Do YOU have H100i / H80i problems? LOOK HERE before posting

Welp, it started working again after I updated my realtek audio drivers. I'm not sure it's related, but maybe it finally took the 10th pc restart to get it to function. And to the poster asking about if I had legacy USB support disabled, yes, I did.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Daks out for Harambeヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

My Setuphttp://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jauris/saved/MyMCmG

This happened before though. When I updated to W8.1. But it never ran the fans at a high RPM

Hm. Well there isn't much left i can do for you then...

One last thing you can try is deleting some corsair link file in your registry. There is a post about it somewhere in this topic, just search above :P

Welp, it started working again after I updated my realtek audio drivers. I'm sure it's related, but maybe it finally took the 10th pc restart to get it to function. And to the poster asking about if I had legacy USD support disabled, yes, I did.

Ok great, that was me :)

Good to know, audio drivers related.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 2 weeks later...

So I've tried everything you guys have gone through. But my h100i is recognized only when the usb cable is removed and replugged after started the machine up. This is the only way I've been able to get it to work with corsair link. I have the latest version, 2.7.5339. I have also set the Registry to zeroes on all four DWORD files. That did not work. I have set my usb legacy to disabled. This also did not work. I have uninstalled  the latest version, installed 2.4 and updated to 2.7 in an effort to jog the firmware update into doing what its told. This didn't work either. I am at a loss as to what I can do to fix this issue with the USB recognition in corsair link.

Help?

P.S. - These are my specs:

MSI 970a-G46 Mobo

AMD 8120 Black edition oc to 4.5GHZ

AMD Radeon R9 270x

Corsair H100i Cooling

2 Western Digital Terabytes

Fractal MidiR2 case

So I've tried everything you guys have gone through. But my h100i is recognized only when the usb cable is removed and replugged after started the machine up. This is the only way I've been able to get it to work with corsair link. I have the latest version, 2.7.5339. I have also set the Registry to zeroes on all four DWORD files. That did not work. I have set my usb legacy to disabled. This also did not work. I have uninstalled  the latest version, installed 2.4 and updated to 2.7 in an effort to jog the firmware update into doing what its told. This didn't work either. I am at a loss as to what I can do to fix this issue with the USB recognition in corsair link.

Help?

have you tried using different internal USB headers? most motherboards have two or three

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 2 months later...

I have a problem with C-link not detecting my CPU/H100i temperatures, it does show them for a second and then just go back to showing "0,0". Otherwise it works greatly.

Also, how common is the pump rattles sometimes-problem? Because mine does that randomly, the pump (almost) stops and fans go up to the highest RPM they can and the pump slowly revs up accompanied by gargles and rattles. :unsure:

I have a problem with C-link not detecting my CPU/H100i temperatures, it does show them for a second and then just go back to showing "0,0". Otherwise it works greatly.

Also, how common is the pump rattles sometimes-problem? Because mine does that randomly, the pump (almost) stops and fans go up to the highest RPM they can and the pump slowly revs up accompanied by gargles and rattles. :unsure:

Those issues might be related to the pumps power...

check that the sata power cable is in good condition, and check that the software is up to date.

When the pump "almost" stops, do you know this by a noise it makes or by the pump rpm meter in C-link?

Spoiler

Those issues might be related to the pumps power...

check that the sata power cable is in good condition, and check that the software is up to date.

When the pump "almost" stops, do you know this by a noise it makes or by the pump rpm meter in C-link?

It makes a noise and C-link showed a drop down to 0-50 RPM (from the 2000-2100 RPM's) speeds when it occurred.

I'll check the sata power, moved the connector on the cable to a better location to preserve cable management so that might be causing some trouble...

It makes a noise and C-link showed a drop down to 0-50 RPM (from the 2000-2100 RPM's) speeds when it occurred.

I'll check the sata power, moved the connector on the cable to a better location to preserve cable management so that might be causing some trouble...

If changing the place where it is plugged in doesnt fix it, you will probably need to RMA because I have never seen those issues come up before so it likely is defective

Spoiler

Just a heads up for any new H100i/H80i owners. C-link version 2.7.5361 has a bug where you cannot see your CPU and/or Liquid temperatures in the C-link window.

LmnDEem.png

However, if you go to the system tray and select C-link and go to the temperature tab, you can still see the temperature readings.

pwJLOir.png

Just a heads up for any new H100i/H80i owners. C-link version 2.7.5361 has a bug where you cannot see your CPU and/or Liquid temperatures in the C-link window.

However, if you go to the system tray and select C-link and go to the temperature tab, you can still see the temperature readings.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Spoiler

This is how I got my H100i recognised on Windows 8.1:

First I worked out what port the H100i was plugged into using device manager. You may need to unplug everything else if the name is not shown. Mine was the one selected.

zSoSxMI.png

Then open the properties of that device and go to the "Events" tab. Note down the VID Code. For me it ended in _0C04

77y7GGC.png

Now open regedit

LCq55G4.png

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\<The code starting with VID earlier>\<Next layer varies but only one directory there>\Device Parameters

kkiK4ta.png

You will see this:

ngrCJLM.png

Change the values of "AllowIdleIrpInD3", "DeviceSelectiveSuspended", EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled" and "SelectiveSuspendEnabled" to 0 by double clicking on them and entering 0.

s2I8iRq.png    LD6vFCM.png

e8mb4IA.png    x2rtN5e.png

Hopefully you're good to go after a restart!

• 2 months later...

