Do YOU have H100i / H80i problems? LOOK HERE before posting

My H80i didnt pick up my fans or motherboard temps until i did the registry edit thing but now my LED wont react to temperature, but atleast everything else was fixed

My H80i didnt pick up my fans or motherboard temps until i did the registry edit thing but now my LED wont react to temperature, but atleast everything else was fixed

Ok thanks, this will hopefully help others who have the same issues. Could you explain what you did to the registry, or at least post the link to where you found this solution?

A lot of people come to this thread to solve many different issues, and this can help lots of people :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Ok thanks, this will hopefully help others who have the same issues. Could you explain what you did to the registry, or at least post the link to where you found this solution?

A lot of people come to this thread to solve many different issues, and this can help lots of people :)

someone already mentioned this earlier on in the thread. i did this a long time ago and think it has something to do with being on windows 8.1 but heres a quote and screenshot

'click run, and type in "regedit"

navigate to path in Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04

You should find one or possibly more folders of random numbers, letters, and ampersands. Under each of these folders will be a "Device Parameters" folder which has the following four important strings:

AllowIdleIrpInD3 = 1

DeviceSelectiveSuspended = 1

EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled = 1

SelectiveSuspendEnabled = 1

Just double click these individually in the far right pane and a window will pop up with the value already highlighted. Change each to "0" (zero) then save and reboot.'

BlkV3Og.png

@chinkyarmour Awesome, thank you for your contribution :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished this build this afternoon. Link isn't recognizing any of the fans plugged into my H100i, nor will it even recognize the cooler. The LED is on (White), and the fans are running. I just can't see them in the link software. I'm using 8.1 Pro N and the latest version of Link (2.7.5361). I have switched headers and I have reinstalled. I've also tried the registry edit with no luck.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Daks out for Harambeヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My Setuphttp://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jauris/saved/MyMCmG

Just finished this build this afternoon. Link isn't recognizing any of the fans plugged into my H100i, nor will it even recognize the cooler. The LED is on (White), and the fans are running. I just can't see them in the link software. I'm using 8.1 Pro N and the latest version of Link (2.7.5361). I have switched headers and I have reinstalled. I've also tried the registry edit with no luck.

Ok try disabling "legacy USB support" in the BIOS of your motherboard.

You already have the USB link cable hooked up to an internal USB2 port, correct?

Spoiler

I don't think firmware can repair exploding blue LEDs.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I don't think firmware can repair exploding blue LEDs.

lol wtf?

LEDs dont explode...

Spoiler

lol wtf?

LEDs dont explode...

They do in electronics class.

And apparently my H100i wanted to join too.

I heard a loud buzzing sound

There was a pop

No blue LED

Yey!

They do in electronics class.

And apparently my H100i wanted to join too.

I heard a loud buzzing sound

There was a pop

No blue LED

Yey!

Then that's definitely not the LED. If you put extreme voltage through an LED it will just get brighter and brighter and eventually quietly go off and a brown spot will appear.

What probably happened is the voltage control circuitry for the LED (which has no overcurrent protection) blew. Which is why the LED went off, but it definitely was not the LED exploding.

SO how did you manage to damage the H100i's voltage control? Did you have a current surge from your power supply? Did your H100i leak and short circuit it? Or did you just try changing the colour and it blew out?

Spoiler

Then that's definitely not the LED. If you put extreme voltage through an LED it will just get brighter and brighter and eventually quietly go off and a brown spot will appear.

What probably happened is the voltage control circuitry for the LED (which has no overcurrent protection) blew. Which is why the LED went off, but it definitely was not the LED exploding.

SO how did you manage to damage the H100i's voltage control? Did you have a current surge from your power supply? Did your H100i leak and short circuit it? Or did you just try changing the colour and it blew out?

No, I can explode LEDs. In engineering you can make them brown. 

But in Electronics I was able to get one to shatter.

