Hp Elite 8300 Ultra-Slim 4 beep error, power supply?

Cronus97
 I have 5 HP Elite 8300 ultra slim's that all have the same error,  as soom as the power button is pressed it beeps 4 times and flashes red 4 times.

Any help?

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Compaq-Elite-Pro/Hp-Elite-8300-Ultra-Slim-4-beep-error-power-supply/m-p/6406526#M97483
A link to my HP forum post

My rig: Case: Cooler master storm scout

CPU: I5 3570k - Ram:  8Gb Kingston HyperX Blu

GPU: GTX 660 - Sorage: 2-1TB WD black;  120 GB samsung 840

maybe is the bios battery but i'm just hoping   

Thanks but ive tried that.

They've many bios beep codes in hp since their use ami bios and their own bios: own HP bios for 4 beeps: flashing failed; AMIBIOS: Fatal errors on critical components

I think in amibios when there was 4 beeps it was the mb...

Im thinking of calling in their warranty, i have 23 of gthese things and EVERY one of them has the same issue.  Damn HP, making me earn my paycheck xD

Since you have 5... is there any chance that you have one more that works where you could steal the power supply from it to test with?

You could also try flip flopping ram sticks around a bit.

Were they working at one point, or purchased used and broken?

I honestly have no idea, sorry.

If you have no idea, why the hell did you post? Did you somehow think posting that you don't know would help? Because it honestly doesn't.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

5 beeps (amibios) means CPU error and in HP BIOS means Bios recovered successfuly :P

since I'd a HP mb with a recovery jumper, i'd look for that

I usually start off diagnostics with power supply and RAM, because codes aside... those two are the problem at least 50% of the time. Maybe the DC/DC converter isn't outputting the right voltage for one of the legs and the CPU is throwing the error because of the voltage it is getting.

The company I work for buys the stock from stores that close or go through a disaster.  These came from an insurance company that was trying to slim their margin down.  If you watch the video or look at the picture you will see that everything is integrated.  So their isn't a PSU i can test other than the power brick (which ive tested multiple from diffrent companies and diffrent comps) 

The company i work for buys the stock from stores that close or go through a disaster.  These came from an insurance company that was trying to slim their margin down.  If you watch the video or look at the picture you will see that everything is integrated.  so their isn't a PSU i can test other than the power brick (which ive tested multiple from diffrent companies and diffrent comps) 

The funny thing is,  every single computer is still in their manufacturor warranty.

Hello Todd,

Thank you for contacting HP Desktop Support.

This email is in response to the issue submitted by you regarding your HP 8300 USDT  PC. We would like to inform you that this case bears the ID: 1234567890.

I understand that the system board is defective on this PC.

I appreciate for taking time in performing the troubleshooting steps. And I’ll try my best to assist you to resolve this issue.

An onsite service event has been setup to replace the part(S) at the location specified in the equipment address field. You will be contacted by the next business day to schedule the onsite event.

If you do not hear from the technician by the following business day, feel free to contact our Status Team by calling 800- 477-6222 opt 4, 1.

Please note that the onsite technician will need to take back the defective part(S) immediately upon the conclusion of the service event.

Please do not reply to this email. Instead, use Support Case Manager (SCM) to update the case using the link mentioned below:

http://www.hp.com/go/hpsc

The company I work for buys the stock from stores that close or go through a disaster.  These came from an insurance company that was trying to slim their margin down.  If you watch the video or look at the picture you will see that everything is integrated.  So their isn't a PSU i can test other than the power brick (which ive tested multiple from diffrent companies and diffrent comps) 

Yeah, the power brick is what I was talking about, it will likely provide 12v or 19v, then inside of the computer there will be a DC to DC converter that will step it down to 12v/5v/3.3v. I'd start with measuring all of those voltages, a sata plug will have all of them, but since it looks like HP is taking care of you I wouldn't worry about it.

HP will just replace a few major components at a time until the issue is fixed, sounds like they are starting with the motherboard... it will pretty much end up with you have a 23 brand new computers when all is said an done. I had a bad front audio jack on one of mine and they replaced the front daughterboard, motherboard, and CPU all at once so that they would be sure to fix the issue lol.

Buying pre-builts may seem expensive for what you are getting, but the second there is something wrong it makes up for a lot of it, especially with HP, I've had nothing but amazing service from them.

Yeah, the power brick is what I was talking about, it will likely provide 12v or 19v, then inside of the computer there will be a DC to DC converter that will step it down to 12v/5v/3.3v. I'd start with measuring all of those voltages, a sata plug will have all of them, but since it looks like HP is taking care of you I wouldn't worry about it.

HP will just replace a few major components at a time until the issue is fixed, sounds like they are starting with the motherboard... it will pretty much end up with you have a 23 brand new computers when all is said an done. I had a bad front audio jack on one of mine and they replaced the front daughterboard, motherboard, and CPU all at once so that they would be sure to fix the issue lol.

Buying pre-builts may seem expensive for what you are getting, but the second there is something wrong it makes up for a lot of it, especially with HP, I've had nothing but amazing service from them.

Appreciate the replies, ill update when I meet the tech their sending.

I've got 350 of the slim version at work and they work like a charm. I remember the dell optiplex gx270 from the old days.... that was a piece of garbage

I've got 350 of the slim version at work and they work like a charm. I remember the dell optiplex gx270 from the old days.... that was a piece of garbage

Where do you work,  HP tech was suppose to come out today but he was a no-show.  Calling HP in an hour or so to follow up on the status