If you had $400 for headphones, what would you buy?

tryphaa

i bet that vid is the reason for this thread too, i dont like that people never reccommended it, until linus did that vid

OH, WELL LINUS LIKES THEM, SO THEY ARE AUTOMATICALLY THE BEST CHOICE AND YOU SHOULD NOT LOOK INTO ANYTHING ELSE.

/sarcasm

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

i bet that vid is the reason for this thread too, i dont like that people never reccommended it, until linus did that vid

I was thinking the exact same thing!

I often wonder if Linus ever sits there thinking "Hmmm... I wonder what I could get people to buy. I simply recommend it and they go."

No wonder he's started his own clothing line ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

... Why can't we just have people form their own opinions some times.

because people like being told what to like and dislike, IE, bieber. he isnt that bad(dont misunderstand me, i think he is a prick), but people dislike him because others tell to dislike him.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I'd buy another pair of HD-25II's or Shure SE425's

I hope you're kidding about that too. I never really tried beats, I have a friend that thinks every set of Wicked Audio headphones and he calls them beats. It annoys me, a lot. I also kinda dislike beats in general because they are really over rated. (basing that on what I've heard from others). 

Nope, It is my personal prefrence with active noise cancellation, style, the bass heavy , I just enjoy them

because people like being told what to like and dislike, IE, bieber. he isnt that bad(dont misunderstand me, i think he is a prick), but people dislike him because others tell to dislike him.

I don't think it's the "like being told part" but feeling like they are a part of something if they have a similar opinion.

If i did not have them already. Razer charcarias.

Im not too fuzzed about audio quality on headphones and they are plugged into the headphone jack anyways.

All that matters are that they are comfy.

If i want to listen to something with exelent quality i already have my stereo system.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I don't think it's the "like being told part" but feeling like they are a part of something if they have a similar opinion.

another example, a lot of people never had bad experiences with XFX GPU's, but others did have, so they dont reccommend them

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

$20 Sony headphones, then pitting the other $280 towards a graphics card.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

another example, a lot of people never had bad experiences with XFX GPU's, but others did have, so they dont reccommend them

that makes sense though. It's having to do with a product being faulty or not, it has nothing to do with them saying they are AMAZING because literally 1 person said so.

that makes sense though. It's having to do with a product being faulty or not, it has nothing to do with them saying they are AMAZING because literally 1 person said so.

i really find the "OMG NEVER USE CORSAIR" threads on this site interesting, how people think one single time is every time

linus did a vid about them, so everybody wants them now

LOL

Why do you think companies send Linus this stuff? ^^ Cause he's a nice guy? ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Nope, It is my personal prefrence with active noise cancellation, style, the bass heavy , I just enjoy them

Fair enough.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

HD8's from todays video

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

OH, WELL LINUS LIKES THEM, SO THEY ARE AUTOMATICALLY THE BEST CHOICE AND YOU SHOULD NOT LOOK INTO ANYTHING ELSE.

/sarcasm

... Why can't we just have people form their own opinions some times.

HD8's from todays video

Rofl.

I'd be really temped to send Linus some insane sex toy for review and see how many threads pop up if this thing will please them well.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Hd 650's. I have 598's right now and I love them. But the people that said 2 different $200 headphones have a point. A good pair of $200 open and closed headphones whould be a great choice as well.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Doesen't cost that much but i've heard great things about the Audio-technica MH50's

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

I'd probably get a few different headphones. Right now I'm looking at Sony MDR-v6 or 7506, Sennheiser 280 or 380, and/or some IEMs, like the RHA 750.

Doesen't cost that much but i've heard great things about the Audio-technica MH50's

bro, I'd get better headphones instead. the M50's are alright first time "quality heaphones", but there are so many better options. I thought the M50's were the best thing ever for a month or three, then I got some Shure SRH440 with 840 pads, better in every way IMO.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I'd probably get a few different headphones. Right now I'm looking at Sony MDR-v6 or 7506, Sennheiser 280 or 380, and/or some IEMs, like the RHA 750.

bro, I'd get better headphones instead. the M50's are alright first time "quality heaphones", but there are so many better options. I thought the M50's were the best thing ever for a month or three, then I got some Shure SRH440 with 840 pads, better in every way IMO.

Well i don't care that much about audio quality, i'd much rather get a 400 dollar monitor or video card

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

I wouldn't spend $400 on a single pair of headphones. especially considering most don't offer a sound signature I like, If it was all to go on headphones I'd probably spend $200 on one pair and $150 on another and then a $50 pair.

But the reality is the next major expenditure I have will be a case and GPU.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Well i don't care that much about audio quality, i'd much rather get a 400 dollar monitor or video card

yeah, of course, I'm just putting it out, that the 440's are better in pretty much every single way, it's also cheaper.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

HD 600's because they have a rather neutral and sweet sound, good for classical.