My drive is writing to fast!

I have as a secondary drive a WD 500 gig harddrive from 2004 (wd5000azlx-75k2ta0), and when I was download a free game I got on epic games I was looking at the write speeds and I was getting consistent write speeds at 300-400 mb/s. I am ruing  epic games through lutris on linux. My question is, is it a bug or is there some problem with my hardrive that it is writing so fast?

Step a: Knock on wood.

Step two: If the files that are on the drive are good, dont question it.

Step 4: realise that that is normal.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Capitalization matters. Is it 300-400 Mb/s, or 300-400 MB/s? if the first, that's not great (45-50MB/s). If the second, that's pretty good. Also, how were you measuring the speed? I'm not familiar with Epic's optimizations, but is it possible that it was downloading at that speed into RAM, then saving it to HDD more slowly?

1 hour ago, fordy_rounds said:

Capitalization matters. Is it 300-400 Mb/s, or 300-400 MB/s? if the first, that's not great (45-50MB/s). If the second, that's pretty good. Also, how were you measuring the speed? I'm not familiar with Epic's optimizations, but is it possible that it was downloading at that speed into RAM, then saving it to HDD more slowly?

Just like steam epic games shows download speed but it also has a write speed. It says 300-400 MB/s but more likely it is just that they don't know the difference.

1 hour ago, fordy_rounds said:

EGS uses megabytes/s. thats how i found out I was getting faster wifi than I should. (33Mb/s on a 100mbps service. I am still getting about 3x the speed, and paying for 100mbps)

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

EGS uses megabytes/s. thats how i found out I was getting faster wifi than I should. (33Mb/s on a 100mbps service. I am still getting about 3x the speed, and paying for 100mbps)

thats great