Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: cyberpunk 2077 

This is what i have now. 

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor

VIdeo: Card ATI Radeon HD 5670

motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M LX V2

Ram: 8 gigabyte 

Hdd: 500 gigabyte

Power supply: 600w

Iknow its hard to do any thing for 200 dollar.

but maby ican start some where? And upgrade over time. Got two kids and a house so dont have big budget to spend at one time. But some pointers on where to start and go from there is what im looking for. Dont need to be new stuff. If you know like a older parts that I shoud look for on ebay thats also fine. My goal is to be abel to play cyberpunk 2077 on medium /low settings for a start

Sorry for the bad English, I hope you get what im trying to find. Best regards Cristoffer ekström from Tierp Sweden.

gpu. like a used 2060 may work. then get a new cpu mobo and memory whn you have more (like a 3100 and a b550m d3sh and a 2x4gb kit of ddr4)

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

gpu. like a used 2060 may work. then get a new cpu mobo and memory whn you have more (like a 3100 and a b550m d3sh and a 2x4gb kit of ddr4)

Ican use a 2060 gpu with my motherboard? Shoud iget motherboard or cpu first? 

Just now, Cristoffer said:

Ican use a 2060 gpu with my motherboard? Shoud iget motherboard or cpu first? 

the 2060 would work. there would be a large cpu bottleneck, but the hd will just die playing anygames.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, Cristoffer said:

Budget (including currency): 2000kr

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: cyberpunk 2077 

This is what i have now. 

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor

VIdeo: Card ATI Radeon HD 5670

motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M LX V2

Ram: 8 gigabyte 

Hdd: 500 gigabyte

Power supply: 600w

Iknow its hard to do any thing for 200 dollar.

but maby ican start some where? And upgrade over time. Got two kids and a house so dont have big budget to spend at one time. But some pointers on where to start and go from there is what im looking for. Dont need to be new stuff. If you now like a older parts that I shoud look for on ebay thats also fine. My goal is to be abel to play cyberpunk 2077 on medium /low settings for a start

Sorry for the bad English, I hope you get what im trying to find. Best regards Cristoffer ekström from Tierp Sweden.

Really you just need a new computer. Upgrading anything is not going to do a lot but the least harmfull upgrade could be a gpu. Like a used rx 470/570.

This machine is not gonna play cyberpunk well (no reviews yet but it's quite a bit under min spec) no matter what cpu you put in there due to the horrible single core performance of the amd fx cpus.

My advice is to well just save up and play the game later. Any upgrade to this pc is wasted money as it's not even gonna meet min spec in the cpu department.

The gpu is an option but still that only gets one part at min spec. What is the psu? Model is important 600w means nothing if it's a bad quality unit that would break and kill the system when you put in a gpu that needs more power.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Really you just need a new computer. Upgrading anything is not going to do a lot but the least harmfull upgrade could be a gpu. Like a used rx 470/570.

This machine is not gonna play cyberpunk well (no reviews yet but it's quite a bit under min spec) no matter what cpu you put in there due to the horrible single core performance of the amd fx cpus.

My advice is to well just save up and play the game later. Any upgrade to this pc is wasted money as it's not even gonna meet min spec in the cpu department.

The gpu is an option but still that only gets one part at min spec. What is the psu? Model is important 600w means nothing if it's a bad quality unit that would break and kill the system when you put in a gpu that needs more power.

Okey. But is it possible to get a computer for 200-300 that ican start with and later upgrade

I see alot of older gaming computer on blocket (its like ebay) that is around 5 years old. Can that be a good start?

A FX-6300 or FX-6330 would also be a cheapish upgrade to get higher CPU performance, something which you'll hit hard in gaming.

A new Ryzen build would be preferable, however.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

7 minutes ago, Cristoffer said:

Okey. But is it possible to get a computer for 200-300 that ican start with and later upgrade

I see alot of older gaming computer on blocket (its like ebay) that is around 5 years old. Can that be a good start?

Depends. There is a big thing about to happen and that is the launch of new consoles. Those always move the specs up for games quickly over 1-2 years time.

Basically what you need at a minimum is:

At least 8 threads. So a intel core i7 2600 cpu (or equivalent xeon). Amd fx cpu's are not an option they are far far behind and even get beaten by core i3 cpu's in gaming.

8gb of ram

A good gpu around the performance level of a rx470

However this system is probably going to be in need for replacing soon after the launch of the xbox and ps5 due to it being below the power of those consoles.

So really my advice is to just wait and save up.

4 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

A FX-6300 or FX-6330 would also be a cheapish upgrade to get higher CPU performance, something which you'll hit hard in gaming.

A new Ryzen build would be preferable, however.

Okey. Is it any older motherboard that I shoud look for? Like shoud i only go for motherboards with dd4 and pci 3.0 and 1151cpu? Kinda new on this. Trying to read alot. But its a big jungle out there.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Depends. There is a big thing about to happen and that is the launch of new consoles. Those always move the specs up for games quickly over 1-2 years time.

Basically what you need at a minimum is:

At least 8 threads. So a intel core i7 2600 cpu (or equivalent xeon). Amd fx cpu's are not an option they are far far behind and even get beaten by core i3 cpu's in gaming.

8gb of ram

A good gpu around the performance level of a rx470

However this system is probably going to be in need for replacing soon after the launch of the xbox and ps5 due to it being below the power of those consoles.

So really my advice is to just wait and save up.

Okey. Was kinda hopping that prices was going to go down thanks for ps5 and xbox. 

6 minutes ago, Cristoffer said:

Okey. Is it any older motherboard that I shoud look for? Like shoud i only go for motherboards with dd4 and pci 3.0 and 1151cpu? Kinda new on this. Trying to read alot. But its a big jungle out there.

Well currently the lowest you should get is a ryzen 3100 + decent b450 board and a 2x4gb kit of the fastest ddr4 you can get (withing reason 3000mhz and up is plenty good).

However amd is launching new cpu's in weeks which usually means their older ones go down in price a decent bit quickly so may wanna wait. Also people will be upgrading so used cpu's will be available.

12 minutes ago, Cristoffer said:

I would avoid Intel prior to LGA1151 (300-series), and any AMD platform outside of AM4, unless it's a really good deal. This is purely due to the fact you'll box yourself into dying platforms (no upgradability past 4c8t, poor IPC), and the prices of CPU's for those platforms being inflated by people trying to upgrade their older systems (Hence why I didn't recommend an 8-core FX CPU, the prices make them not a good value, compared to a new Ryzen build.)

That leaves the following platforms:

AM4

LGA1151 (300 series)

LGA1200

First generation Zen equipment is a decent value in the used market, particularly for those who aren't just gaming. IIRC an Athlon 3000G matches a FX-8350 for the average gaming workloads, so virtually any Zen based CPU will be an upgrade.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

10 hours ago, svmlegacy said:

I would avoid Intel prior to LGA1151 (300-series), and any AMD platform outside of AM4, unless it's a really good deal. This is purely due to the fact you'll box yourself into dying platforms (no upgradability past 4c8t, poor IPC), and the prices of CPU's for those platforms being inflated by people trying to upgrade their older systems (Hence why I didn't recommend an 8-core FX CPU, the prices make them not a good value, compared to a new Ryzen build.)

That leaves the following platforms:

AM4

LGA1151 (300 series)

LGA1200

First generation Zen equipment is a decent value in the used market, particularly for those who aren't just gaming. IIRC an Athlon 3000G matches a FX-8350 for the average gaming workloads, so virtually any Zen based CPU will be an upgrade.

Okey. Will read more about am4,  LGA1151 and LGA1200. thank you for helping