Corsair K40

Nice!

...I was about to get ready for sleep, guess not yet...

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

audio seemed a bit loud 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I'm happy i bought a K70 instead. :)

Instead of a K30...

Great video, been waiting for it.

Is this keyboard something worth buying to use until the Corsair RGB?

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Ok, I swear I heard a child yelling in the background around 40 seconds. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1i3ddl4

Amazon: http://georiot.co/2nFe

My unboxing and review of Corsair's K40 RGB backlit gaming keyboard is here. It's a fairly. It's a competitive product in the market, and Corsair's software drivers have come a long way.

NO advertising here!! :P

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

Honestly a little disappointed in the review.

I'm not personally a fan of mechanical keyboards, and I like to see that membrane options are still out there.  I don't think membrane is the future, but I dislike the mechanical option more.  I'm glad Corsair put this on the market and I'm actually considering buying the product.  I was hoping for a more focused video on it, but to me it seemed to be a whole lot of "well this... BUT WHERE'S THE MECHANICAL. and this... BUT WHERE'S THE MECHANICAL" which is a bit annoying to someone who's not interested in mechanical.  I guess I am a minority here, but I'd still like to get a serious review where something is actually said about the product that isn't just the lack of mechanical switches.

I do understand that more was said than just "but mechanical," but it was very focused on the fact that it is membrane.

Honestly a little disappointed in the review.

I'm not personally a fan of mechanical keyboards, and I like to see that membrane options are still out there.  I don't think membrane is the future, but I dislike the mechanical option more.  I'm glad Corsair put this on the market and I'm actually considering buying the product.  I was hoping for a more focused video on it, but to me it seemed to be a whole lot of "well this... BUT WHERE'S THE MECHANICAL. and this... BUT WHERE'S THE MECHANICAL" which is a bit annoying to someone who's not interested in mechanical.  I guess I am a minority here, but I'd still like to get a serious review where something is actually said about the product that isn't just the lack of mechanical switches.

I do understand that more was said than just "but mechanical," but it was very focused on the fact that it is membrane.

He used it for a week, gave his opinion on it while being a mech board user, and still said it was OK. Just not what he thinks Corsair should be aiming at for that price/the quality seemed to lack to an extent.

I'd have to agree with him, honestly. It doesn't look particularly modern or appealing, and the backlighting is terrible. What else did you want besides his opinion? One thing I thought I noticed and then saw for sure when the keyboard was at the right angle was that the keys are open, not surrounded by a plastic border or whatever as most keyboards are. I'd like to see more of that unless it's the full illumination type of backlit keyboard (inbetween-key LEDs). Probably easy as hell to clean, and probably more spill-proof..

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1i3ddl4

Amazon: http://georiot.co/2nFe

My unboxing and review of Corsair's K40 RGB backlit gaming keyboard is here. It's a fairly. It's a competitive product in the market, and Corsair's software drivers have come a long way.

"It's a fairly. It's a competitive product in the market," Yes Linus, just, yes :P

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

image.png

We all feel your pain, Linus.

The price is a joke. :D

50 bucks okay, but not 80! Maybe 60, because it has all the bells and whistles except mechanical switches.

Also: give Linus' a boner

who cares...

Better off with a CM Storm Quick Fire mechanical keyboard for a few bucks more.

You always get me more excited for products I don't need than I should^^ keep up the nice vids, I would like to see better color quality though

LinusTech Needs MX RGB Corsair

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

linus, i gotta say that was a great review.

you were very fair in your review, and you gave the product a chance and actually used it, instead of just going "membrane? youre kidding me corsair..."

anyway, loved the review, you handled it very well, it really shows how much you've grown as a reviewer

and to corsair...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Hypnoboard ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)