Thermaltake Water2.0 Extreme Fail

This is going to be a quick review of my experience.

Everything about the 2.0 looked good on paper and many YouTube reviews said very good things.

However there is a major issue with this product.

(This might only apply to the AMD fitment.)

Issues:

·         You have to remove the standard & perfectly good AMD backplate.

·         Their backplate is made out of plastic containing a lot of regrind, this makes it very soft.

·         When tightening the screws into the back plate the metal lugs are able to rotate in the backplate causing fitment issues.

·         The backplate and whole design of the mounting system can’t put enough presser on the CPU to make any decent contact.

·         The Water block surface itself is not very smooth.

·         Removing the thing requires you to use a pair of pliers to stop the metal lugs in the backplate rotating.

Conclusion:

If they had paid a little more attention to the mounting design this would have been a very good product. Bought the H100i and fitted it yesterday (this used the standard AMD backplate) Temps were 60C Lower on idle and 150C on load.

Now I can get back to my 5Ghz OC J

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

It's an enthusiast-grade product. Just AMD fanboys use AMD platforms in this grade.

It's an enthusiast-grade product. Just AMD fanboys use AMD platforms in this grade.

I understand because its and “enthusiast-grade product” I should be expected to redesign a more appropriate backplate in order to make their product work correctly.

And the fact that I decided to build my first AMD platform in 12 years makes me an “AMD fanboy”

Well thank you for your input...

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

lawl. Come down .. take a seat want some benchmarks?

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Factor in the price of the CPUs. Comparing the 3770K vs. 8350, the intel has 9622, the AMD has 9128. Proving that Intel is a better platform. But, people always want to save money and the intel costs $300 and the AMD only $180. For me, its not worth the extra $120 for the 494 points.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

I mean Rossi, you seem more like a fanboy than the OP. You came in here and were talking about how 'AMD Fanboys' are using their products in this price bracket....well why do they make AMD mounts for these things at all then? If they bother to make one, people expect it to work well, no? Also you need to factor in costs of builds too, I'm in high school, I can't afford a baller intel rig right now, so whats the next best thing? An FX 8350 @4.5Ghz doesn't seem too bad right now.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

It's not about pricing, it's about performance. Such products are for guys who want extreme performance. Performance that AMD can't deliver right now.

I runned a Q9950 till last month, I know pricing is a facter, but if I spend 200$ + on a CPU cooler I rather buy a better CPU.

It's not about pricing, it's about performance. Such products are for guys who want extreme performance. Performance that AMD can't deliver right now.

I runned a Q9950 till last month, I know pricing is a facter, but if I spend 200$ + on a CPU cooler I rather buy a better CPU.

Umm it's $100 right now on newegg with a 30 dollar rebate. And $120 on Amazon. So fairly cheap for a 2x120mm AIO cooler :)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Sorry, pricing is different here :P