What performence jump can i expect?

Right now im running a i7 3700, I'm thinking about upgrading to a i5 9400f

I have a GTX 1050ti and run at 1440p

What performence jump can i expect with that cpu upgrade?

I'm a heavy multitasker and gamer

Cheers

If you're a heavy multitasker I'd go with Ryzen.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

If you're a heavy multitasker I'd go with Ryzen.

My mates got the 9400f he's willing to let go for quite cheap, also i much prefer the single thread performance as i will be buying second hand and not the latest gen cpus.

Just now, Burnedice25 said:

My mates got the 9400f he's willing to let go for quite cheap, also i much prefer the single thread performance as i will be buying second hand and not the latest gen cpus.

Fair point. How much is "quite cheap"?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Fair point. How much is "quite cheap"?

i think $150 AUD.

And plus, it allows me to upgrade further and i just like Intel more, that single theard performance is a big help to me

2 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

i think $150 AUD.

And plus, it allows me to upgrade further and i just like Intel more, that single theard performance is a big help to me

Is that just for the CPU? It's not that much cheaper than new.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Yes, just for the CPU.

Again, I like previous gen intel (where im buying) more than Ryzen due to better single threaded performence.

Most likley gonna upgrade to a 9700 after a few months when i have some more cash

its just to make it easier on the wallet if i buy MOBO / RAM / SSD seperatley, then buy the 'main' cpu

16 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

What performance jump can i expect?