Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starscream203

Snny Vegas Pro

Posted · Original PosterOP

Is there any differences between Vegas pro 18 vs 17 ? I would consider myself a novice user who would like to make a you tube video now and again not for professional use. 

MY RIG #1
I9 9900k Hyper Evo Black 2080 ti Strix Asus Maximus XI Hero 32 gb Hyper X Predator HP OMEN 27" 165hz Lian Li Lancool2 500 gb Samsung NVMEAsus Asus Rog 850 Thor

6 minutes ago, Starscream203 said:

Is there any differences between Vegas pro 18 vs 17 ? I would consider myself a novice user who would like to make a you tube video now and again not for professional use. 

I haven't used Vegas in years. But for most video editing software, if you're just using it for periodically making YouTube videos, the changes won't likely affect you much. 

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | WD 250GB | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 10 Pro

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.6.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | Samsung Galaxy S5e

3 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I haven't used Vegas in years. But for most video editing software, if you're just using it for periodically making YouTube videos, the changes won't likely affect you much. 

The price Difference is 350 dollar. 17 cost 250 dollars which doesnt seem too bad for a good program 

MY RIG #1
I9 9900k Hyper Evo Black 2080 ti Strix Asus Maximus XI Hero 32 gb Hyper X Predator HP OMEN 27" 165hz Lian Li Lancool2 500 gb Samsung NVMEAsus Asus Rog 850 Thor

2 minutes ago, gloop said:

Have you tried the free version of Davinci Resolve?

No i haven't i will try the trial right now im using vegas 18 on a month trial.

MY RIG #1

12 hours ago, Starscream203 said:

I would consider myself a novice user who would like to make a you tube video now and again not for professional use. 

Yeah, there's no reason to look at the latest high-end app.

If you're on Mac, iMovie is actually pretty good, and students get Final Cut Pro discounted. Windows' new movie maker - Movie Maker 10 - isn't too bad. If you're in college, chances are your university has an Adobe license - many unis do - which means free premiere.

As @gloop said, DaVinci resolve is great. However, not the most beginner-friendly of the free editors out there. Hitfilm 4 is free I guess and Movavi is cheap on Steam and perhaps the easiest of them all, lightworks is a good free alternative too.

I don't like Vegas - it's clumsy and I always regret getting comfortable on it. However, if you're dead set on Vegas, Sony Movie Studio Platinum is pretty much always on sale on Steam and is basically identical to Vegas.

ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

The things to note about Resolve is that while it shows every single feature of Studio, it's not easy to tell which is in Free and what isn't in the software. There are plugins that just throw up a message telling you to buy it and slaps a huge watermark. It also hogs some VRAM compared to other NLEs I've used, so it isn't ideal for low-end systems. Your 2080Ti PC should be just great for it so you won't stumble into the issues I've had.

37 minutes ago, Starscream203 said:

The price Difference is 350 dollar. 17 cost 250 dollars which doesnt seem too bad for a good program 

Vegas is really not a good program in a serious level. It's easy to use, but if you need more function or better effect, you will need better software.

Adobe premiere is way better. Premiere is only $19 / month. Learning curve is a little high, especially if youre coming from vegas, but once you mastered it, you'll find the workflow is much faster. Plus it's companion app (Photoshop, After effects and Audition) work seamlessly, and are the industry standard.

Try Davinci Resolve, it's pretty much better than vegas in everyway, and it's free.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

20 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Vegas is really not a good program

59 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I don't like Vegas - it's clumsy and I always regret getting comfortable on it.

😢

ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

😢

I edited in vegas in my early days for at least 5 years.

My peers was on premiere / AE, i was thinking why, Vegas is much easier.

But when i need to clean up some audios, soundforge is just not that good.

Tried audition, fell in love with it, and i decided to learn Premiere, it was awkward at first, but once i got it, never look back on vegas.

I wish i learned it earlier.

The key is to remember the shortcuts, on vegas you basically just drag and drop.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

49 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

I edited in v

egas in my early days for at least 5 years.

My peers was on premiere / AE, i was thinking why, Vegas is much easier.

But when i need to clean up some audios, soundforge is just not that good.

Tried audition, fell in love with it, and i decided to learn Premiere, it was awkward at first, but once i got it, never look back on vegas.

I wish i learned it earlier.

The key is to remember the shortcuts, on vegas you basically just drag and drop.

