Do YOU have H100i / H80i problems? LOOK HERE before posting

There is a known issues with AI suite and corsair link working together..

hmm really? Like this morning I turned on my computer and some how my USB port was detecting the pump so I updated the firmware and it worked. But, as soon as my computer went to sleep and I woke it up. My fans on my cooler stopped working again. now I have them plugged back into the motherboard. Even after reboot, the motherboard (sabertooth z77) isn't detecting the Corsair Link again. Also, if there is a know issue with AI suite and corsair not working together, is there fix for it? or would a BIOs update fix it?

After sometime i found out its a common problem with windows 8 but as of now its working fine. Idk how or when it happened but it works now

| CM Storm Trooper | MSI GD45 | 4670k @4.3Ghz h100i | MSI 780 Gaming Edition | Antec Greenwatts 650watts | 250GB Samsung Evo SSD 1.5tb 5400RPM | Asus VE278H | Logitch, G400s, G710, Z623 speakers|

Hello random question I suppose. But I could not find much information about this.

I am going to get the H80i sometime soon. And my build is going to get filled with Noctua's, but because I am on a budget. I was thinking to just use the H80i with 1 NF-F12 in push for the time being. I know that pull is better for cleaning purpose, but I want to see the Noctua fan when I look in my case! Push or pull doesn't mather for tempatures as far as I could find. 

Edit: ok, im blind - found a Linus video that I watched before aswell. Where he shows the tempature diffrence is about 10C with push/pull compared to pull or push only. Ofcourse still not even close to the H100i ^^

So I assume I will get another NF-F12 asap! And not OC to high before that. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All.  I came across some information that I thought would help this thread out so I thought I should add it here, in the interest of keeping everybody in the community informed about the H100i or H80i. 
I recently got the H100i to add to my new PC build.  After completing the build and installing the Corsair Link software I discovered that the I could not "see" the H100i pump, or fans in the Corsair Link dashboard.  Making it not possible for me to customize the fan speeds, change the pump color, etc.   I contacted Corsair support with my specific parts and Operating system (Windows 8.1 Pro) and they replied informing me that: "We are aware that our software is not compatible with the official release of Windows 8.1 and we are working out a solution."   So until the "Solution" is found and the updated firmware released the H100i and H80i cannot take advantage of the Corsair Link features.  (IE. customize fan speeds, Monitor fan speeds, change pump led colors).   This does not mean the H100i/H80i  cannot be used with Windows 8.1 systems.  It should still work and function to cool your CPU, and with some "modifications" you can get the Corsair Link software working on Windows 8.1.  (more info on the Modifications here:http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118618)

I can share that using the option to disable the USB in Device Manager, Reboot the system, then re-enable the USB worked fine for me.
Those of you out there considering the H100i/H80i for your system, you definitely should check out the links if you want to use the latest Windows operating system if you intend to get the most out of your Corsair H100i/H80i.

Hope this helps those out there with the same issues.

Rig; CPU - Intel i7-4770k, MB - Asus Maximus VI Formula, Memory- Dominator Platinum 32GB, SSD - Samsung 840 Evo - OS, GPU - Asus GTX 780 Direct CU II, Case - Fractal Design R4 window, Monitor - Asus BG248QE X3 in surround.

• 2 weeks later...

Have there been any update? i finish my pc build with H100i and win 8.1. cant see the pump color change feature 

Good news,  sort of.  Corsair has released a new version of their Corsair Link software for the H100i that does resolve some issues for some systems that are using Windows 8.1.  After following the instructions for the new install on their forums and trying it myself I can report that the end results was a mixed bag of good, and not so good.  I was able to "see" and change my Pump LEDs, however I still could not see my fans.  After reading thru the forums, this result was not too unexpected.  The guys at corsair are trying to fix up their software to work with all systems, but are not quite all the way there.  For any out there wishing to try out the latest software you can find it here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118617

My advice to you all is read up first, ask questions, and proceed after making sure you know what version of the Corsair Link software you are currently using before you uninstall and install the latest.  (just in case you need to go back to the version you were previously using)  Good luck to you. 

Rig; CPU - Intel i7-4770k, MB - Asus Maximus VI Formula, Memory- Dominator Platinum 32GB, SSD - Samsung 840 Evo - OS, GPU - Asus GTX 780 Direct CU II, Case - Fractal Design R4 window, Monitor - Asus BG248QE X3 in surround.

Good news,  sort of.  Corsair has released a new version of their Corsair Link software for the H100i that does resolve some issues for some systems that are using Windows 8.1.  After following the instructions for the new install on the forums and trying it myself I can report that the end results was a mixed bag of good, and not so good.  I was able to "see" and change my Pump LEDs, however I still could not see my fans.  After reading thru the forums, this result was not too unexpected.  The guys at corsair are trying to fix up their software to work with all systems, but are not quite all the way there.  For any out there wishing to try out the latest software you can find it here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118617

My advice to you all is read up first, ask questions, and proceed after making sure you know what version of the Corsair Link software you are currently using before you uninstall and install the latest.  (just in case you need to go back to the version you were previously using)  Good luck to you. 

