HELP Please !! ANYONE, EVERYONE ?

Hello everyone, 

My name is Mark I live in Ottawa, On, Canada. 

I'm trying to build my son the crazziest computer ever... I'll post spec's in a sec. But I have some major problems... spec's first...

He's using...

AMD 1st Gen Threadripper 1920X 12 core

Enermax LT2 240 liquid cooler for the cpu

Gigabyte x399 Designare

64 gb ram (4 x 16)

2 Titan XP Collectors Editions (Galactic Empire's) 

(2) 1TB 970 EVO PLUS in raid 0

some no name striker case... 

I'm upgrading him to...

AMD 3rd Gen Threadripper 24 core

Enermax LT2 360 Liquid cooler for the cpu

Gigabyte designare motherboard

128gb ram (4x32gb) so its not clocked down

4 Titan XP Collectors Editions (all Galactic Empire) for the main screen LG ultra gear 38" 175hz

Msi Seahawk X 1080 for his other 3 monitors

Corsair 1000D Super tower

Thermaltake 1500w PS

(waiting for my NVME drive to be released-either XPG S70 or Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus.)

I've been saving and finding deals for my sons new computer for almost a year. I want to get it done by Christmas.

Now my first BIG problem is how to liquid cool 4 titan xp's without going to a full water setup, I'd like to use Alphacool Eiswolf 120 GPX Pro to cool them because a G12 and a NZxt G73 is too wide to fix in between the cards.

OR I can go for a FULL liquid cooling set up... So my question is, DO you know of a AIO liquid cooler that has a 360 rad that can fit on 4 titan xp's so I can SLI them...

AND can you put 4 360 rad's in a Corsair 1000D case (horizontally, I don't care about closing the case) What I need to know is will they fit 2/3's of them on the slide out tray ?

Also, can I hook up a second power supply to my computer if I dont have enough juice with my 1500W Thermaltake ? Can I power just the cpu and my 5th video card ?

AND YES WE'RE HARDCORE GAMERS ....

My goal is to get World of Warcraft running at 144 FPS @ almost 8k res (7680x3200) FOR THE ALLIANCE !!

Any help would be great ty !!

Is this a serious post?

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

2 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

Should I post somewhere else ?

this is the right forum, 

alot of people get sketched out by first time posting members who are asking for advice on a $10k+ system. typically when people are spending that much AND are looking to build it themselves they have more experience with PCs. 

there's a few things you will want to change if you are looking for WoW 8k 144hz

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

20 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

I'm trying to build my son the crazziest computer ever

some no name striker case... 

4 Titan XP Collectors Editions (all Galactic Empire) for the main screen LG ultra gear 38" 175hz

how to liquid cool 4 titan xp's without going to a full water setup

can you put 4 360 rad's in a Corsair 1000D

I don't care about closing the case

ALL of this leads even me to believe this is a troll post. so very many things here which show a lack of high end computer knowledge and point to not a legit question but a bored pre-pubescent who wants to waste people's time. 

also if you are legit in building this you absolutely should be contacting EKWB directly as they will be better suited to helping you with quotes.

1 minute ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

this is the right forum, 

alot of people get sketched out by first time posting members who are asking for advice on a $10k+ system. typically when people are spending that much AND are looking to build it themselves they have more experience with PCs. 

there's a few things you will want to change if you are looking for WoW 8k 144hz

Thank you sir for your advice.

I have quite a bit of xp with computers but this is something that is not standard, Canada Computers wont even build it for my, I had to find a guy on KIJIJI. 

I'm on a limited budget (believe it or not) I've saved almost every penny this year to afford this monster.. (I'll post pics of the boxes soon as I have them all together)

I've been playing WOW for over 14 years and with every expansion I've got a new PC. This one is for my son... So he can enjoy WOW too :)

I've been playing WOW in LIVE right now and running @ almost 8k @ 60 fps with the above system(amd 1920x) I should be able to hit 144 with the new pc... we'll see ❤️

2 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

ALL of this leads even me to believe this is a troll post. so very many things here which show a lack of high end computer knowledge and point to not a legit question but a bored pre-pubescent who wants to waste people's time. 

Seriously man?? Are u really gonna make me take some pics to get you guys to answer some questions ?

