Bought a 1920x1080 1080p hd television but only does 1024x768 resolution?

nelska

I bought a 1920x1080 resolution tv to match my monitor with the same resolution. they both CAN DO that resolution at 60hz but on nvidia list of resolutions thats under HD not PC. Under pc the tv can only do 1024x768.. I heard this has something to do with the pixels being rectangular or something? Any idea as to why it wants to scale back the resolution to 4:3 even tho its a 1920x1080 1080p tv?

EDIT: here's a photo the left ones a gaming monitor the rights a vizio tv. same resolution screen size. different pc resolutions. https://imgur.com/a/VTU6cdn

5 minutes ago, nelska said:

I bought a 1920x1080 resolution tv to match my monitor with the same resolution. they both CAN DO that resolution at 60hz but on nvidia list of resolutions thats under HD not PC. Under pc the tv can only do 1024x768.. I heard this has something to do with the pixels being rectangular or something? Any idea as to why it wants to scale back the resolution to 4:3 even tho its a 1920x1080 1080p tv?

EDIT: here's a photo the left ones a gaming monitor the rights a vizio tv. same resolution screen size. different pc resolutions. https://imgur.com/a/VTU6cdn

Just select the option listed under HD. There's no difference. It's organized into HD or PC based on the timing standard listed in the EDID, which is technical information that doesn't affect the actual image.

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

Just select the option listed under HD. There's no difference. It's organized into HD or PC based on the timing standard listed in the EDID, which is technical information that doesn't affect the actual image.

I thought it had something to do with refresh rate. It will do 1920x1080 but at 60hz... at 1024x768 it can do 75hz. and the pictures a lil nicer. Almost wish I woulda just bought an identical monitor instead to match. haha lol. bad plans but whatever. thanks!

3 hours ago, nelska said:

I thought it had something to do with refresh rate. It will do 1920x1080 but at 60hz... at 1024x768 it can do 75hz. and the pictures a lil nicer. Almost wish I woulda just bought an identical monitor instead to match. haha lol. bad plans but whatever. thanks!

Most 60 Hz monitors will do 75 Hz at lower resolutions for legacy compatibility. To fix the image quality at 1080p make sure the output dynamic range is set to full.

Spoiler

aEnlBkH.png

On 10/14/2020 at 12:42 AM, Glenwing said:

Most 60 Hz monitors will do 75 Hz at lower resolutions for legacy compatibility. To fix the image quality at 1080p make sure the output dynamic range is set to full.

Reveal hidden contents

aEnlBkH.png

I decided to remove the second monitor. lol. one at 240hz and the other at 75hz was wonky as fuck.

Just now, nelska said:

I decided to remove the second monitor. lol. one at 240hz and the other at 75hz was wonky as fork.