Dremel Problem

MxMieL

Hey Guys! If It is in the wrong section I will kindly delete it...  :D 

My Dremel 3000 suddenly stopped working when I'm in the middle of my project hoping that someone knows how to fix it or there is no hope... -_- 

Thanks In Advance! :lol:

You kind of need to be a bit more specific than that if you want any advice that isn't "Buy another one"

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Hey Guys! If It is in the wrong section I will kindly delete it...  :D 

My Dremel 3000 suddenly stopped working when I'm in the middle of my project hoping that someone knows how to fix it or there is no hope... -_- 

Thanks In Advance! :lol:

What seems to be not working, is it not turning on, is the motor dead or what?! O.o

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Is it still plugged in? Did a fuse burn? Check those things, and if it's not the problem you're having you should open up your dremel and look at the insides to look if something burnt inside of it.

Good luck :/

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

You kind of need to be a bit more specific than that if you want any advice that isn't "Buy another one"

What seems to be not working, is it not turning on, is the motor dead or what?! O.o

Is it still plugged in? Did a fuse burn? Check those things, and if it's not the problem you're having you should open up your dremel and look at the insides to look if something burnt inside of it.

Good luck :/

It suddenly stopped it didnt smell burned (I might be wrong), checked the caron motor brush and it seems fine... gonna open it tomorrow morning...

Maybe it overheated dremmels overheat

It might be ... its the first time it stopped maybe I pushed it to hard... -_-

It might be ... its the first time it stopped maybe I pushed it to hard... -_-

hahhaha xD perhaps ;)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Absolutely nothing happens when you turn it on? No noises, smells, vibrations?

Start by checking the outlet... Then test the switch on the dremel, then check the motor. If it is doing absolutely nothing and didn't smell when it suddenly quite it is probably the switch, you usually get a bad smell when a motor burns up.

Can you manually spin the collet, to test if the motor seized?

Absolutely nothing happens when you turn it on? No noises, smells, vibrations?

Start by checking the outlet... Then test the switch on the dremel, then check the motor. If it is doing absolutely nothing and didn't smell when it suddenly quite it is probably the switch, you usually get a bad smell when a motor burns up.

Can you manually spin the collet, to test if the motor seized?

I opened it... The motor is still fine... just full of wood particles... -_-  I plugged it in Our house, school, and office... It doesn't work ... If I turn it on there's no action going (No noise and vibrations) I did manually spinned the collet... Nothing Happened?  :( 

Maybe it's the carbon motor brush? Should I replace it? 

Have you tested the Power supply?
Those can also break using a dremel wrongly.

And check the ventilation holes. I sure hope you didn't cover those with your hands when using it. in which case it could be suffocated. (Did it work all find until you left it last time, or did it get worse and worse?)

Where can I find the power supply? No, I did not cover it while working...

I think the 300 uses an AC motor, so there won't be a power supply other than the AC in your house.

I'm betting the issue is the switch. You could try bypassing it if you know how to solder.

If you want to mess with the brushes rather than replacing them just lightly scuff the end of them up with sand paper. You just want to get rid of the glossy spots.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I think the 300 uses an AC motor, so there won't be a power supply other than the AC in your house.

I'm betting the issue is the switch. You could try bypassing it if you know how to solder.

If you want to mess with the brushes rather than replacing them just lightly scuff the end of them up with sand paper. You just want to get rid of the glossy spots.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

where will i solder it? There are 4 pins to the motor. It's to complicTed for me.. xD By the way i tried scrubbing the motor brush.. Didnt work..

where will i solder it? There are 4 pins to the motor. It's to complicTed for me.. xD By the way i tried scrubbing the motor brush.. Didnt work..

Can you take a picture of it for me please?

Can you take a picture of it for me please?

I will, once I got home... By the way, will a dremel 395 switch fit in my dremel 3000?

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone

Just got the same problem - Dremel 3000. stopped working for no reason. 

no noise, no nothing.

when I turn the switch it doesn't do anything, but the switch feel lighter than it used to be. Maybe something there got out of place.

I'll open it tomorrow, but I was hoping someone know the problem and will have some good new about it

thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Same problem (Different country)

My Dremel 3000 stopped working after 1 day of purchase!

No smell, no vibrations, no nothing.

I think it's the variable speed switch.

someone has cut down on expenses on this one.

Even before it broke, it felt really cheap... 

Dremel is not what it used to be...

• 2 months later...

I just received a second hand dremel 300 that should be working -,-. Contacted the seller.

In the mean time I opened the dremel and found out there was a big black burn on the variable switch. So jeah, thats probaly the problem. I googled it and apparently it happens more often. Probaly have to go and get a new switch. Or I may just bypass the switch  :ph34r:

I found out that it is pretty expensive to get a new variable controller to ship to the netherlands

I managed to go past the switch.

First pry apart the switch.

then take out the variable power thingie

then solder the 2 parts as shown in image.

Then put it back together. It works but it only works on full speed.... You could try using a few resistors, but it is a lot of work... I might do it but Im hoping to find some kind of variable switch online for my dremel

foto's http://imgur.com/a/QxfK8#IlVRrxC

you could ghetto a variable resistor in there ;) @dogbreath97

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]