Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deu sex machina

Streaming PC from scratch

2 minutes ago, deu sex machina said:

I have a idle monitor sitting in my room right now. As much as I want to game now, I can wait for 2 months- for Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Maybe the sales will do me good? Waiting for a 4600 should be a no brainer you think?

Wait for the new CPU's also maybe AMD will have something better for you in your price range you never know. I personally used both AMD and Nvidia GPU's but I prefer Nvidia  more. I don't know if you have Amazon Prime Day in Turkey but it will have great deals.  Wish you all the best for your new PC.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency): $1250~ approx: 10k Turkish liras (Turkish lira(₺) has been getting its ass kicked by US dollar for nearly a decade, so my budget is kind of tight)

Country: Turkey

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 1080p Ultra settings 60FPS game streaming, occasional video editing, light content creation

Other details: I have already bought a Lenovo 2K 144hz 1ms Freesync VA panel gaming monitor, for 2,644₺ (340ish dollars) links here: https://www.lenovo.com/tr/tr/monitors/g32qc-10/ apparently Gigabyte has a model exactly with same nomenclature. In fact want to build this thing in black friday because of sales, or in cyber monday for that matter. Not sure if that changes anything.

 

 

Body

Hey guys, greetings from Izmir, Turkey.

I love you all, what a great community we really are. I've been a macbook peasant all these years while following LTT, yeah I know, I know.... And now... I need my gaming pc finally! I need your help. I want to build a case(I have a monitor) that meets my requirements for the upcoming years. 

 

I have a 2K Freesync Premium Pro monitor as I've stated above. I want to build my rig around RTX 3070- if that's possible, and want to add in Ryzen 5 3600. I'm not sure on other components. I believe I should want a Motherboard with PCIe 4, so I guess I need a B550 motherboard? What about my RAMs? 8x2 ones- or 16x2 ones if the budget allows? Maybe RGB ones, since I LOVE them? Or I simply get 8x2 and wait for DDR5 to come online?

Also, what about my PSU? Will Bronze ones be able to satisfy the system? Will my stock cpu cooler be enough, will there be a bottleneck, what type of SSD will I need? I think 512gb will be enough for quite some time. In addition I do not really want a HDD.

Aaaand... What type of case? Fans, mesh, rgb etc... How much of a budget should I allocate for each? Questions, questions... I'm kind of lost guys, and I need your help. I don't need peripherals, well I do in fact, but my G502 and a generic membrane keyboard should do just fine for a while. Maybe upgrade the keyboard to a mechanical one some time later.

 

In short,

I want to build a pc centered around 3070 and 3600, and I need your suggestions for other components to maximize the performance. Budget for the whole case inside out, 1200-1300 US dollars.

Thanks in advance, I'll be around for any questions.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Grabhanem said:

Do you need this build right away? The 4600 is coming out soon for likely the same price as the 3600.

I have a idle monitor sitting in my room right now. As much as I want to game now, I can wait for 2 months- for Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Maybe the sales will do me good? Waiting for a 4600 should be a no brainer you think?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Best Answer
2 minutes ago, deu sex machina said:

I have a idle monitor sitting in my room right now. As much as I want to game now, I can wait for 2 months- for Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Maybe the sales will do me good? Waiting for a 4600 should be a no brainer you think?

Wait for the new CPU's also maybe AMD will have something better for you in your price range you never know. I personally used both AMD and Nvidia GPU's but I prefer Nvidia  more. I don't know if you have Amazon Prime Day in Turkey but it will have great deals.  Wish you all the best for your new PC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3900X price might drop significantly and you can partner it up with the ASUS TUF X570. I own a 3950X and I can stream at x264 Slow Preset with only 20% usage. So if you go for a 12 core, that'll be 30% OBS on x264 Slow, the rest are for games and other software.

 

If your go for veryfast or fast preset, literally 10% CPU usage. I go with x264 Slow for the crystal clear VOD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, King Spartan said:

Wait for the new CPU's also maybe AMD will have something better for you in your price range you never know. I personally used both AMD and Nvidia GPU's but I prefer Nvidia  more. I don't know if you have Amazon Prime Day in Turkey but it will have great deals.  Wish you all the best for your new PC.

Thanks man. Yes, there will be prime day on 13-14th of October, I'll activate my prime membership on 12th. Do you think that if I buy 3600, I wont be regretting my decision even after 4000 series launch?

 

My previous rig had Sapphire R9 290 TriX and i5 4670K. Although the card was great, the CPU was kind of lackluster. I did not overclock it once though, maybe thats on me. Now, AMD for the CPU and Nvidia for the GPU without a second thought, I need that NVENC encoder for my streams. Thanks again, man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, EridanusSV said:

3900X price might drop significantly and you can partner it up with the ASUS TUF X570. I own a 3950X and I can stream at x264 Slow Preset with only 20% usage. So if you go for a 12 core, that'll be 30% OBS on x264 Slow, the rest are for games and other software.

 

If your go for veryfast or fast preset, literally 10% CPU usage. I go with x264 Slow for the crystal clear VOD.

Thanks for your great insight man. I believe I'll be depending mostly on my RTX 3070's NVENC encoder though, so no x264? 

Also, what other components do you suggest?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deu sex machina said:

Thanks man. Yes, there will be prime day on 13-14th of October, I'll activate my prime membership on 12th. Do you think that if I buy 3600, I wont be regretting my decision even after 4000 series launch?

 

My previous rig had Sapphire R9 290 TriX and i5 4670K. Although the card was great, the CPU was kind of lackluster. I did not overclock it once though, maybe thats on me. Now, AMD for the CPU and Nvidia for the GPU without a second thought, I need that NVENC encoder for my streams. Thanks again, man.

3600x is good but matching it with a 2080 ti type card will not be the best either get a new i5 or 3800x or wait for the new zen 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deu sex machina said:

Thanks for your great insight man. I believe I'll be depending mostly on my RTX 3070's NVENC encoder though, so no x264? 

Also, what other components do you suggest?

If you like NVENC's quality, good for you. Parts wise, just a solid motherboard really. All ASUS X570 has the same/similar VRM. Can really help crunch out every bit of performance with your Ryzen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
21 minutes ago, King Spartan said:

3600x is good but matching it with a 2080 ti type card will not be the best either get a new i5 or 3800x or wait for the new zen 3.

Yeah, but cant exceed my budget unfortunately. if zen 3600 can satisfy my needs while also not bottlenecking rtx3070, i guess i'm all for it.

 

19 minutes ago, EridanusSV said:

If you like NVENC's quality, good for you. Parts wise, just a solid motherboard really. All ASUS X570 has the same/similar VRM. Can really help crunch out every bit of performance with your Ryzen.

ampere's nvenc should be top notch to say the least.

on the issue of mb, what about asus prime b550? https://www.sinerji.gen.tr/asus-prime-b550-plus-4600mhz-oc-rgb-m2-am4-atx-anakart-p-36250

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×