenQ RL2455HM | Display #2: LG Flatron Wide | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) | Mouse: SteelSeries Rival | Headset: SteelSeries Siberia V2

Titan have been very off lately. Look at demos of them from ESL this year and then look at stuff post Dreamhack Winter. They are totally off their game.

thats in a span of like 3-4 months. NiP has been off for over a year...

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

thats in a span of like 3-4 months. NiP has been off for over a year...

Not really. Personally I think Fnatic got extremely lucky winning DHW. Even they themselves admitted they were blown away considering they only had their current lineup together for only a few weeks. VP deserved their victory but other than they those are the only games they have lost that matters. But I do agree with you that both teams have fallen a long way from where they were.

• 2 weeks later...

HellRaiser, Mystik and Alternate cuz Krystal <3

• FX 6300 Hexacore 3.5 GHZ

HD7770 Vapor X OC

Gskill RipjawsX 2x4 GB 1600mhz

DIGNITASSSSSSSSSSSS

Dignitas have been doing amazing lately. It is a shame they choked against NiP back at EMS. If they were on their A game I am sure they could have taken NiP down.

NiP, Dignitas, and Manajuma

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s