And I was staring at my computer watching the LED die. And then go out. (Right after the pop)

Good thing corsair contacted me.

They said they would get me a replacement. ( I may have yelled at them through a newegg review )

No, I can explode LEDs. In engineering you can make them brown. 

But in Electronics I was able to get one to shatter.

And I was staring at my computer watching the LED die. And then go out. (Right after the pop)

Good thing corsair contacted me.

They said they would get me a replacement. ( I may have yelled at them through a newegg review )

Yeah no. You can't make an LED shatter, because its plastic. Plastic doesnt shatter, it melts.

And the reason the LED when out after the pop is because the voltage control blew (which is what makes the noise)

I did the same to my NZXT hue when I shorted some of the cables. One of the transistors or resistors popped and started smoking. The LED strip was perfectly fine.

Spoiler

Yeah no. You can't make an LED shatter, because its plastic. Plastic doesnt shatter, it melts.

And the reason the LED when out after the pop is because the voltage control blew (which is what makes the noise)

I did the same to my NZXT hue when I shorted some of the cables. One of the transistors or resistors popped and started smoking. The LED strip was perfectly fine.

Like, I can tell it to do white, and only the red and green leds turn on. 

Even on startup, the red and green only work.

The blue is completely broken.

We used large LEDs. Glass LEDs. and Gas LEDs.

I know that the H100i does not use those ancient ones. (That's why in engineering we use plastic ones) 

But a pop was there. 

It was right after I updated to Windows 8.1.

Like, I can tell it to do white, and only the red and green leds turn on. 

Even on startup, the red and green only work.

The blue is completely broken.

There is a separate voltage control module for reach colour of RGB.

My NZXT Hue burnt out the Blue, but red and green still work fine ;)

Spoiler

There is a separate voltage control module for reach colour of RGB.

My NZXT Hue burnt out the Blue, but red and green still work fine ;)

Now. Since I updated. It won't detect the fans and they are running at max RPM.

Now. Since I updated. It won't detect the fans and they are running at max RPM.

Did this happen when the LED went out? or when you updated the corsair link version?

Spoiler

Did this happen when the LED went out? or when you updated the corsair link version?

When I updated the application. 

When I updated the application. 

So the pump shows up fine, leds show up fine and you can change them, but fans show 0rpm and are running at full, am I correct?

Spoiler

So the pump shows up fine, leds show up fine and you can change them, but fans show 0rpm and are running at full, am I correct?

I see MB temps. LED. Pump.

But no Fan RPM gauge at all.

I get a motherboard fan. 

But not H100i fans.

I see MB temps. LED. Pump.

But no Fan RPM gauge at all.

I get a motherboard fan. 

But not H100i fans.

Hmm. Do you have any greyed out fan meters in the left side bar?

Any option to hide/show devices?

Spoiler

Hmm. Do you have any greyed out fan meters in the left side bar?

Any option to hide/show devices?

No.

post-11076-0-34035100-1412304948.jpg

I mean in the first tab (where all the sensors show up on the image of a case) are there any hidden or disabled devices in the left sidebar?

It might just be a software bug...maybe reverting to the old version will fix it...or you can always control your fans using a fan controller or your motherboard.

Spoiler

I mean in the first tab (where all the sensors show up on the image of a case) are there any hidden or disabled devices in the left sidebar?

It might just be a software bug...maybe reverting to the old version will fix it...or you can always control your fans using a fan controller or your motherboard.

Yea. That's where I checked. I was just showing that no fans were detected. 

Yea. That's where I checked. I was just showing that no fans were detected. 

K this seems like a software bug then.

You can either revert to the previous version of Link to hopefully be able to control the fans again, or disconnect the fans from the H100i and control them using something else.

Spoiler

K this seems like a software bug then.

You can either revert to the previous version of Link to hopefully be able to control the fans again, or disconnect the fans from the H100i and control them using something else.

This happened before though. When I updated to W8.1. But it never ran the fans at a high RPM