Looking For A New Pair Of Bluetooth Headphones. Suggestions/Advice Are Welcome!

After roughly 3 years of using the Bose Soundlink Around-Ear Wireless 2's for my headphones of choice, I'm wanting to upgrade to something that is a little more durable/higher-quality. During the approx. 3 years while I have used them, I like them, but I personally wouldn't say that I "love" them. Here are a few reasons which will explain why I've been wanting to upgrade: 

1.) Sound quality is average, but clearly not the best.

2.) Bluetooth connectivity is not bad, but I feel like these might be using an older version of Bluetooth which would explain why the range isn't the best. (I tried searching online, but didn't seem to get any accurate results.)

So those are just a few reasons why I would like to upgrade to something better. But do bear in mind, however, that I'm not wanting the best of the best or what have you; just something better which can be called an "upgrade". Whether it be big or small. Now that that's said, here's what I'm looking for in a better pair of headphones: Over-ear, very comfortable & durable, great to excellent sound quality, & at least Bluetooth 5.0 with great range. I should also mention that the headphones I plan to get will be used mainly here at home with my pc as I don't own a smartphone yet.

I would definitely appreciate any suggestions or recommendations that any of you might have. If I did leave something out by accident or you need more details or have to ask me something, just go ahead & do so. I'll get back to you in a flash! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help steer me in the right direction or at least give me more insight! :D

Edited by Kjennings92

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Sony XM3/XM4's

Funny you should mention the XM3/XM4's. They're definitely a pair I have been considering, but I'm just not sure if there are other like "better-sounding" headphones that might even beat these. 

4 minutes ago, Kjennings92 said:

Funny you should mention the XM3/XM4's. They're definitely a pair I have been considering, but I'm just not sure if there are other like "better-sounding" headphones that might even beat these. 

For the price range, these are really one of the best pairs you can get 

PXC 500 2's and Quietcomfort 35 2's are both also good 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

For the price range, these are really one of the best pairs you can get 

PXC 500's and Quietcomfort 35 2's are both also good 

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know how the Sennheiser PXC 500's compare to the Sony WH-1000XM4's? (BTW, I edited my post above explaining how I will use them depending on which I go with.) I am open to other comparable options if there are any others!

4 minutes ago, Kjennings92 said:

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know how the Sennheiser PXC 500's compare to the Sony WH-1000XM4's? (BTW, I edited my post above explaining how I will use them depending on which I go with.) I am open to other comparable options if there are any others!

I haven't used the XM4's but to my knowledge they're quite similar to the XM3's so I can compare to those 

I prefer the sound of the 550 2's more, but physically I like the XM3's for comfort. Really you can't go wrong with any of these options 

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

I haven't used the XM4's but to my knowledge they're quite similar to the XM3's so I can compare to those 

I prefer the sound of the 500 2's more, but physically I like the XM3's for comfort. Really you can't go wrong with any of these options 

What about sound quality? You mentioned you prefer the PXC 500's to the XM3's, but you also said the XM3's feel better. Just curious to know what the audio differences are in terms of sound quality & all that.

19 minutes ago, Kjennings92 said:

What about sound quality? You mentioned you prefer the PXC 500's to the XM3's, but you also said the XM3's feel better. Just curious to know what the audio differences are in terms of sound quality & all that.

Little bit less bass in the 550's, sounds cleaner and less muddy

8 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Little bit less bass in the 550's, sounds cleaner and less muddy

Hm. Are you implying that the XM3's (or even the XM4's for that matter) sound a little bit muddy, or does it seem to more depend on like what you're listening to & all that?

1 hour ago, Kjennings92 said:

Hm. Are you implying that the XM3's (or even the XM4's for that matter) sound a little bit muddy, or does it seem to more depend on like what you're listening to & all that?

They have a little too much bass for me, so IMO it makes the rest of the sound a little more reduced 

But they still sound great 

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

They have a little too much bass for me, so IMO it makes the rest of the sound a little more reduced 

But they still sound great 

Hey, I totally get it as everyone doesn't have the same tastes/preferences. Thanks for all your input! :)