The truth about Noctua fans

Askew

they've been "on the way" for 2 years now...  I gave up waiting

Noctua is a relatively small company, they are no where near the size of Corsair so it takes them more time to release a product than it takes Corsair.

you can make them a color that matches most pc components

and here's a black and white fan that looks unique

eloop_B12_bs_xl.jpg

Without a color change so that means black also that is more unique for its design in general which does have some reasoning behind it. What I was more going after is if yo utake a straight black fan like most people seem to want how to yo umake it unique.

they've been "on the way" for 2 years now...  I gave up waiting

it hasnt even been a full year I believe as they were shown off last year at computex.

I currently use them on my Noctua Nh-D14 cooler, but I think they look hideous as all hell and I'll be replacing the entire thing with an AIO once my parts finish coming in.

The looks did play a big part in my decision, but the main thing was going for a quiet system.

Edit: I'm going with Orange Cougar fans to match my Black/Orange build.

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

Without a color change so that means black also that is more unique for its design in general which does have some reasoning behind it. What I was more going after is if yo utake a straight black fan like most people seem to want how to yo umake it unique.

it hasnt even been a full year I believe as they were shown off last year at computex.

if you look at my original post about the color, I said a color that matches a most pc components, not just sabertooth mobo's.  I didn't say that they have to be all black.  but either way, now having experienced noctua's for myself, I'm not gonna buy them again even if they do change the colors to something better.

looks like you're right about the time line, for some reason in my head it's been much longer

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Well you guys just made me seriously rethink getting an NH-D14 for my new computer... :(

Well you guys just made me seriously rethink getting an NH-D14 for my new computer... :(

its a great cooler, don't let us dissuade you from buying it.  its one of the best air coolers there is.  but there are better looking options that perform within margin of error or maybe slightly worse.  but not enough to have any kinda impact on performance

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

I don't know what made you change your mind but there's a reason why the D14 has won so many awards and Tom's Hardware gave it a "best of 2012 hardware" award.

No, please don't misunderstand, that is a fantastic cooler! The object of this thread was to debate the value and appearance of Noctua fans vs competing fans.

I got one for my powersupply because I was building a silent pc and I would never have to look at the fan in the power supply but I fell in love as soon i pulled it from it's packaging. The fans are built with high quality plastic that just feels good and heavy and it inspired me to redo my entire build with noctua fans and do a copper theme.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

if i could i would use them, but they're simply too expensive.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

you can make them a color that matches most pc components

and here's a black and white fan that looks unique

Or you just buy the black version of them: http://overhard.ru/upload/iblock/1c/00-00002878-1.jpeg

Its the same fan made by noiseblocker.

Anyways somewhere in 2009-2010 I upgraded from the stock cooler to a nh-d14 thats when I started to love them. I only use fans between 300-700 and its pretty much all about the motor/bearing noise for me. The NF-F12 is much louder when you hook it up against a rad and when you use them as pushpull they make an electrical whine noise (youtube nh-u14s single vs dual fan). When I tested them just outside of the case they were a bit audible at 1500 rpm but once its on a rad its like a 5000 rpm fan. Their older 120mm version was quieter which one was it? P12?

Theyre decent casefans but be quiet is a better choice imo. Only noctua fanboys would buy noctua again, there's no such thing as "noctua or gtfo". 

I'm wondering how the silverstone AP121 performs (I have two of them in full black but not available anymore >.<) on a rad, theyre the best looking fans imo.

Don't worry, black Noctuas are on their way

Really? That's great! Any idea about released date or when will it be officially unveiled?

The PC Enthusiast's rig is under construction.

Really? That's great! Any idea about released date or when will it be officially unveiled?

They showed them at Computex 2013 but I haven't heard anything about when they'll be released.

For my main rig I bought the NH-D14 as I for a long time wanted to try a Noctua product to see what the fuss was about. The product is amazing in so many ways and the more I look at it, the more appealing it gets, just like "insert great metaphor". I don't intent to use this when I'll redo my build as I'm hoping to be able to make a custom water loop but I'm sure I'll be able to pack it away and use it for another build a year or 2 down the road. Or I will donate it to my younger brother.

As for my NAS build goes, it has no side window, so it's not getting showed off. I did however prioritize aesthetics high when I was looking for parts and I'll soon sleeve the cables even though you wont be able to see them. So "why did I go for the Noctua fans when I care about aesthetics" you might ask. One thing is performance and the premium feel they have, which is shown through the packaging all the way to the performance of the fan. So it gives the build a more premium look I think. The 6 years warranty is definitely a big plus for a 24/7 operating system.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

They showed them at Computex 2013 but I haven't heard anything about when they'll be released.

I have wanted these since I saw them, when/if they launch I hope they compare well to the competition, if they manage to perform well and not cost too much I might just switch out and have an all black PC.

I have wanted these since I saw them, when/if they launch I hope they compare well to the competition, if they manage to perform well and not cost too much I might just switch out and have an all black PC.

