When will the 1440p G-Sync İPS/PLS monitors arrive

Mr.Duck

Hello guys,

just wanted to check if we have any info about 1440p İPS/PLS G-Sync monitors?

Which manufacturer(s) is/are going to be releasing one?

...and when?

no idea but in the future
there havent been any rumours yet of IPS or PLS even I think VA Gsync panels and also at that resolution it gets quite expensive so yeah >_>

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I haven't heard anything on the topic. Tom paterson (IIRC) said that there was nothing inheriently stopping them making an IPS gsync monitor, but it wasn't what they were leading with because their target audience was gamers not professionals.

probably never lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

probably never lol

I wouldn't say never, but equally I don't think people that edit videos or movies are particularly the ones to worry about gsync at least initially. When I asked about eliminating 3:2 pulldown and such using gsync they hadn't really considered doing it, their focus was on games not improving video so for them to even start to provide the capability for pro targeted monitors would require a likely market which presumably is quite small. A manufacturer might be interested however so its bound to happen eventually but early on its more important to serve the primary market which is gamers.

I wouldn't say never, but equally I don't think people that edit videos or movies are particularly the ones to worry about gsync at least initially. When I asked about eliminating 3:2 pulldown and such using gsync they hadn't really considered doing it, their focus was on games not improving video so for them to even start to provide the capability for pro targeted monitors would require a likely market which presumably is quite small. A manufacturer might be interested however so its bound to happen eventually but early on its more important to serve the primary market which is gamers.

well i can almost guarantee you any gamer that tried IPS wont go back to TN and there are quite alot of gamers that uses IPS/PLS and i know manufacturers know this.

for ex look at the comments on asus's website on their 1440p gsync monitor everybody wants a ips panel. it is much better for gaming if you are trying to have fun.

well i can almost guarantee you any gamer that tried IPS wont go back to TN and there are quite alot of gamers that uses IPS/PLS and i know manufacturers know this.

for ex look at the comments on asus's website on their 1440p gsync monitor everybody wants a ips panel. it is much better for gaming if you are trying to have fun.

I value the reduction in motion blur and increased frame rates over the higher colour gamut of an IPS screen. I would like to have both but of the two, having tried both, I prefer smoother frames and reasonable colour quality with crushed blacks over higher colour gamut that has extreme amounts of motion blur and latency. I know a lot of gamers are choosing IPS but I don't think its the right call, IPS make for poor gaming monitors, they look good on a still image and dreadful in motion. Most of what is in a game is in motion.

i think i would prefer to buy the gsync module and install it  on my current monitor