Do YOU have H100i / H80i problems? LOOK HERE before posting

OP isn't 100% correct. Corsair Link not seeing fans on Windows 8.1 is caused by a USB-setting in the registry:

Go into the registry and look for HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04. For each port/path string you see under this (numbers and ampersands smushed together), open the "Device Parameters" and change the FOUR DWORD settings to 0 (AllowIdleIrpInD3, DeviceSelectiveSuspended, EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled, SelectiveSuspendEnabled). Reboot.

I never considered windows 8 since I'm not using it.

But thanks for adding to our information pool of solutions :D

Some people will be saved by your help.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yup just set it yo blue in corsair link and then save, close, and uninstall. You can also remove the internal USB cable at that point.

Settings will be saved to your H100i.

Ok will do, thanx! for the quick response and info.

Ok will do, thanx! for the quick response and info.

Yup np :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yup np :)

I did it, Thanx Again! it's working without the Corsair Link. B)

I did it, Thanx Again! it's working without the Corsair Link. B)

Yay :D congrats

Spoiler

Installed the H80i. 

I keep getting the error - "CPU Fan Error". 

1. The fans are working - sounds like a jet engine though :-D

2. Pressed F1 and went to setup and saw that the CPU temp was increasing rapidly..

I followed the instructions on the H80i Manual.

Suggestions? What could be wrong? 

Installed the H80i. 

2. Pressed F1 and went to setup and saw that the CPU temp was increasing rapidly..

Did you plug the sata connector from the H80i to the sata power of your PSU?

Spoiler

Did you plug the sata connector from the H80i to the sata power of your PSU?

Yes I did. I will check the cable connections once more.

Yes I did. I will check the cable connections once more.

Ok doublecheck

also did you plug in the thin single cable into the CPU fan header? The one that looks like a fan plug but with only 1 cable.

Spoiler

Installed the H80i. 

1. Can you control you fans with the Corsair Link software?

2. Did you put thermalpaste on the CPU./cooler?

Currently working on a Watercooled Corsair Obsidian 350D (clicky)

Intel i5 4670k, ASUS GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo, 16GB RAM, 3 TB Seagate HDD

1. Can you control you fans with the Corsair Link software?

2. Did you put thermalpaste on the CPU./cooler?

I am getting the error at the start up itself. Do i have to make any changes in the BIOS? I have seen in some forums that you can ask the BIOS to ignore the CPU fans.

Thermal Paste has been applied..

Ok doublecheck

also did you plug in the thin single cable into the CPU fan header? The one that looks like a fan plug but with only 1 cable.

The 3 pin cable is plugged into the CPU Fan Header. 

I checked again today morning and it is giving me the same error. I am assuming the SATA power is working fine since the fans are working.

The pump itself is blinking in RED. The alarming thing is that the CPU temp seems to be increasing. So I am going to try and re-install this once more.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for helping

This has been bugging me since  i first got the H100i, but other PC problems kept me from looking into it, hopefully your solution works :D.

System Specs:

CPU:Intel Core i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz ☼ GPU: R9 280x (and 750ti sometimes) ☼ RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1866Mhz ☼ Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI HERO

blah...

I checked again today morning and it is giving me the same error. I am assuming the SATA power is working fine since the fans are working.

The pump itself is blinking in RED. The alarming thing is that the CPU temp seems to be increasing. So I am going to try and re-install this once more.

The last resort is to update the firmware on the H100i as described in the first post. If that fails you will need to RMA. :(

Spoiler

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

The last resort is to update the firmware on the H100i as described in the first post. If that fails you will need to RMA. :(

This has been bugging me since  i first got the H100i, but other PC problems kept me from looking into it, hopefully your solution works :D.

I am doing RMA. I cant figure out what is happening. it should be a really straight forward installation.!!

I am doing RMA. I cant figure out what is happening. it should be a really straight forward installation.!!

Safest thing to do

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

• 3 weeks later...

I updated my firmware and now the H80i doesn't show up anymore, it did before

I updated my firmware and now the H80i doesn't show up anymore, it did before

Did you use the correct firmware version?

Try the other one if possible.

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please help me with this. 

When I first built this PC I couldn't get my H80i to show up but I somehow fixed it (can't remember how)

Decided to format the PC last night and reinstall everything. Installed old corsairlink program and suddenly h80i wasn't showing up again. So decided to get the latest Corsairlink update, all my devices are showing but the h80i fans.

I'm running Windows 7, I have no clue how to fix it this time.

Can someone please help me with this. 

When I first built this PC I couldn't get my H80i to show up but I somehow fixed it (can't remember how)

Decided to format the PC last night and reinstall everything. Installed old corsairlink program and suddenly h80i wasn't showing up again. So decided to get the latest Corsairlink update, all my devices are showing but the h80i fans.

I'm running Windows 7, I have no clue how to fix it this time.

Are the fans running or are they stopped?

Spoiler

Running

Can you try reuploading the firmware for it?

Spoiler

Can you try reuploading the firmware for it?

How the new corsairlink doesn't have the update firmware area anymore like the old versions did.

How the new corsairlink doesn't have the update firmware area anymore like the old versions did.

Hm. Well I have't used the vew software version yet, so I can't help you there :(

Maybe someone who is using the new version will know what to do...

Spoiler