The black ones will be made better and have better performance because they will be higher rpm. but because of that they will also be more expensive, if your looking for something more budget look at the grey ones called project redux.

The black ones will be made better and have better performance because they will be higher rpm. but because of that they will also be more expensive, if your looking for something more budget look at the grey ones called project redux.

I currently have all NF-P12 and NF-F12s in my rig, by not cost too much I meant not a drastic price hike for black.

Interesting, I hadn't seen the Redux ones, I wonder how much less they will cost, they seem very blandly designed so maybe looks will put people off again?

They dropped my cpu temp at load by 5C and I think they are quieter then the ones I had in there before. 

They're great fans. The y-splitter cable and other exrtas make it worth it. The anti-vibration mounts work good and are nifty. The fans use a cnc machined brass bearing. Why is this good? I dunno but it sounds great :)

They're great fans but only for people who dondon't care about color... which not everyone does. If you care about color. There are plenty of other nice offerings. These gentle typhoons fans everyone talks about are interesting. I would like to try those. :)

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

They're great fans. The y-splitter cable and other exrtas make it worth it. The anti-vibration mounts work good and are nifty. The fans use a cnc machined brass bearing. Why is this good? I dunno but it sounds great :)

They're great fans but only for people who dondon't care about color... which not everyone does. If you care about color. There are plenty of other nice offerings. These gentle typhoons fans everyone talks about are interesting. I would like to try those. :)

I'm one of those people that doesn't care about color which is why I choose to run their fans in my system.

I currently have all NF-P12 and NF-F12s in my rig, by not cost too much I meant not a drastic price hike for black.

Interesting, I hadn't seen the Redux ones, I wonder how much less they will cost, they seem very blandly designed so maybe looks will put people off again?

Noctua's cost considerably more than even older high end fans at least in the US, my guess it at least a $5 increase.

Probably significantly cheaper as they are abs and dont come with all the accessories. And yep probably will not like them. I also have a feeling the black is only black k due to different materials used. My idea behind this is that they are intended for enterprise use and they could really care less on the color.

Yes the accessories definitely make up the price difference for me.

I actually like the color as it bring some early tones into the pc. Im kinda sick of black with a bright contrasting color (red, green, yellow).

You might want to hurry on the gentle typhons as they are no longer being made. I also like their gray color as well but many people mod them as it far easier to do with the pbt the noctua's are made of.

when hou get a chance could you turn off your tapatalk sig.

Yes the accessories definitely make up the price difference for me.

I actually like the color as it bring some early tones into the pc. Im kinda sick of black with a bright contrasting color (red, green, yellow).

You might want to hurry on the gentle typhons as they are no longer being made. I also like their gray color as well but many people mod them as it far easier to do with the pbt the noctua's are made of.

when hou get a chance could you turn off your tapatalk sig.

noiseblockers also come with a bunch of accessories and a sweet nut and bolt (with rubber grommets) mounting setup.  although mine didn't have a y splitter, but niether did the noctua nf-a14...  I think the nf-f12 is the only noctua fan that comes with a y splitter

noiseblockers also come with a bunch of accessories and a sweet nut and bolt (with rubber grommets) mounting setup. although mine didn't have a y splitter, but niether did the noctua nf-a14... I think the nf-f12 is the only noctua fan that comes with a y splitter

Yes and their priced right about the same of not more in the us from what I recall. All of my NF-A14 PWM's came with all the same accessories as my NF-F12 PWM's. The only time I have gotten different accessories was with their 3 pin or FLX fans.

I plan to try the noiseblockers but I have no reason to get any yet. Also would tou happen to know if they have PWM ones? Sory I havnt looked into them too much as only more recently have they become available in the US.

Yes and their priced right about the same of not more in the us from what I recall. All of my NF-A14 PWM's came with all the same accessories as my NF-F12 PWM's. The only time I have gotten different accessories was with their 3 pin or FLX fans.

I plan to try the noiseblockers but I have no reason to get any yet. Also would tou happen to know if they have PWM ones? Sory I havnt looked into them too much as only more recently have they become available in the US.

I have the FLX version of the NF-A14's, didn't even know you could get those in a pwm... although all my fans are hooked up to a fan controller anyway, so pwm isn't an issue for me.

Noiseblockers are available with pwm, the eloops even have 2 pwm version with different max speeds.  few of their other models also have pwm, but I'm not sure if all of them do

I have the FLX version of the NF-A14's, didn't even know you could get those in a pwm... although all my fans are hooked up to a fan controller anyway, so pwm isn't an issue for me.

Noiseblockers are available with pwm, the eloops even have 2 pwm version with different max speeds. few of their other models also have pwm, but I'm not sure if all of them do

Yep the pwm one also has a higher max rpm than any of the other A14 models from what I remember.

As for noiseblockers im only interested in the eloops their other offering dont seem anything special.