Help choosing a monitor ( i know very little about monitors)

Jmds

Hi guys! So i'm on the market for a new monitor. I currently have a really old Samsung t260hd.

I'm leaning towards an 144hz monitor only because i recently got an r9 290 and i'm seeing some tearing and dragging on the image so i have to turn on the V-Sync and i feel like im loosing some potential smoothness there!

So i was looking at the BenQ xl2420TE that linus reviewed but i can't seem to find it anyway. Was it replaced with some other product? Cause i dont want an washed out crappy TN pannel and he speaks really good about that monitor.

Anyway i'm open to suggestions like brands, models, less hzs, higher rez, but state your facts and pros and cons please!

Thanks alot guys!!

I suggest if you're on a budget go for an LG or an Asus but the benq one's will do you fine. All of these are well made monitors but i'd get someone else's opinion. 

My Rig : | Intel Core i7 4790k 4.6ghz | Asus Z97-Pro [Wifi-ac] | 8Gb DDR3 Ram 1600mhz | AOC G2460PG | CX600M PSU | 120gb Samsung Evo | WD RED 3TB |GTX 970 | Custom Loop

I believe that the XL2420TE was replaced by the XL2420Z.

I would only go with a 144hz monitor if you're really bothered by 60hz being to slow and you play a lot of really fast-paced games.. Otherwise, I tend to prefer a higher resolution IPS(or PLS) panel for most general gaming and day-to-day use.

For the price of the XL2420Z, you could also look into one of the cheap Korean 1440p IPS/PLS monitors. I have both a Asus VG248QE and a Qnix QX2710, and the high resolution PLS panel is much better for average use than the 144hz TN. I only really use the VG248QE for a few fast-paced games, but otherwise it just sits as a secondary display.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I suggest if you're on a budget go for an LG or an Asus but the benq one's will do you fine. All of these are well made monitors but i'd get someone else's opinion. 

I have about 400€

I believe that the XL2420TE was replaced by the XL2420Z.

I would only go with a 144hz monitor if you're really bothered by 60hz being to slow and you play a lot of really fast-paced games.. Otherwise, I tend to prefer a higher resolution IPS(or PLS) panel for most general gaming and day-to-day use.

For the price of the XL2420Z, you could also look into one of the cheap Korean 1440p IPS/PLS monitors. I have both a Asus VG248QE and a Qnix QX2710, and the high resolution PLS panel is much better for average use than the 144hz TN. I only really use the VG248QE for a few fast-paced games, but otherwise it just sits as a secondary display.

I mostly game in my pc and i do play alot of fps but i play slower stuff like League of Legends, Batman, Assassins creed. I've read that the XL2420Z is worse than the TE one or even the T. Are they reliable? I've read some stuff about the korean monitors and i don't know if i could handle a dead pixel if i got one... I'm really really picky on that stuff, almost ocd ahah