critical problem, need help as soon as possible!

Today I went to my tough book, I log on at least every day. But today something happened, I turned it on and it said configuring updates. so I sat there for about 30 minutes watching the screen, when it said it was done it loaded genuine windows 7 professional, the OS I use every day. But when it booted it showed a blue screen saying my PC was out of date and no longer supported, I know it was discontinued but, still. So I then checked the specs of my PC to see if I could upgrade to windows 10, but the requirements are to much for my pc, so I cant upgrade or it could damage my laptop. I need help asap!

IMG_20201016_192641.jpg

IMG_20201016_193147 (1).jpg

IMG_20201016_193210.jpg

Just press Don't Remind Me Again. 

And if the requirements for Windows 10 are over your PC specs, installing Windows 10 isn't going to damage your components. It's just not going to be a great experience. But Windows 10 can run on anything like a Core 2 with just 2GB of RAM. Again, it can run it, might not be as smooth as one would like.  

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Your PC isn't going to stop working, it's just letting you know that Windows 7 is entering the EOL stage of development. You'll still be able to use your PC just fine, but you'll no longer get software updates. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

7 minutes ago, made zos ion said:

I need help asap!

Time to buy either a new laptop/desktop, ensure your Win7 is solidly locked down, or switch to Linux.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

20 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Just press Don't Remind Me Again. 

And if the requirements for Windows 10 are over your PC specs, installing Windows 10 isn't going to damage your components. It's just not going to be a great experience. But Windows 10 can run on anything like a Core 2 with just 2GB of RAM. Again, it can run it, might not be as smooth as one would like.  

oh, thank you for your help. 

but there is one problem, my tough book has 1 gig of ram

I also have a centrino cpu installled

4 minutes ago, made zos ion said:

but there is one problem, my tough book has 1 gig of ram

Ouch, can you get more RAM for it? Probably not worth the cost, buy even ancient laptops support more than 1 gig of RAM

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, made zos ion said:

I could try, do you have any stores I could buy from?

newegg, BUT you'd have to know the exact model of your laptop, and how the RAM is installed before you start spending money

ok, I have 1  stick installed, it uses a weird slot type, the "pins" are weird too

How old is this Thoughbook? It still has the Windows logo on the keyboard from like the 9x to Me days. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, made zos ion said:

windows NT logo 

Throw it away, the cost for the RAM exceeds the value of the laptop

1 minute ago, made zos ion said:

hmm...

What model Toughbook? This will help us help you

CF29

originally running xp 

ok I just checked the specs virtually instead of physically, its still bad but a little better. 1.50 gigabytes  

20 hours ago, made zos ion said:

originally running xp 

https://www.bobjohnson.com/how-to-upgrade-the-ram-in-a-panasonic-toughbook-cf-29/

Looks like only 1 slot that you can access to upgrade the RAM on.

20 hours ago, made zos ion said:

ok I just checked the specs virtually instead of physically, its still bad but a little better. 1.50 gigabytes  

https://www.memorystock.com/memory/PanasonicToughBookCF29.html

It's already maxed out.

Time for a new system.

ram is locked under an aluminum plate with 4 screws

I think I could possibly mod it to have a higher performance, I have the tools and knowledge to mod it, but all I would need would be the parts and I think I could get the parts. 

Just now, made zos ion said:

I could get the parts. 

Nope, RAM is already at max, as per my previous links. That laptop is as good as it's going to get.

Time for a new system

If you want to still get updates and a usable experience try some lightweight linux

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Couldn't he "upgrade" to 8.1 somehow? 

I mean 10 will run like shit on this and you know it... 

Otherwise I prob just wouldn't do anything... 

Also, OP, I'm sure you knew about the EOL of win7 so what was your plan anyway? 

It just seems you're confused by that screen... I mean yeah, this means no more updates, your call, either update, don't update, or get a new laptop (alternatively win 8.1 may be an option tho idk if that's any better) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

although in case is it doesn't work do you have a desktop model that I could buy from newegg?

ok

I was originally planing to switch to Linux, or try windows 10

but both ideas I realized probably wouldn't work, so I didn't know what to do.  

25 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Couldn't he "upgrade" to 8.1 somehow? 

I mean 10 will run like shit on this and you know it... 

Otherwise I prob just wouldn't do anything... 

Also, OP, I'm sure you knew about the EOL of win7 so what was your plan anyway? 

It just seems you're confused by that screen... I mean yeah, this means no more updates, your call, either update, don't update, or get a new laptop (alternatively win 8.1 may be an option tho idk if that's any better) 

I think windows 8 is even more demanding than windows 10

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Not worth putting any money into. Sorry, time for a new computer.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