Am I aloud to swear in here ?

link me the rules plz :P

Canada Computers wont even build it for my

they are not equipped to handle builds over around $5-6k as clients above that will be going to Peuget systems or similar system integrators who can handle and insure the hardware going into the high$ builds

5 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

also if you are legit in building this you absolutely should be contacting EKWB directly as they will be better suited to helping you with quotes.

I dont want to go open loop.. if possible... I have several closed loops that have worked forever and never had a problem...

Here is a pic of speccy on his old pc.. 

NOW before I reply to any more smart ass comments about my build... I'll start gathering the boxes I have for his new pc... just to STFU the morons who wanna try and troll me.

How's about a few (wow nice build plans comments???)

121067136_653563535592841_6319771365326669726_n.jpg

How much does all of this hardware even cost? How is old is your son BTW? Why not build a lower cost and better for gaming 6 or 8 core rig with 32 GB and a single dGPU? Oh and a 2GB SATA SSD?

That will run and run well any game your son throws at it...

2 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

How is old is your son BTW?

Probably the most important question. Even a billionaire shouldn't get his son a $10,000 PC, when the 3090 and ryzen 9 5950X will already make it the best performance gaming PC currently possible.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

How much does all of this hardware even cost? How is old is your son BTW? Why not build a lower cost and better for gaming 6 or 8 core rig with 32 GB and a single dGPU? Oh and a 2GB SATA SSD?

That will run and run well any game your son throws at it...

Total retail is over $20k but I saved a bunch finding things on Kijiji :)

The age of my son is not relevant.

The Goal is to run WOW in almost 8k at 144hz, as well as running several other things... 

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Probably the most important question. Even a billionaire shouldn't get his son a $10,000 PC, when the 3090 and ryzen 9 5950X will already make it the best performance gaming PC currently possible.

Well I didn't have $1000's all at once I bought each piece at different times.... I'd put 4 liquid cooled titan xp's to a test over a 3090... I also run a dimmdrive which is why I wanted quad channel ram...

11 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

Well I didn't have $1000's all at once I bought each piece at different times.... I'd put 4 liquid cooled titan xp's to a test over a 3090... I also run a dimmdrive which is why I wanted quad channel ram...

A 3090 + 3950x would be a better move if you actually care about gaming. No more of this titan xp stuff, those are outdated.

If you're really feeling ballsy get an sli 3090 setup.

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

12 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

Total retail is over $20k but I saved a bunch finding things on Kijiji :)

The age of my son is not relevant.

The Goal is to run WOW in almost 8k at 144hz, as well as running several other things... 

Does WOW even support 8k@144hz? Are there such displays? I can of better things then spend $20,000 on a single computer...

12 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

What is wrong with a PCIe x4 SSD?

1 minute ago, jtmoseley said:

A 3090 + 3950x would be a better move if you actually care about gaming. No more of this titan xp stuff, those are outdated.

If you're really feeling ballsy get an sli 3090 setup.

LOL outdated, well maybe one... but 2 in SLI is amazing for the games we're playing 4 in SLI will be even better...

also 3090's use NVLink not SLI and that would be $5000+

I got my 3rd titan xp on ebay for $700 and  last one on kijiji for $650 which is within my budget. 

AND 3950x doesnt have quad channel mem only duel...

1 minute ago, whm1974 said:

Does WOW even support 8k@144hz? Are there such displays? I can of better things then spend $20,000 on a single computer...

What is wrong with a PCIe x4 SSD?

That is a great question... It all depends on the game... for example skyrim on a dimmdrive is amazing (there are no loading screens) but in World of Warcraft I dont see much improvement.... In the remake of Master's of Orion my game on a huge huge huge map was unplayable without the DIMMDRIVE... again it all depends on the game not sure why... I'm sure someone more educated could explain... Dimmdrive is on steam for like $20 its super easy to use and works like a charm.

That is a great question... It all depends on the game... for example skyrim on a dimmdrive is amazing (there are no loading screens) but in World of Warcraft I dont see much improvement.... In the remake of Master's of Orion my game on a huge huge huge map was unplayable without the DIMMDRIVE... again it all depends on the game not sure why... I'm sure someone more educated could explain... Dimmdrive is on steam for like $20 its super easy to use and works like a charm.

8k 144hz monitors do not exist yet though

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Maybe he's a CEO at a sucessful company, a youtuber, or someone who simply doesn't know where to spend, what, 20 grand? You really never know.

