Two Asus VG24QE

PainKiller89

I have two Gtx 770's in sli. I just got done setting up dual monitors they are both connected via dual link dvi cable to one GTX 770. They both have the same ICC profile. Same settings. Also running in lightboost at 120HZ. But for some reason second monitor has better brightness and color for some weird reason. Someone please suggest.

Why would anyone EVER buy 2 TN 120hz panels, I understand one for games, but two? Thats just not wise.

Try to return the shitty one.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Why would anyone EVER buy 2 TN 120hz panels, I understand one for games, but two? Thats just not wise.

Its too late lol, but those both are 144hz monitors. I still dont understand why there would be a brightness and color change.

I have two Gtx 770's in sli. I just got done setting up dual monitors they are both connected via dual link dvi cable to one GTX 770. They both have the same ICC profile. Same settings. Also running in lightboost at 120HZ. But for some reason second monitor has better brightness and color for some weird reason. Someone please suggest.

It sounds like Lightboost is not properly enabled on the second monitor and it might be broken. I recommend you disable lightboost on both and see how they compare to each other then.

Well some people prefer frames over color...

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

It sounds like Lightboost is not properly enabled on the second monitor and it might be broken. I recommend you disable lightboost on both and see how they compare to each other then.

Well but what do you do with two? One I understand you play games on one. What about 2nd one? You watch 30fps youtube on it?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Will Do, Thanks for your help. I think with lightboost off it didnt make a change. Will take a look again.

Well but what do you do with two? One I understand you play games on one. What about 2nd one? You watch 30fps youtube on it?

Lol, I plan on doing Nvidia 3D Surround soon.

Lol, I plan on doing Nvidia 3D Surround soon.

How often do you plan to play in 3D?

Spoiler

Will Do, Thanks for your help. I think with lightboost off it didnt make a change. Will take a look again.

Lightboost makes the picture look darker and less colorful so maybe the second one is not being enabled. Are you using the ToastyX tool to enable it?

Lack of surround support really. I could also understand doing it so you dont have to deal with the jagged mouse movement of 60hz(in windows I mean).

Lack of surround support really. I could also understand doing it so you dont have to deal with the jagged mouse movement of 60hz(in windows I mean).

My mouse blurs when moving on 60Hz

Spoiler

My mouse blurs when moving on 60Hz

To people used to 60hz sure. But I have gone back and forth a lot on the past few months and after using the higher refresh rate, the low one seemed awful. I do think that it if you are used to 60hz it is perfectly smooth for you but not for people who are used to 120.

To people used to 60hz sure. But I have gone back and forth a lot on the past few months and after using the higher refresh rate, the low one seemed awful. I do think that it if you are used to 60hz it is perfectly smooth for you but not for people who are used to 120.

Well. Maybe, but you shouldn't be looking too much at your mouse anyway, atleast I go by feel and then just adjust...

Spoiler

Well. Maybe, but you shouldn't be looking too much at your mouse anyway, atleast I go by feel and then just adjust...

What? I am not sure what you mean by that? I look at the screen when moving the mouse.

What? I am not sure what you mean by that? I look at the screen when moving the mouse.

Sure, but you don't follow it so...

Spoiler

Lightboost makes the picture look darker and less colorful so maybe the second one is not being enabled. Are you using the ToastyX tool to enable it?

Yes, I am using Toastyx Strobelight tool.

Yes, I am using Toastyx Strobelight tool.

Make sure it detects both monitors. And make sure it is activating both monitors on startup.

Are you getting performance problems on the second one? Some examples of that is if you run a video on the secondary monitor that the primary one moving a window about you can see them jumping about? Maybe there is a bit of mouse latency generally on the second monitor? I also find selecting text in chrome has more latency in the second monitor than the first. All just basic windows functions but I am keen to know if you have these problems as well.

Colour quality might be due to ICC settings, its worth checking calibration if you have done one or used a downloaded ICC on one monitor and not the other.

Are you getting performance problems on the second one? Some examples of that is if you run a video on the secondary monitor that the primary one moving a window about you can see them jumping about? Maybe there is a bit of mouse latency generally on the second monitor? I also find selecting text in chrome has more latency in the second monitor than the first. All just basic windows functions but I am keen to know if you have these problems as well.

Colour quality might be due to ICC settings, its worth checking calibration if you have done one or used a downloaded ICC on one monitor and not the other.

Both have the exact same ICC profile. I havent noticed any latency problems though i am on Windows 8.1 though.