Found a work around of sorts! This is for Windows 8.1 users, and it allowed me to gain control of my entire H80i! These are my steps for anyone wanting to replicate;

1)Installed Corsair link from downloads section Here (2.4)

2) Uninstalled program and driver(both in Programs and features) after H80i was not detected

3)Did a restart

4)Installed the beta version (2.5.5) provided by Sym above (here)

5)Was asked to update my firmware by the software when I opened it 

6) Realised that everything apart from my fans were detected- and my fans became very loud and spun too fast 

6)Uninstalled the software and driver (from Programs and features)

7)Installed the original (non beta software -2.4) again. here

8) Open the software - and BOOM there was the entire H80i - including the fans. Turned down the fan speed to Quiet mode , and it was happy days!

Must say this was using an Asus motherboard , FX 8320, with Windows 8.1 installed. (Also - because this was mentioned before - I have AI Suite installed , but it didn't seem to cause any problems)

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

Found a work around of sorts! This is for Windows 8.1 users, and it allowed me to gain control of my entire H80i! These are my steps for anyone wanting to replicate;

2) Uninstalled program and driver(both in Programs and features) after H80i was not detected

3)Did a restart

6) Realised that everything apart from my fans were detected- and my fans became very loud and spun too fast 

8) Open the software - and BOOM there was the entire H80i - including the fans. Turned down the fan speed to Quiet mode , and it was happy days!

Must say this was using an Asus motherboard , FX 8320, with Windows 8.1 installed. (Also - because this was mentioned before - I have AI Suite installed , but it didn't seem to cause any problems)

Did you uninstall the corsair link USB dongle? 

It worked for me without uninstalling it^ 

and one more question that Firmware is for the H100i/H80i?

Edited by Raphael_123

Did you uninstall the corsair link USB dongle? 

It worked for me without uninstalling it^ 

and one more question that Firmware is for the H100i/H80i?

Yeah , I did just incase - as the Link software automatically reinstalls it. As for the firmware; if it prompts you with a firmware update , then it is compatible with you cooler. 

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Yeah , I did just incase - as the Link software automatically reinstalls it. As for the firmware; if it prompts you with a firmware update , then it is compatible with you cooler. 

it did told me to do it. i have a H100i and now has firmware 1.0.7 < 

do you also get all of this ASUS sensors temp readings?

it did told me to do it. i have a H100i and now has firmware 1.0.7 < 

do you also get all of this ASUS sensors temp readings?

I did , but they were all 0 degrees , dunno why , but you can use CPUID HWMonitor to see those if you want

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

3)Did a restart

Thanks for the additional tips Coswar. Your tips helped me as well.  After going back to the original Non beta software version of Corsair Link,  all of my fans and temps showed.  With the exception of the motherboard temps, which did show under the beta, but the fans did not.  I'm more inclined to go with the options of controlling the fans and seeing their status, than the motherboard temps.  BTW I'm on a ASUS brand as well.  The Maximus Formula VI, with AI Suite installed.  Thanks again for the tip.  I'll probably stay with this until they come out with an official Windows 8.1 version of the software where they've worked out all the bugs.  :)

• 1 month later...

Do i have to have the corsair link connected to the motherboard? I am gonna use a lamptron Fan Controller

Do i have to have the corsair link connected to the motherboard? I am gonna use a lamptron Fan Controller

no

only if you want to change the colour of the LED

but then you can unplug it again after changing that

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 1 month later...

So far I have updated the firmware, and stopped the "always on at full" situation. The problem that remains is that the Corsair Link software doesn't recognize the H100i unless I unplug it from the motherboard and plug it back in a different USB slot. It doesn't matter which slot its in when I boot, so far this repluging is required every time I want to use Corsair Link.

Ugh! Anyway, is there a Bios setting or something I can do to stop having to do this? 

I have the H100i, with a Asus Z87 Pro motherboard. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. Link is able to read all the settings for my other fans but nothing for H100i. I've tried everything I can think of. Anyone have any ideas?

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

• 2 weeks later...

