My R4

red_leader1138

I've read the entire thread so I'll try to ask something that hasn't been asked 10 times already.   :)

I'm going to look at some of those videos, but did you create custom length cables from scratch?  In my R4 build, I hate to take the backside cover off because it's so difficult to get back on.  The case really doesn't leave enough room to accommodate those pesky molex and sata cables that are so bulky.  I don't see those bulky cables in your cable management.  Can you expand a bit on what you did here?

Also, did you remove unused cables or are they hidden in there somewhere?  I'd really like to undertake this project while I'm off for the holidays but I'd like to get as much info as possible.  Thanks.

I didn't do custom length, but I did get rid of the cables and connectors I didn't need.  So instead of having four molex and sata connectors on one cable I just put on what I needed and moved the position of the connectors around.

Great build!

How did you remove your PSU stickers so cleanly?

Man this is such a good looking build. Did you have to shorten the tubing on your H220? Iam considering getting the CM Glacer 240L for my R4 but the tubing looks like it's longer.

Thanks. :) I did shorten the tubing but it fits in the R4 with the stock length.

Well, yeah...I probably should have phrased my question differently.

How cleanly did the stickers come off of the PSU?  I have custom printed vinyl decals for the sides of my AX 860 but would like to remove the top sticker if it will come off as cleanly as it looks in this picture with minimal residue/follow-up.

They didn't come off clean, left a lot of residue. I used rubbing alcohol to get it off.

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel Core i7-3820 | Gigabyte X79-UP4 | Swiftech H220 | 16GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTX 780 SC | Crucial M4 128GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB | 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15 | Corsair AX750

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12550-my-r4/'>My R4

I didn't do custom length, but I did get rid of the cables and connectors I didn't need.  So instead of having four molex and sata connectors on one cable I just put on what I needed and moved the position of the connectors around.

Hmmm...If you didn't do custom lengths, how did you get such long SATA cables to run up to the front of the case? And again, if no custom lengths, what do you mean by, "I just put on what I needed and moved the position of the connectors around."  That sounds like custom lengths.  Did you cut, strip, and reattach the connectors? Can you elaborate some?  Thanks again. 

What keyboard is that?

lol. That's been answered on nearly every page of this thread so far.  

• 1 month later...

What keyboard is that?

Ducky DK9087

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel Core i7-3820 | Gigabyte X79-UP4 | Swiftech H220 | 16GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTX 780 SC | Crucial M4 128GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB | 5x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15 | Corsair AX750

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12550-my-r4/'>My R4

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know you inspired my build A LOT.  I don't have as high end parts as you but I really admired how clean and simple everything is in your rig.

Even though I'm done (for the most part) with my rig .. I still occasionally drop by gawk at how nice yours is :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.  This is just what I needed for my build to be.  How loud is the H220in this case?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your build gave me some ideas for mine.  Sadly, my h220 died on me, so now I have to send it to Swiftech.  

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

• 5 months later...

Awesome build, looks great.  I have an R4 and wished it was half as tidy :) good job!