Who Even Chairs - Razer Announces Gaming Chair

jiyeon

Razer has announced its own gaming chair, dubbed the 'Iskur', which aims to compete against the likes of Logitech's own Herman Miller collaboration, the Herman Miller x Logitech Embody gaming chair, as well as your usual candidates for gaming chairs such as Maxnomic and Need For Seat.

768x500-iskur-mobile-panel4-highdensityfoam.jpg

Razer claims that the Iskur is an ergonomic gaming chair 'designed for posture-perfect gaming', with a notably large lumbar support which has a distinct texture that resembles snake skin, for the Razer aesthetic.

Keep the competition in your kill zone, as you enter your comfort zone with the Razer Iskur—an ergonomic gaming chair designed for posture-perfect hardcore gaming. When it comes to maintaining top form, we’ve always got your back.

Unlike most gaming chairs which have lumbar pillows that shift over time or fixed supports that can’t be adjusted, the Razer Iskur provides total lower back support with a built-in, fully adjustable lumbar curve that closely aligns to your spine—ensuring ideal gaming posture for maximum comfort in gaming marathons.

Additional bells and whistles to attempt to upsell this unholy stale product are the 4D armrests, high-density foam cushions, and a memory foam head cushion. Not very exciting when the most basic ergonomic chairs should have these features in some capacity already. Razer's marketing team should be getting raises.

Enjoy fully customizable positioning with armrests that can be adjusted up and down, forwards and backwards, left and right, and rotated inwards or outwards.

For the perfect balance of support and comfort, the Razer Iskur has plush, dense cushions which provide better contouring, allowing your weight to apply just enough pressure as they mold to support your unique body shape.

Enjoy fully customizable positioning with armrests that can be adjusted up and down, forwards and backwards, left and right, and rotated inwards or outwards.

The Iskur will retail at an eye-watering $500 through Razer's website, which if you ask me, is an insanely-high markup for a chair that looks the part, with a whole lot of marketing spew accompanied with it, although not ridiculous when compared to Logitech x Herman Miller's offering in the Embody gaming chair at near-enough $1500. That being said, the latter chair that was mentioned, while being 3x the cost of the Iskur, I would vouch to protect your posture more than Razer's attempt at sucking money out of gamer pockets.

Source: Razer

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I'm sure the chair is rebranded from one of the few manufacturers that actually makes them. Just wondering which one.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Sigh.

Someone out there is about to use their Razer credit card to buy one.

razer_light_up_card.0.png

Just now, Den-Fi said:

Someone out there is about to use their Razer credit card to buy one.

And speak through their Razer mask while ordering:

Razer-Face-Mask.jpg

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Would have thought they would have been first to the gaming chair meme. I guess green piping really takes that long.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Razer, maybe finish one thing first? What happened to the Tomahawk case from late 2018/early 2019? I know the website was updated some time in July iirc. 

BTT: looks like any other gaming chair - I was hoping for something more unique. And no RGB? Gonna get the ROG Cchair for just 200€ more then I guess. /s

edit: I just checked for fun and apparently Razer unveiled two Tomahawk cases just a couple of hours go. ATX and ITX. Unfortunately they too are not as innovative and gamechanging as I hoped. Looks a lot like NZXT cases with added cable management compartment or cover, swivel doors and Chroma. 

Pft, another rAciNg type of chair, garbage. I expected some 2k Herman Miller Embody from them hah. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

11 hours ago, sowon said:

Razer claims that the Iskur is an ergonomic gaming chair 'designed for posture-perfect gaming

Uses a picture of a guy with a terrible posture 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Arika S said:

Uses a picture of a guy with a terrible posture 

I wish my posture was that good

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

13 hours ago, Energycore said:

I'm sure the chair is rebranded from one of the few manufacturers that actually makes them. Just wondering which one.

Its a secretlabs chair by the looks of it. Like 100% thats just a secret labs chair with a fancy big lumbar pillow.

This is hopefully just for marketing at esports and twitch streams. 

There can be no reason to waste 500$ on a junk rebranding of an uncomfortable "gaming" chair. You can get a proper office chair with adjustable everything for that, or a real racing seat if you want that look 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

That looks so uncomfortable. Seriously, guys, I know it's expensive, but Herman Miller and Steelcase really are the way to go.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

wheels will start separating from the chair after the second year of purchase 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Same old rebranded grap.

Get a Steelcase, or Herman Miller, and be done for life.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

On 10/10/2020 at 3:52 PM, sowon said:

The Iskur will retail at an eye-watering $500 through Razer's website, which if you ask me, is an insanely-high markup for a chair that looks the part, with a whole lot of marketing spew accompanied with it, although not ridiculous when compared to Logitech x Herman Miller's offering in the Embody gaming chair at near-enough $1500. That being said, the latter chair that was mentioned, while being 3x the cost of the Iskur, I would vouch to protect your posture more than Razer's attempt at sucking money out of gamer pockets.

Source: Razer

Look, every single one of these "gaming" chairs looks the same. They are cheaply made, mostly made of plastic. Chairs, should only be cloth or leather. Any other kind of "leather" is not leather, it's PU (Polyurethane.) They can't be repaired. Three year warranty.

Meanwhile Ikea offers 10 year warranties on chairs that are 1/4 to 1/2 the price. https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/cat/gaming-chairs-47067/ and at least one is actually leather.

the guy in the pic isn't even resting his back on the chair, might as well use a stool lol

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I mean...it shouldn't even be compared to the Logitech colab at all...it's a much, much better chair. This is basically just another racing chair.

I expect similar stuff to come out of the Ikea x Asus venture.

2 hours ago, Kisai said:

Look, every single one of these "gaming" chairs looks the same. They are cheaply made, mostly made of plastic. Chairs, should only be cloth or leather. Any other kind of "leather" is not leather, it's PU (Polyurethane.) They can't be repaired. Three year warranty.

Meanwhile Ikea offers 10 year warranties on chairs that are 1/4 to 1/2 the price. https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/cat/gaming-chairs-47067/ and at least one is actually leather.

Makes me curious what kind of warranty they'll offer on their RoG stuff. If it matches the 10 years of the Ikea chairs, that could be a real good reason to go with them, even if it is probably going to be a more generic chair. Only time will tell.

Agreed though, gaming chairs are horrible. Why people think a race car seat design is a good choice is beyond me.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

i wonder how it will integrate with synapse

if at all

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

* panically searching the article for the mentioning of RGB *

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

On 10/10/2020 at 7:07 PM, Vishera said:

And speak through their Razer mask while ordering:

Razer-Face-Mask.jpg

I know this is supposed to be a roast, but I'd actually buy that mask, unlike most of their products.  Lmao!

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy