Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moonman332

Pc is not performing as expected, what could be the reason?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello everyone, I recently upgraded to a new pc with the following specs:

 

- Ryzen 5 3600 (With stock cooler since im not overclocking)

- RTX 2060 SUPER MSI GAMING X

- 16gb ram 3200mhz hyperx rgb

- Asus TUF b450m PLUS mobo

- samsung 860 EVO m.2 SSD (OS) 

- Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB (For games)

- Gamemax RGB 550w PSU

 

Now my problem is the performance, when I compare my benchmarks to other benchmarks with the same specs but different companies, I am slightly lower than them, for example someone gets 110 fps with this rig and im getting 90, also let's not forget that this is in 1080p.

 

Temps:

- CPU: 68-70c in-game / 40-48c in desktop

- GPU 65c in-game / 40c in desktop

 

Usage in-game:

- GPU: 98-100%

- CPU: 25-40% (I noticed in Squad my usage was 25%)

 

What could be the reason for all of this? I tried a fresh reinstall for windows, could it be a faulty component? Perhaps my HDD? This harddrive is 4 years old btw.

 

User benchmark link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/34218691

Link to post
Share on other sites

i highly doubt it's the hdd. i have an 11 year old drive in my rig (i'm not stupid it only has games on it calm down) and it works fine for just loading games. 

 

did you check that everything runs at the proper clock speed? 


Phone: iPhone 6s | 64GB iOS

Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro | Core i5 3210M | 16GB RAM500GB SSD | macOS

PC: Intel S5520HC | 2x Xeon E5620 | RX 4608GB RAM500GB SSD | Bitfenix Whisper 850W | Ubuntu 20.10

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Ashley xD said:

i highly doubt it's the hdd. i have an 11 year old drive in my rig (i'm not stupid it only has games on it calm down) and it works fine for just loading games. 

 

did you check that everything runs at the proper clock speed? 

GPU clock speed is at 1950 in game, not sure about other components since I don't know how to check their clock speed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, moonman332 said:

not sure about other components since I don't know how to check their clock speed.

task manager, performance tab. 


Phone: iPhone 6s | 64GB iOS

Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro | Core i5 3210M | 16GB RAM500GB SSD | macOS

PC: Intel S5520HC | 2x Xeon E5620 | RX 4608GB RAM500GB SSD | Bitfenix Whisper 850W | Ubuntu 20.10

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't expect the HDD to be at fault. Does crystal disk still say it's good?

 

Did you enable XMP in the bios?

Keep in mind that others might have overclocked their cpu and gpu before running the benchmarks. And that your gpu might not boost as high. You can use Afterburner to see if you're running into voltage/power limits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Ashley xD said:

task manager, performance tab. 

Then yes everything looks normal to me, CPU is 3.9ghz in desktop and around 4 ghz - 4.1 ghz in-game

 

Ram is running at 3200mhz too, so it looks normal.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Fancyland said:

I wouldn't expect the HDD to be at fault. Does crystal disk still say it's good?

 

Did you enable XMP in the bios?

Keep in mind that others might have overclocked their cpu and gpu before running the benchmarks. And that your gpu might not boost as high. You can use Afterburner to see if you're running into voltage/power limits.

I downloaded crystal disk but im not sure how to use it, yes I enabled XMP, except it's called something else since im on amd.

 

I also don't think 20-30 FPS increase is possible from overclock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moonman332 said:

I downloaded crystal disk but im not sure how to use it, yes I enabled XMP, except it's called something else since im on amd.

 

I also don't think 20-30 FPS increase is possible from overclock.

Crystal disk should run it's test when you start it. Select your drive in the top. Health status should be "Good". You can also see the power On Hours and count to see how many hours your 4y/o drive has been running. Not that it really matters.

 

I personally don't have experience with userbenchmark.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, moonman332 said:

when I compare my benchmarks to other benchmarks with the same specs but different companies, I am slightly lower than them, for example someone gets 110 fps with this rig and im getting 90, also let's not forget that this is in 1080p.

There is your problem right there.

 

Every system is different and if all settings look OK (XMP and boost clocks etc) and you are getting more FPS than you need then all is fine.

 

You are likely worrying over nothing here.


i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, NineEyeRon said:

There is your problem right there.

 

Every system is different and if all settings look OK (XMP and boost clocks etc) and you are getting more FPS than you need then all is fine.

 

You are likely worrying over nothing here.

I don't really care about how many fps I need, I care about how many fps this rig can get up to, i'm more of a "the more the better" guy, so when I see a 20-30 fps difference in games like resident evil 3, or 10-20 fps difference in hitman 2 compared to another rig with the same specs, it doesn't make sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, Fancyland said:

Crystal disk should run it's test when you start it. Select your drive in the top. Health status should be "Good". You can also see the power On Hours and count to see how many hours your 4y/o drive has been running. Not that it really matters.

 

I personally don't have experience with userbenchmark.

I did the test and it looks green.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you see the cpu clock speed and gpu speeds of the person running 100fps?

I know you can in 3Dmark but it might be hidden away.

Link to post
Share on other sites

-> Moved to PC Gaming


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, Fancyland said:

Can you see the cpu clock speed and gpu speeds of the person running 100fps?

I know you can in 3Dmark but it might be hidden away.

I can't see the cpu clock speed but the gpu speed is at 1900mhz, i also noticed sometimes in some locations in the game (hitman 2) i would get the same fps but when i walk into a room full with people at the exact same time he does, his fps is higher than mine by 20-30, he also has the same ram speed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×