In other words... A person with way more money then sense...

1 hour ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

AMD 3rd Gen Threadripper 24 core

Enermax LT2 360 Liquid cooler for the cpu

Gigabyte designare motherboard

128gb ram (4x32gb) so its not clocked down

Corsair 1000D Super tower

Thermaltake 1500w PS

(waiting for my NVME drive to be released-either XPG S70 or Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus.)

okay, let's start by fixing some of this build, 

- WoW is CPU ghz limited and not very well optimized for threads so the TR3960X will not be great for that use case.

https://rk.edu.pl/en/analyzing-world-warcraft-multi-core-scaling/

after 6 cores the CPU utilization flatlines so find a high clockspeed CPU (typically Xeon) to gain more fps

- TRX40 Designare has 4 of the 16x pcie slots so your 5 gpu (4x titan and a 1080) setup will not fit. Great motherboard, no space for more than 4 cards. 

- 4x32GB kit will be larger but slower than a higher speed 64gb set so go with 2 sets of corsair vengeance 2x16gb 5000mhz RAM with the cooling fan for each. 

- 4 titan XP will not scale into WoW, a pair of Titan RTX will be around the same price and net you much much higher gains, a pair of 2080ti's will have a higher uplift compared to another 4x titans 

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Titan-Xp-vs-Nvidia-RTX-2080-Ti/m265423vs4027

- best option is a pair of 3090s in Nvlink for approximately 2x gains over 4x titan XPs even at 8k

- 1500W psu is plenty based on the hardware you want will not be maxed at all.

- SSD as an add-in card Raid-0 will outrun any pci-e gen4 ssd, ideally an Asus Hyper M.2 with 4x Samsung 970 evo plus's

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor $629.99 @ B&H
CPU Cooler Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $189.99 @ Best Buy
Motherboard MSI MEG Z490 GODLIKE EATX LGA1200 Motherboard $719.99 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-4133 CL19 Memory $509.99 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-4133 CL19 Memory $509.99 @ Amazon
Storage Intel Optane 905P Series 960 GB PCI-E NVME Solid State Drive $1312.36 @ Walmart
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $349.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $349.99 @ Amazon
Video Card EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card (2-Way SLI) $1799.00
Video Card EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card (2-Way SLI) $1799.00
Case Corsair 1000D ATX Full Tower Case $534.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB Titanium 1500 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $418.98 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit $139.88 @ Other World Computing
Case Fan Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB Pro 52 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack $79.99 @ Best Buy
Case Fan Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB Pro 52 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack $79.99 @ Best Buy
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $10124.10
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-11 20:51 EDT-0400  

this is a more fps optimized build so you still have a monster system but it will absolutely run circles around a quad titan xp rig

the SSDs are a this or that, either an optane drive for latency gains over NVME or the 4x 2tb nvme in an add-in card for high speed but latency will take a hit, huge space though. 

Just now, jtmoseley said:

8k 144hz monitors do not exist yet though

Sorry to be clear I'm using an LG ultra gear 38" 3840x1600 in World of Warcraft you can increase the res by 200% which brings it to "close to" 8k 7860x3200

note. u can also see that i'm running 70 FPS with just 2 titan xp's

res wow.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

Sorry to be clear I'm using an LG ultra gear 38" 3840x1600 in World of Warcraft you can increase the res by 200% which brings it to "close to" 8k 7860x3200

res wow.jpg

Resolution scale doesn't make it look like 8k. Especially on a less than 4k monitor. 3840x2160 is 4k, you have 3840x1600. Resolution scale is a dumb way to make games look better. It really doesn't do much aside from tanking performance.

You'd be better off getting a 3090 and running it in real 8k on a real 8k monitor.

7 minutes ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

SNIP

This is downscaling which can be good, makes the image abit sharper but you might not notice, however the reason many people are recommending two cards max, is because SLI support for 4 cards is almost unheard of, back when 4 in sli existed and some people would run it, it wouldnt even give any sizable benefit, much less now, when 2 cards running sli for games are very rare because more card usually meant more screen tearing

so persons are just trying to save you the expense, unless you dont really care about wasting the money for maybe a few frames, then sure go ahead 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

1 hour ago, Mark MacDiarmid said:

Seriously man?? Are u really gonna make me take some pics to get you guys to answer some questions ?

Am I aloud to swear in here ?

link me the rules plz :P