Why is my computer doing this

dlf

Built http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P5jg (minus that montior) and everything works fine - mostly. If I step away from the screens for about 10+ minutes my screens decide turn black and will not show a normal picture - or what was on the screen before I moved away - unless I reboot the system. One monitor (a dell, will get details later) decides to flicker and turning it off and back on seems to do nothing.  It seems though that if I unplug my DVI cable from the GPU and back in it all comes back normal.

And yes I know the components in that build are overkill, I don't need to hear that yet again . . . . .

Overkill? You've only got 1 GPU! 

On a more serious note have you tried the basics? Update all your drivers, check for the latest BIOS version for your mobo? Is the DVI cable screwed in or loose? 

Also the system is on stock mode it will turn the screen off after 10 mins try getting the updated drivers from the vender!

Also you think your system is over the top look at mine lol

DOWNLOAD HERE <-----

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

after you update your drivers, check your Sleep timer setting, Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Edit Plan Settings, and change when you want your display to shut off after a certain amount of minutes and when you want your PC to sleep after a certain amount of minutes.

"You are who you choose to be.....Choose"

See my Profile for my 

What's strange is I do have my power option settings to turn the display off after 10 minutes and put the computer to sleep shortly after but usually is a monitor is "off" pressing something on the keyboard, or moving the mouse should wake it, should it not?

yes, pressing any key on the keyboard should wake it or sometimes the mouse, you should hear the fans spin when it wakes up from sleep and the image should re display on the screen.

"You are who you choose to be.....Choose"

See my Profile for my 

Still seems to do it, eventually I think the pins in the DVI connection will stop working.

Does sound like a cable problem to me, try using a spare cable or even the dreaded VGA if you have to just to test and see if the problem persists, and if it doesn't, buy a new cable :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Go to power options turn off sleep turn off power saving stuff, by default monitor turns off after 10 min, set it to never turn off.

Yes and try new cable.