Help with making a decision

Dentash

Good day every one so I am needing a little help making a decision.

My main gaming system was stolen when our home was broken in to so I was trying to do a build on the cheap as every one seems to want way to much for used system here here is what I am stuck on.

I have a Dell Optiplex 7020 that I got for super cheap paid 30.00 for the system it came with Samsung 256Gb SSD and a WD 500Gb SSD 16gb ddr3 and has the i5 4590. I picked up a Geforce 1050ti for the system had todo a small case mod so it would fit but the system was very unstable and would crash once load was put on the gpu so my buddy let me try his 1650 same issue. This morning I went to test the 1030 but it seems the PSU is now 100% dead as the system will no longer power on even with no gpu.

Here is where I am stuck should I pick up a older motherboard case and PSU and reuse the parts I have or try to find another cheap tower maybe mid sized dell 7020 not the SFF or just build a new system and upgrade as I go this is where I am stuck.

Games that I play

World of Tanks

World Of War Ships

War Thunder

World Of War Craft 

Here is the parts I was thinking to start with.

Intel Core i3-10100

MSI H410M-PRO H410

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB

Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-05 Mid-Tower Gaming Case

Antec VP POWER SUPPLY 80 PLUS WHITE VP550 PLUS

Total cost $464.95

Just get a new PSU and make or buy the 24 to 8 pin motherboard adapter if needed.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Just get a new PSU and make or buy the 24 to 8 pin motherboard adapter if needed.

I did think of that but seems I would have to order it from china as no one has any in our area 

Just now, Dentash said:

I did think of that but seems I would have to order it from china as no one has any in our area 

Any ATX PSU should work. Do you have a pic of your case/PC?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

9 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Any ATX PSU should work. Do you have a pic of your case/PC?

Good old dell 6Pin motherboard power

20201018_110252.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dentash said:

Good old dell 6Pin motherboard power

As I said in my original reply, that can easily be adapted. If an ATX PSU will fit into your case, you can adapt the motherboard power connector.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

The psu would have to sit on the side as the case is small but if I could find the molex to adapt a standard psu to that board it would work well

Seems wasteful to build a new computer at this point just buy a new power supply and the adapter or do some googling to see which wires from the 24 pin go to the 6 or 8 pin proprietary header if you can find a diagram and figure out which wires in half an hour you could make your own adapter.

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Best fix came today I picked up a new psu to do the mod for the Dell 7020 SFF but my work tossing out a Dell 7010 that needed a new psu I think this will be the best to work with it is a i7 3770 so not a huge lose from the i5 4590.