Good news,  sort of.  Corsair has released a new version of their Corsair Link software for the H100i that does resolve some issues for some systems that are using Windows 8.1.  After following the instructions for the new install on their forums and trying it myself I can report that the end results was a mixed bag of good, and not so good.  I was able to "see" and change my Pump LEDs, however I still could not see my fans.  After reading thru the forums, this result was not too unexpected.  The guys at corsair are trying to fix up their software to work with all systems, but are not quite all the way there.  For any out there wishing to try out the latest software you can find it here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118618

Another update from our friends at Corsair.  They have updated their Corsair Link Beta Software.  As of 4/17/2014 - Corsair Link Software Update BETA Version 2.6.5214 is now available.  The link below should bring you to their main page.  This Beta Version may be better for those of you out there that are having problems with the software working with Windows 8, and 8.1.  I have installed the latest version using the instructions on the Corsair forum, and so far so good.  Knock on wood.  All my device temps, and fans are showing, even my Asus Maximus Formula VI motherboard temps are now showing. But I don't want to sound too exited, lest I anger somebody, and my whole system crashes.  Good Luck to you if you decide to upgrade to the latest.  I hope it can help fix some of your issues.  In the interest of using the latest software I'm re posting the link here; http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118618

Another update from our friends at Corsair.  They have updated their Corsair Link Beta Software.  As of 4/17/2014 - Corsair Link Software Update BETA Version 2.6.5214 is now available.  The link below should bring you to their main page.  This Beta Version may be better for those of you out there that are having problems with the software working with Windows 8, and 8.1.  I have installed the latest version using the instructions on the Corsair forum, and so far so good.  Knock on wood.  All my device temps, and fans are showing, even my Asus Maximus Formula VI motherboard temps are now showing. But I don't want to sound too exited, lest I anger somebody, and my whole system crashes.  Good Luck to you if you decide to upgrade to the latest.  I hope it can help fix some of your issues.  In the interest of using the latest software I'm re posting the link here; http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118618

The Gods are on your side :)

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

If you having problems with you Corsair LED changing colors after Reboot try this 

Pick the color you want 

For example: R:255 G:0 B:0 

and instead of putting the Green and Blue bars to 0%

SET IT AS 1

Like this R:255 G:1 B:1

1% will not affect the color you picked

After reboot, the color you pick should come up.

Credits to legolard in the corsair link forum. 

Link:http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128145&page=2

Hi everone,

I just want to say that the h100i is a peace of "govno".(translate govno)

This is the 7th time i had to rma the unit.

I just got the new unit from corsair a few days ago (First i bought a h100 then two times i get a new replacment h100, after that i started geting h100i 4 times) and it already problems started.

Now i have a new problem that i didnt see before.

First the fans started dying but this is "normal" and i am already used to it but the real problem is when the cpu starts to get hot the unit disconects and conects every few seconds and the led lights start to blink.

I was just playing battlefield 3 then it started again and it is realy anoing because every few seconds i hear the noise like i just unpluged the usb and pluged it in again.

BTW i had the few units that i could not control the fans and the lights on win8 and there is a registry fix for that.

You have to edit the registry value :

HKLM/SYSTEM/CurentControlSet/Enum/USB/VID_1B1C&PID_0C04/Device Parameters

There you need to change four parameters to from 1 to 0 (AllowIdleIrpInD3, DeviceSelectiveSuspend, EnhancedPowerManagmentEnabled, SelectiveSuspendEnabled) and then reboot.

I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

I built a new system yesterday and when i booted it up everything seemed ok, until i tried to change the speed of the fans on my H80i. I have corsair link installed but i can't change any settings for my H80i, the led would'nt change neither the fan speed. And when i try to switch mode from quite to performance there is no difference... The fans are sittin at max speed no matter what. Please help?

Download the H80i firmware from here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=115836

Then go in corsair link and go to options>devices>update firmware

And update your H80i

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Could someone tell me if you need to keep the Link cable plugged in for the LED to stay the colour you set it? Can you uninstall Corsair link software and it'll keep the colour you set it? Cheers

no, you only need the cable if you want to monitor the pump rpm, or actively customize the settings

if you unplug it, it should stay on the last settings you saved

I also would like to uninstall the Corsair Link and still be able to keep my Corsair Logo Led in Blue at all times, keeping my Black & Blue Theme goin', is this even possible???

The reason why I want to uninstall it : I don't really need it, I have a 6FC setup and I have the EVGA Precision setup for my GPU's.

I also would like to uninstall the Corsair Link and still be able to keep my Corsair Logo Led in Blue at all times, keeping my Black & Blue Theme goin', is this even possible???

The reason why I want to uninstall it : I don't really need it, I have a 6FC setup and I have the EVGA Precision setup for my GPU's.

Yup just set it yo blue in corsair link and then save, close, and uninstall. You can also remove the internal USB cable at that point.

Settings will be saved to your H100i.

Spoiler

OP isn't 100% correct. Corsair Link not seeing fans on Windows 8.1 is caused by a USB-setting in the registry:

Go into the registry and look for HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04. For each port/path string you see under this (numbers and ampersands smushed together), open the "Device Parameters" and change the FOUR DWORD settings to 0 (AllowIdleIrpInD3, DeviceSelectiveSuspended, EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled, SelectiveSuspendEnabled). Reboot.

Currently working on a Watercooled Corsair Obsidian 350D (clicky)

Intel i5 4670k, ASUS GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo, 16GB RAM, 3 TB Seagate HDD