I think my hard drive died. :| Detected in bios but is not booting

I think my HHD crashed. I honestly don't know what really happened. All I know is I was trying to fixing my cable management and booted up my computer. Everything was well and I just continued on playing my games. The at about 1 am I started hearing clicking noises so I turned down my fans and noticed that as I increased the speed of some of my fans the clicking noise became more apparent. Thinking it was attributed to my fans rather than my HHD I decided to ignore it and continue on playing. After about 30 mins, the dreaded BSOD ( Blue Screen of death)  appeared but it flashed too fast for me to see what was wrong. I tried booting up the system again and poof it won't boot. so I went into bios to check on my components and everything was fine. 

So my Question is. Is my HHD dead? is this a driver related things? and are my files recoverable? :D

Also I've also tried attaching another HHD to my system it worked perfectly fine. Though I am more concerned about my games saves and some media items like pictures and my photography portfolio that are still under the works. 
When I tried attaching the broken HHD to the USB to SATA interface thingy that came with the samsung 840

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

If the clicking noise is coming from your HDD, that's not a good sign, but yes files are recoverable if you still can read the HDD with the SATA to USB interface. If you can do it RIGHT AWAY! Its not driver related, HDD are sensitive, if dropped  the mechanisms inside can be thrown off causing the HDD to not function properly. 

"You are who you choose to be.....Choose"

See my Profile for my 

Oh. I forgot to include that when I attached the HHD to the SATA to USB interface thing it also didn't work.
Also I think I might have shorted something out as I was attaching the my power supply, I didn't notice that the cord was plugged into my powered on AVR. 

Any Idea if that did it? :| 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

HDD might be damaged sadly. why what does the computer do?

See my Profile for my 

Who is it made by and what size is it?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

There are some Recovery programs out there that might detect the HDD even though you can't see it in "Computer". I recommend These: 1>Easeus Data recovery(theres a Free verison i believe),2> Seagate file recovery for windows(not free but im guessing you might know how to get it for free) and 3>Recuva data recovery software(free version). I Highly recommend either Seagate or Easeus.

See my Profile for my 

@ ProCoComputerRepaires That PC was mostly a gaming PC and Mass Storage. :) I was actually thinking of upgrading the system to an SSD thus the samsung 840. Sadly it crashed before I was able to clone stuff to the SSD. :|

@gecko Seagate barracuda 1 terabyte. :) 

That sucks, Im thinking of doing the same upgrade this friday, and i want the same SSD and have the same type of HDD drive o.0. Also was it definitely the HDD that was clicking ? 

See my Profile for my 

ok well, I know what the problem is: BSY Bug. A firmware fix is reqired.

Yes it was. :| I tried running the system without the HHD. No clicking noises no matter what fan speed I ran my fans on. 

Yeah you need to do a fireware fix on the drive

wow, Raid comes in handy man. Im gonna do it soon. HDD individually to me are kinda unreliable but in a raid configuration, worth it.

See my Profile for my 

Sadly I'm on the road. I cant do anything of these things now. :| Will try to do these things asap. 

Yeah you need to do a fireware fix on the drive

this is what you need and how to do it. If in dout mail it to me!

I have done this twice for people with 100% success rate!

Seagate has a 3 year warranty (5 years depending when you bought it). If it is no longer booting or no longer recognizable by external bays/enclosures, you can just send it to a service center and they should replace it immediately for you. Hope this helps.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Seagate has a 3 year warranty (5 years depending when you bought it). If it is no longer booting, you can just send it to a service center and they should replace it immediately for you. Hope this helps.  

He wants to recover hes data so that wont help and I can bet the warranty is up

If the firmware trick doesn't work and you're out of warranty then give this a try to get the data off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHBg0mrHXOQ

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Have you ran any tools to find out where the harddrive health is at? if it is detected I recommend running hirens boot cd, and running HDD sentinel to see the health of the harddrive to determine that is infact the problem. If the harddrive is just filled with bad / weak sectors, you can try running a program called R-studio to see if any of the data is recoverable. Let me know if you would like links to these tools.

@Crew I tried running some tools like the seagate thingo that detects the drives health. The drive wasn't even detected. But if I attach it to my Desktop directly I can see it being recognized in BIOS.

Just for reference I run an i5 -2500k, 8gb Kingston ram, 660ti twin frozr and SB Fatal1ty champion on an asrock Fatal1ty z68 MoBo. :)

You need to do the firmware flash like I said before!

My HHD is still under warranty and I already RMA'ed it. I just accepted that my files are gone and just went ahead and switched to my SSD. Thank for the reply Guys!

Wow well doing the thing that I said to do would have just fixed the drive

Wow well doing the thing that I said to do would have just fixed the drive

There there... These things happen :/

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Hey its he's data not mine