Tip that worked for me, (first my problem) the fan RPM would stay at max RPM and it sounded like a jet taking off. so, what i did was very simple, i turned off my PC, unplugged the corsair link cable from both ends (pump and USB header on MOBO) i turned the pc on, then i let corsair link load, (mind you i am using windows 8.1) then there is a known issue that the USb header doesn't like windows 8.1 so i applied this fix: 

which is a registry edit to alter some thingamabobs (idek, all i know is it changes some crap with the USB recognition) then i tured off the pc, plugged in the corsair link cable at both ends, started (mind you the fans will spin at max RPM when you start the pc, this is normal) and the when it started loading windows, boom, the fans spun down a little, i want into the corsair link software and it recognised the H80i and i changed the profile to silent and the temps are great and i have not had an issue since. any questions feel free to PM me and i could perhaps help

• 2 months later...

Can any one please tel me if possible how to shut down fans using corsair link?

I would really like some help with this seeing as my pc is loud as .... thanks.

Can any one please tel me if possible how to shut down fans using corsair link?

I would really like some help with this seeing as my pc is loud as .... thanks.

you can only change fan speeds of fans that are connected to the cooler block

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I just bought an H80i GT, got it installed, and now win7 doesn't seem to want to recognize it. It runs, C-link detects everything except for the cooler. How can I fix this? I'm not even all that concerned about changing the LED on it, I just want to be able to monitor it.

Okay, so I just bought an H80i GT, got it installed, and now win7 doesn't seem to want to recognize it. It runs, C-link detects everything except for the cooler. How can I fix this? I'm not even all that concerned about changing the LED on it, I just want to be able to monitor it.

is it connected with the internal USB cable?

did you enable/disable UBS legacy mode in the BIOS?

I would recommend reflashing the firmware but corsair link deleted those public downloads and has blocked that functionality in the current version of LINK, so other than the top two options, look thourgh the other pages of this thread where some people have found different solutions

Spoiler

is it connected with the internal USB cable?

did you enable/disable UBS legacy mode in the BIOS?

I would recommend reflashing the firmware but corsair link deleted those public downloads and has blocked that functionality in the current version of LINK, so other than the top two options, look thourgh the other pages of this thread where some people have found different solutions

The internal USB is connected, I've tried multiple headers. I can try to enable/disable UBS legacy in BIOS, but I'm unsure if it'll help. It's mostly issues with the drivers from what I can tell. My computer is listing it under "Unspecified" now, but every effort to update it seems to lead to failure. It was hard enough finding this thread through google.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, my H80i keeps my cpu temps at about 45 degrees idle (4670k) but once I game and bring the temps up, they dont go down after. On a side note, one of the pipes is hot and the other is normal. Any ideas? 

Hey everyone!

If you have an issue with your H100i or H80i READ THIS POST before RMA!

There are many people who have issues with their corsair cooler. I have had all these problems, and fixed them. Some of the issues include:

-Fans on max

-Link not detecting the device (Can't configure anything of your cooler)

-Wrong block LED colours

-Fan rattling noise (it is not the pump)

The solution to the first 3 problems is to update the firmware of your cooler. (Try changing the USB header first, it sometimes works for some cases)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=115836

It took me a long time to find this download on the corsair forums.

Use Corsair Link, go to Options > Devices > Update Firmware and choose your H100i/H80i. Select the H??i_V1.0.5.S19 file you downloaded, and click ok.

Reminder: you need the latest version of Corsair Link that has support for the H100i and H80i.

The rattling noise of the fans can be fixed by running the fans on motherboard headers or direct power from your PSU. Replacing the fans will allow you to still use the pwm control of the H-i cooler, without the noise. (That is what I did)

I hope this helps many people and their problems! If you have any questions just ask :)

There is a second fix for this, for when firmware updating does not work.  

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Hi Everyone, my H80i keeps my cpu temps at about 45 degrees idle (4670k) but once I game and bring the temps up, they dont go down after. On a side note, one of the pipes is hot and the other is normal. Any ideas? 

the one tube being hotter than the other is normal, no need to worry about that

but what temp does your CPU get during gaming? as long as its below 85C its safe

does it not go down at all after gaming? it takes a few minutes to drop back to idle temps

maybe your game is not closing correctly?

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

It sure is funny how so many people, (me as well, RMAd units fans are worse than the first one), have the same issues with the Corsair fans. There is no, easy or otherwise, fix for a bad design or cheap junk.  :angry: . No more Corsair <_< . . . . . . . .

Walt Prill :angry: .

It sure is funny how so many people, (me as well, RMAd units fans are worse than the first one), have the same issues with the Corsair fans. There is no, easy or otherwise, fix for a bad design or cheap junk.  :angry: . No more Corsair <_< . . . . . . . .

Walt Prill :angry: .

The stock fans squeak, yes. The replacement fans are fine; They leak a little bit of oil outwards for the first day or so and then no problems at all. 

But I mean, Corsair Customer service rivals Apple customer service, and Apple customer service is freakin awesome. 

CS is %50 of the product. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

• 6 months later...

H100i v2 for 4 days.

Pump is dead.

Look at this video that i recorded when i change from quiet to performance mode:  http://es.tinypic.com/r/fkpmxe/9

there isn't a vibrating sound, but my unit has a sound like electricity...

the pump should vibrate a little.

i'll request a replacement.

• 7 months later...

For anyone having issues, I tried following everything I could and finally settled on jjust installing every version I could find in the "Downloads" section, oldest to newest. 

there were a few that said that I had to uninstall the older versions first but, I just skipped on those versions. The latest, Corsair Link 4, asked me to either uninstall or, to skip the uninstall and just continue, which I did. Finally..... after days of jet engines that I could hear over my headphones.......

Windows 10 btw.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/downloads