Silence and performance watercooling?

What should I be looking for in rads and fans if I wanted to set up a silent(or near silent) watercooling loop that performs well. Would it essentially be to fit as many low fpi fin radiators in my case and attach low rpm fans?

You're right.

The more rads you use, the more cooling you get, so you can make things silent without losing too much performance.

Low RPM fans paired with low fpi radiators and you should be good to go! Make sure your gpu is water cooled otherwise your system will not be quiet.

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

Which fans and rads are commonly used for silencing and whats is the general rad to component ratio (number of 120/140 rads per component)

for cpu only, you can start with a thick 240 radiator if youd like to have more headroom than a h100 (which will be out performd by a slim 240 rad, but still).

try searching for 9 to 15 fpi rads. those are quite low density. try the silenced version of the corsair sp fans, but there will be a lot of other options.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

I usually plan at least 120mm of Rad per block +1 - So, for CPU and single GPU you want at least a 360mm of Rad. Fans... well the corsair SP120's are good, Noctua NF-F12's some of the best. Also the Silverstone AP121's, Scythe GentleTyphoon...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

OP is correct. XSPC RX series radiators are excellent for this. I'm running 5x120 for a cpu/gpu/mobo with Noctua NFs PWM'd to 500 rpm and it is nearly silent.

your low fpi rads are:

Fan speed range 600rpm-1200rpm

Alphacool ST/XT/UT under 9fpi

Hardware Labs SR1 8fpi

XSPC RX/RS under 8fpi

any high static pressure, low DBa fan will work, especially if under 1200rpm.

airdeano

your low fpi rads are:

Fan speed range 600rpm-1200rpm

Alphacool ST/XT/UT under 9fpi

Hardware Labs SR1 8fpi

XSPC RX/RS under 8fpi

any high static pressure, low DBa fan will work, especially if under 1200rpm.

airdeano

even the EK XT series is sub 9fpi

I usually plan at least 120mm of Rad per block +1 - So, for CPU and single GPU you want at least a 360mm of Rad. Fans... well the corsair SP120's are good, Noctua NF-F12's some of the best. Also the Silverstone AP121's, Scythe GentleTyphoon...
I second everything Whaler_99 said. He is spot on!

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

would push pull make a significant difference with low fpi rad

would push pull make a significant difference with low fpi rad
Not normally and low FPI are not overly restrictive. Been shown that maybe gain a degree or two. Push/Pull is really good on high FPI rads.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99