Upgrading from a GT 730 to a RX570

BrandonSuen

Budget (including currency): RM800

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Tom Clancy the Division, Need for Speed Payback, Resident Evil 3

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): RX570, EVGA PSU

So I had this desktop with me for a few years now. Its a Dell Optiplex with a Dell Inc. 0PC5F7 (SOCKET 0) Motherboard and also a i3 4130 processor. I am running on a budget here because of the pandemic that is going out worldwide. I have decided to upgrade my graphics card from a Nvidia GT 730 to a AMD RX 570 and of course you guys might say its best if I would to upgrade to a RX 580 but the thing is I am running on a budget as I saw a "USED" RX 570 on my local market. And yes it is authentic so don't worry about it and I also wanted to change a new power supply because the 270w for me isnt going anywhere and is it wise for me to upgrade to a different power supply because in a video where Linus explain about some "special" pin connector to the power supply might not exist in the new power supply that they might buy. So I am wondering is it wise to upgrade to a better Graphics card and Power Supply?

Google to check if your optiplex model has UEFI support in bios ... RX 570 cards need bioses with UEFI support otherwise they won't boot. 

You don't say what optiplex version you have and what's the wattage of the power supply. The RX 570 alone consumes up to around 180 watts, so you need to make sure the power supply can output at least around 250 watts on the 12v output - look inside the computer on the label of the psu. 

Your psu may not have a 8 pin pci-e connector in which case you can buy  2 x molex (old style hdd connector) to pci-e 8 pin connector or 2xsata -> pci-e 8 pin connector adapter cables (not recommended, if psu has molex connectors those adapters are better), but all this is pointless if the power supply can't provide the watts.

edit... i see mentioned 270w ... may or may not work with such psu... it's iffy.  

If the psu has a proprietary connector and not a 24 pin atx connector, there's adapter cables which would allow you to use a regular atx power supply, just search ebay with various keywords like optiplex power adapter cable  and so on... 

2 hours ago, mariushm said:

Google to check if your optiplex model has UEFI support in bios ... RX 570 cards need bioses with UEFI support otherwise they won't boot. 

You don't say what optiplex version you have and what's the wattage of the power supply. The RX 570 alone consumes up to around 180 watts, so you need to make sure the power supply can output at least around 250 watts on the 12v output - look inside the computer on the label of the psu. 

Your psu may not have a 8 pin pci-e connector in which case you can buy  2 x molex (old style hdd connector) to pci-e 8 pin connector or 2xsata -> pci-e 8 pin connector adapter cables (not recommended, if psu has molex connectors those adapters are better), but all this is pointless if the power supply can't provide the watts.

edit... i see mentioned 270w ... may or may not work with such psu... it's iffy.  

If the psu has a proprietary connector and not a 24 pin atx connector, there's adapter cables which would allow you to use a regular atx power supply, just search ebay with various keywords like optiplex power adapter cable  and so on... 

Yes I have checked. Apparently my old motherboard doesn't support UEFI so. I guess building a budget desktop won't be possible. BUT is there still any chance I can upgrade my 2Gb graphics card to a 4Gb ones? Because if I need to sell it, I basically lose a lot. I found a GTX 1650 LOW PROFILE and I might have a chance. Do you recommend this way?

-- EDIT: AND TERRIBLY SORRY my PSU is 290W. So I was thinking if i change a new 500w power supply on that motherboard with a GTX 1650 LOW PROFILE.. Do you think it will work?