Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
voidrunner959

New PC for audio/gamming

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency): about 2k (banking on Black Friday sales and selling my current PC to offset cost-ish) 

Country: US

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I mainly want it to run high end audio programs and be able to do 32/24bit depth rate and upwards of 196Hz samples for any audiophiles out there. I also want it to be future proofed for the next 7-8 years give or take for new games and so on. this will be my Xbox/ps5 system. Monitors and peripherals I can acquire later. If any one has any suggestion or an idea to reduce cost to about 1800 I appreciate it. I also know that the 3080 is eating into my price and I also know that they are not available right now

Other details

https://newegg.io/76be627 (current build I'm looking at / already have a case and 140mmx6 fans) & not shown but a sound card most likely a Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe 116dB which i know is 24bit depth but IDK if i wanna drop $300 on a sound card interface. 

Thank you for any suggestions 

 

PC build.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Le monke said:

Your mobo that u have has pretty good sound qaulity.

was trying to see what what bit/sample rate output it could run but I didn't see anything on it. most Mobo don't run on professional line level

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, voidrunner959 said:

was trying to see what what bit/sample rate output it could run but I didn't see anything on it. most Mobo don't run on professional line level

I'm gonna be honest I don't know too much about bit/sample rates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Le monke said:

I'm gonna be honest I don't know too much about bit/sample rates.

No worries simply put its the the audio range in which a digital sound wave is read (highs and lows on pitches) so you hear subtle sound details such as percussion and so on for bit depth. sample rate is how often the sound wave is sampled. for example, making a flip book with 20 pages vs the same flip book with 100pages. The one with 100 will have cleaner details and more more information. The more bit rate and sample rate you have the more processing power is required along with high audio converter and or speaker that can display it. You cant run a 4k signal through a non 4k cable for reference. 

 

P.S: currently 90% of audio streaming services run at a compressed 16bit / 44.1Khz which is worse then CD quality sound 

 

sorry to get all technical 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, voidrunner959 said:

No worries simply put its the the audio range in which a digital sound wave is read (highs and lows on pitches) so you hear subtle sound details such as percussion and so on for bit depth. sample rate is how often the sound wave is sampled. for example, making a flip book with 20 pages vs the same flip book with 100pages. The one with 100 will have cleaner details and more more information. The more bit rate and sample rate you have the more processing power is required along with high audio converter and or speaker that can display it. You cant run a 4k signal through a non 4k cable for reference. 

 

P.S: currently 90% of audio streaming services run at a compressed 16bit / 44.1Khz which is worse then CD quality sound 

 

sorry to get all technical 

No worries, thank you for explaining it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×