Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrimsonCR

Will this fit my CPU

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Ok so im getting a second hand i5-4690k of which i don't know if it has a cooler or not. Will a LGA1155 Cooler still fit a LGA1150 CPU? I got the cooler from a prebuilt DELL PC so its not intel brand.

 

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CrimsonCR said:

Ok so im getting a second hand i5-4690k of which i don't know if it has a cooler or not. Will a LGA1155 Cooler still fit a LGA1150 CPU? I got the cooler from a prebuilt DELL PC so its not intel brand.

Yes. Probably.

 

All LGA 115x and LGA 1200 use the same mounting system.

However, I say probably because of two reasons:

1. Physical restrictions: of course without knowing the details I don't know if your case is large enough to fit the cooler for example

2. A company like Dell might just do something funky with the mounting system, causing it to not fit

 

Keep in mind you'll need some new thermal paste.


"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, 115x coolers all work

1156,1155,1151,1150 use the same size mounting so it will work

 

Edit:

Miniboss beat me to it


Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, minibois said:

Yes. Probably.

 

All LGA 115x and LGA 1200 use the same mounting system.

However, I say probably because of two reasons:

1. Physical restrictions: of course without knowing the details I don't know if your case is large enough to fit the cooler for example

2. A company like Dell might just do something funky with the mounting system, causing it to not fit

 

Keep in mind you'll need some new thermal paste.

Thank you! The fan is around the same size as a normal Intel cooler so fingers crossed should be fine!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CrimsonCR said:

Thank you! The fan is around the same size as a normal Intel cooler so fingers crossed should be fine!

Are you changing mobo too? The issues that you could have:

  • Mounting is propriatory
  • Fan connector is propriatory
  • Cooler is just too weak for CPU, more so if you plan overclocking

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×