Tesla banned from new jersy | *UPDATE* 03/14/2014

AlexGoesHigh

^^^ Either a troll or a dumbass (or both)

Not really, im actually highly intelligent. i dont like teslas or people who dont understand how bad electric cars are. Thats my opinion and it doesnt make me dumb :)

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Not really, im actually highly intelligent. i dont like teslas or people who dont understand how bad electric cars are. Thats my opinion and it doesnt make me dumb :)

How bad are they?  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

^^^ Either a troll or a dumbass (or both)

I'd watch my foul mouth if I was you. It's against COC to go around insulting people.

I accually see where @Jumper118 is going, even tho' he's missing the point here. The point isn't wether the electric cars are good or bad, it's about free market.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

How bad are they?  :lol:

Really really bad. I do think they are better than a prius but still think they do more bad then good for the environment, not that i care about the environment. Its just them fooling people. I could explain but i would end up ranting and it would not end well. :P

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Really really bad. I do think they are better than a prius but still think they do more bad then good for the environment, not that i care about the environment. Its just them fooling people. I could explain but i would end up ranting and it would not end well. :P

This. And it's bad to go OT... :)

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

There are a lot of misconceptions about that too… but I agree its not worth turning this thread into a mess.

Good news, Electric cars are retarded. Hydrogen would be the easiest to use as we could simply modify the existing infrastructure to support the distribution of hydrogen instead of petrol.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Republicans believe in free market, and that the govenerment should not interfere in the market.

Three states with republican governors where the state has enacted rules that prevent tesla from directly taking part in the free market.

Nice.

Most republicans are nowhere near their roots of where the Republican party came from. In fact most of the more closely resemble the democrat party more than anything. This is why the other 3rd party's like libertarian and constitutionalists are getting bigger and bigger. 

I have a solution. Tesla could create a Subsidiary company that handles the sales.

Most republicans are nowhere near their roots of where the Republican party came from. In fact most of the more closely resemble the democrat party more than anything. This is why the other 3rd party's like libertarian and constitutionalists are getting bigger and bigger. 

It was partly joke, partly pointing out the hypocrisy, not intended as partisan comment.

I disagree with you overall statement, but I am not trying to turn this into a political debate. 

Good news, Electric cars are retarded. Hydrogen would be the easiest to use as we could simply modify the existing infrastructure to support the distribution of hydrogen instead of petrol.

ok. you have my attention. in what way is hydrogen a better suloution? both the electrolysis and the burning of hydrogen is fairly inefficient from what i have heard.

I have a solution. Tesla could create a Subsidiary company that handles the sales.

I think that will still be subject to the law.

I also think that tesla might be right in their assumption regarding control over the dealership and a person's buying experience. Its not super-critical, but I think it would make a difference.

I think that will still be subject to the law.

I also think that tesla might be right in their assumption regarding control over the dealership and a person's buying experience. Its not super-critical, but I think it would make a difference.

maby. i have not read the specific law. but i think thats what many other companies does when this happens to them.

maby. i have not read the specific law. but i think thats what many other companies does when this happens to them.

Most automotive manufacturers use third party dealerships.

ok. you have my attention. in what way is hydrogen a better suloution? both the electrolysis and the burning of hydrogen is fairly inefficient from what i have heard.

That's irrelevant because the efficiency would improve with time, it would be much farther along right now if it had proper support behind it and if the oil companies would fuck off. The fact remains that we would never run out unlike petrol and would be dirt cheap to produce.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

That's irrelevant because the efficiency would improve with time, it would be much farther along right now if it had proper support behind it and if the oil companies would fuck off. The fact remains that we would never run out unlike petrol and would be dirt cheap to produce.

i still think that Electric cars have more going for them. and yes eficiency will become better.. but the eficency of electric motors already is pretty nice. and in the end the energy need to come from electricity anyways.

Edit: the electrolysis needs electricity. and what we are esentialy discussing is what is better for energy storage. electric batteries or hydrogen.

And batterie tecnology is advancing faster and faster. (graphene batteries will be awsome)

Can we please end the discussion on whether hydrogen is better than electric, or whether electric is bad? This is about whether NJ being a prick is okay.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Can we please end the discussion on whether hydrogen is better than electric, or whether electric is bad? This is about whether NJ being a prick is okay.

ok thought it was an interesting discussion but ok will go hide in the closet now.

i still think that Electric cars have more going for them. and yes eficiency will become better.. but the eficency of electric motors already is pretty nice. and in the end the energy need to come from electricity anyways.

Edit: the electrolysis needs electricity. and what we are esentialy discussing is what is better for energy storage. electric batteries or hydrogen.

And batterie tecnology is advancing faster and faster. (graphene batteries will be awsome)

Batteries are garbage now and they will always be garbage. We have the right recipe for transportation now, it just runs on the wrong stuff.

ok thought it was an interesting discussion but ok will go hide in the closet now.

It's not a bad discussion, but it's becoming a hot-button and off-topic thing in this thread.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Problem with hydrogen is distribution. We already have electricity EVERYWHERE, where hydrogen would need to be transported. 

I would bet on batteries improving further and us going electric faster than hydrogen.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

You don't see the point @ is trying to make here.

Batteries are expensive to make and very unfriendly to the enviroment (the manufacturing process that is). And the technology of the batteries means that they need to be exchanged every few years before they lose their capacity to the extent of being unable to power the car more than a couple of miles. Now I don't know about you but I like my car bo be able to last me at least 4-5 years before I have to do any major work on it, when I buy it new.

People buy guns across state lines they can surely buy an electric car?

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Regardless of what method is better, companies shouldn't be outright banned from states. Unless they were in some part of illegal activities, there should be no reason why a company is banned in states. This is a terrible idea that may harm any new companies in any industry...

Fortunately, NJ is not that big of a state. You could hop next door to New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland or Delaware and purchase your car (which is allowed).

For people who really want a Tesla, they'll probably go with that option. If that's the case, then all this amendment will do is drive their business to neighboring states and away from New Jersey.

I was just thinking that. NJ is really missing out. Their loss though.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)