I used iMovie from 2009 to 2014. Pirated vegas for a bit, but that kept crashing and I got movie studio 13 plat on sale for $3 lol. Been on that since, though I used premiere on my Uni's license. I'm a big freeware fan though, I use Waveform for my DAW, best ever. Considering learning resolve and switching permanently.

ALIENWARE 13R3

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Considering learning resolve and switching permanently.

I tried resolve, it does seems to have better color correction workflow, haven't get deep enough.

Out of the three, i found it the most difficult to learn.

Honestly i would of liked to have my questioned answered. One person did i would like to know the differences of 18 and 17 

MY RIG #1

6 hours ago, Starscream203 said:

Honestly i would of liked to have my questioned answered. One person did i would like to know the differences of 18 and 17 

From answers so far, Vegas is not very widely used software currently. Have you checked the official feature list yet? Besides it having feature comparison between Pro and Edit versions, it has also tagged new features:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/product-comparison/?_ga=2.9731254.2055382556.1601533077-2003520870.1601533077

You could also buy 17 and still save $100 if you buy upgrade license to 18.

Also found this:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

I tried resolve, it does seems to have better color correction workflow, haven't get deep enough.

Out of the three, i found it the most difficult to learn.

What's some other freeware I'm sleeping on? I didn't like Hitfilm. 

ALIENWARE 13R3

4 hours ago, Aereldor said:

What's some other freeware I'm sleeping on? I didn't like Hitfilm. 

Like video-editing programs or just general programs?

All the help is appreciated so far after using Vegas 18 i really like it and is doing exactly what i wanted it to do. If i buy Vegas 17 is that pretty much the same thing ? Its like 400 USD less on Amazon. Is buying from Amazon safe for this product ? Do they give you unlimited downloads and activations ? 

MY RIG #1

6 hours ago, Starscream203 said:

All the help is appreciated so far after using Vegas 18 i really like it and is doing exactly what i wanted it to do. If i buy Vegas 17 is that pretty much the same thing ? Its like 400 USD less on Amazon. Is buying from Amazon safe for this product ? Do they give you unlimited downloads and activations ? 

You get activation key if you buy digital download. You use that to activate copy which you can download from Magix (current owner of Vegas brand). I haven't used Amazon for digital keys myself, so I'm not sure if they have download available, or which version of 17 it would be. If they give you download, then it will be unlimited as you can't activate software without key anyway. The key will also be emailed, so you will have it even if you would lose access to Amazon account.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, Dyaets said:

Here's a video describing differences between vegas pro17 vs 18: 

Thank you 

MY RIG #1

On 9/30/2020 at 6:22 PM, Aereldor said:

I used iMovie from 2009 to 2014. Pirated vegas for a bit, but that kept crashing and I got movie studio 13 plat on sale for $3 lol. Been on that since, though I used premiere on my Uni's license. I'm a big freeware fan though, I use Waveform for my DAW, best ever. Considering learning resolve and switching permanently.

Did you consider that "pirating " might of caused it to crash ?

MY RIG #1

Thanks for all the help guys so what i been hearing is Devinci resolve is better then Vegas all the way around ?

MY RIG #1

On 9/30/2020 at 4:10 PM, Aereldor said:

Yeah, there's no reason to look at the latest high-end app.

If you're on Mac, iMovie is actually pretty good, and students get Final Cut Pro discounted. Windows' new movie maker - Movie Maker 10 - isn't too bad. If you're in college, chances are your university has an Adobe license - many unis do - which means free premiere.

As @gloop said, DaVinci resolve is great. However, not the most beginner-friendly of the free editors out there. Hitfilm 4 is free I guess and Movavi is cheap on Steam and perhaps the easiest of them all, lightworks is a good free alternative too.

I don't like Vegas - it's clumsy and I always regret getting comfortable on it. However, if you're dead set on Vegas, Sony Movie Studio Platinum is pretty much always on sale on Steam and is basically identical to Vegas.

What is the best way to buy DaVinci resolve ? 

MY RIG #1

11 hours ago, Starscream203 said:

What is the best way to buy DaVinci resolve ? 

From verified reseller. Blackmagic doesn't sell anything directly. Just checked another threads which said that you get 2 activation's per $300 license. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1366318-REG/blackmagic_design_dv_resstud_davinci_resolve_stud_color.html for example.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv