Chiili plant

I am growing three different chilli Caroline Reapers, Naga Viper and Trinidad Scorpion Butch, so here we go, they need a lot more growing, i Better be very careful i dont end up in the Emergency unit, the left is Caroline Reaper, the middle Naga Viper, right end Trinidad scrorpion.

20201017_132850.thumb.jpg.48dbb36bde0b56b145c172a61676b39a.jpg

1 hour ago, James Aplin said:

i Better be very careful i dont end up in the Emergency unit

You ever just grow a plant and think to yourself "I could actually die from this"?

Me either. I'll stick with an Aloe plant 😂

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

You ever just grow a plant and think to yourself "I could actually die from this"?

Me either. I'll stick with an Aloe plant 😂

Chili Peppers can kill??? I'm quite sure that the countries where the hottest peppers came from, folks living there regularly consume them all of the time...

4 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Chili Peppers can kill???

It can actually make someone blind

Kill... Not too sure, unless there's underlying health conditions.

It can make you wish you were dead though

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

It can actually make someone blind

Kill... Not too sure, unless there's underlying health conditions.

It can make you wish you were dead though

Not sure about the blinding part. Wouldn't that be temporary? Unless you referring to 100% pure OC Spray. That I'm doubtful it is available to anyone.

Note: I'm not referring to the stuff used in food to bring heat to entries.

6 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Not sure about the blinding part. Wouldn't that be temporary? Unless you referring to 100% pure OC Spray. That I'm doubtful it is available to anyone.

i looked it up and you're right, it seems

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

i looked it up and you're right, it seems

Well LEO and Citizens wouldn't be allowed to use it if this permanent blinded preps.

7 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Chili Peppers can kill??? I'm quite sure that the countries where the hottest peppers came from, folks living there regularly consume them all of the time...

I mean capsaicin has a lethal dose, but I don't think you'll ever be able to reach it through eating chillis, you'll probably just throw up first.

I've heard of allergies to peppers, maybe OP is allergic?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 minute ago, Shreyas1 said:

I mean capsaicin has a lethal dose, but I don't think you'll ever be able to reach it through eating chillis, you'll probably just throw up first.

I've heard of allergies to peppers, maybe OP is allergic?

Isn't that extremely rare? I mean if it wasn't we would be hearing more about this given how widespread Peppers have become Worldwide.

57 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Isn't that extremely rare? I mean if it wasn't we would be hearing more about this given how widespread Peppers have become Worldwide.

Probably, I've only heard of it through the internet

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Keep an eye out for thrips, aphids and/or leafminers depending on where you are located. I regularly grow chilli plants but this year I've had real pest problems, mostly with my Carolina Reapers but also one of my Thai Birdseyes.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

40 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

Keep an eye out for thrips, aphids and/or leafminers depending on where you are located. I regularly grow chilli plants but this year I've had real pest problems, mostly with my Carolina Reapers but also one of my Thai Birdseyes.

Your growing them also, also i have heard they can grow 5FT yield i dont know,

Sorry about getting upset, i was only showing what i do other than cars bikes houses.

16 minutes ago, James Aplin said:

Your growing them also, also i have heard they can grow 5FT yield i dont know,

My Reapers are only about two foot, but I'm limited by lack of a greenhouse.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

14 hours ago, whm1974 said:

@Moonzy @whm1974 This was written about the Chilli Caroline Reapers: 

Turns out that eating the world’s hottest pepper ― or any ultra-hot pepper, for that matter ― can occasionally lead to health problems like shortness of breath, vomiting, seizures and, in a few extreme cases in children, death.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

On 10/19/2020 at 7:28 AM, James Aplin said:

Caroline Reapers, Naga Viper and Trinidad Scorpion Butch

Laughs at the rookie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resiniferatoxin

It's used to burn out the nerve endings of terminally ill cancer patients.

It has an LD50 of 148mg/kg. And has an MSDS sheet

https://www.fishersci.com/store/msds?partNumber=AC328470010&productDescription=RESINIFERATOXIN+(HIGH+PU1MG&vendorId=VN00032119&countryCode=US&language=en

Now that's a pepper to be feared...16 billion on the scoville scale

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

53 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Laughs at the rookie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resiniferatoxin

It's used to burn out the nerve endings of terminally ill cancer patients.

It has an LD50 of 148mg/kg. And has an MSDS sheet

https://www.fishersci.com/store/msds?partNumber=AC328470010&productDescription=RESINIFERATOXIN+(HIGH+PU1MG&vendorId=VN00032119&countryCode=US&language=en

Now that's a pepper to be feared...16 billion on the scoville scale

It comes from a cactus not a chili pepper... Pure  Capsaicin is only ~16 million units while Resiniferatoxin is 1000x higher then that. ~16 billion units.

I'm not sure if consuming pure Capsaicin will kill you if consumed, while Resiniferatoxin can and will be a rather painful death.

16 hours ago, whm1974 said:

it freaking hurts to get hot sauce in eyes

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

It can and read what I just posted.  I know several hot pepper experts and doctors who have said what I have.

Still wouldn't consuming this or eating the meal with this added cause sudden vomiting? I have eaten a stew before that I made way too hot and quickly upchucked it..

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Well, they use pepper flakes to make things like mace.  It's a key part due to the irritation it causes.

Mace isn't Oil of Capsaicin Spray...

32 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I probably should have said pepper spray, not mace, but was using more slang terminology.

Well it is my understanding that Mace doesn't work on Druggies high on whatever, but OC Spray does. This is due to Mace and OC working differently.

You know, I have never had my ass burn due to over-consuming chilies or foods prepared with way to many of them... Say speaking of which, isn't there a brand of Hot Sauce called Ass Burner or something? 

I regularly use Dave's Insanity.  Got some here at the work desk in fact.

For those wanting a kick, try this chip....Ive ate one before, not worth, but worth the story.  It was an epic 45 minute ride of survival.

https://paqui.com/onechipchallenge/

EDIT - yes its an individually wrapped chip in a coffin.  Its not a joke.  Have a pepto-milk-vanilla ice cream shake ready afterwords to coat the gut.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

20 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Those are mostly joke names, but the side effects vary depending on the individual.   Personally, I don't feel a burn from hot peppers and I don't really feel pain either.   I believe it has to do with my developmental disorder.

And which Developmental Disorder is that, if you don't mind me asking? I myself may be on the Spectrum. 

And yes their is a "Ass Burn" hot sauce.