Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fontaine

System Crashing - Help!

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Can anybody help me out with some tech support!? 

 

Having an issues with the system crashing randomly, I thought it was the memory which has now been RMA'd, I did a repair install of windows and and it's been running for a couple of day without issues which was an improvement, now just tried to play Doom for 20 min or some and it crashed and reset with no dump file. 

 

I need help, can't figure out the issue and I'm pretty tech savvy! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

DDU the GPU drivers, and reinstall.


I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

 

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:

  • NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • Comes with a 650W NZXT PSU
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450i GAMING PLUS AC
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
  • RX480 untill I have more for a 2060 or 2070
  • 2tb Sabrent Rocket Q PCIE gen 3 NVME SSD
  • Samsung 470 128GB SATA SSD
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
17 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Have you checked motherboard and cpu temps? Did anything go into the mid 80's?

Temps are OK - GPU not over 70 and CPU not over 80 under stress testing

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

system specs?

Ryzen 3700x

LPX 32GB (rated for 3600MHZ but currently at 2133 for testing)

Strix 5700xt

Strix x570 MB 

 

All running at stock right now

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
17 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

ram in slots 2 and 4?

Quad channel, all slot filled... That could actually be the issue. Does ryzen support quad channel.... Pc part picker recommend the memory but actually....

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fontaine

 

What about the make and model of your power supply? 


System Specs

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    AMD RX 470
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

@Fontaine

 

What about the make and model of your power supply? 

can't remember the make but is 80 bronze rated 750 watt, it's a but old now mind you.

 

Re the memeory

 

Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3600 MHz DDR4 Quad Channel Memory Kit

32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-28800 (3600), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 18-22-22-42, XMP 2.0, 1.35V

 

I'm still wonder if that could be the issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fontaine said:

Quad channel, all slot filled... That could actually be the issue. Does ryzen support quad channel.... Pc part picker recommend the memory but actually....

it still runs them in dual channel. ryzen has a bit harder time to run 4 sticks of ram, might want to increase SOC voltage to 1.1 and see if that solves it

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, boggy77 said:

it still runs them in dual channel. ryzen has a bit harder time to run 4 sticks of ram, might want to increase SOC voltage to 1.1 and see if that solves it

😒 Its odd how all these nerds across the internet that reviewed these CPUs neglected to mention this. Would enabling Precision Boost Overdrive work or is that totally useless? 


System Specs

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    AMD RX 470
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

😒 Its odd how all these nerds across the internet that reviewed these CPUs neglected to mention this. Would enabling Precision Boost Overdrive work or is that totally useless? 

that's a different thing. it's an auto-overclocking of the cpu. enable it only if you have an aftermarket cooler.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

that's a different thing. it's an auto-overclocking of the cpu. enable it only if you have an aftermarket cooler.

🤔 But doesn't PBO handle SOC voltages as well? I just stuck with the stock cooler, works perfectly fine for me. With PBO enabled it stays below 60C. 


System Specs

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    AMD RX 470
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlackManINC said:

🤔 But doesn't PBO handle SOC voltages as well? I just stuck with the stock cooler, works perfectly fine for me. With PBO enabled it stays below 60C. 

no, pbo doesn't change soc voltage.

and yes, pbo will work with the stock cooler, but it doesn't mean that will give you any extra performance comparet to stock

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

no, pbo doesn't change soc voltage.

and yes, pbo will work with the stock cooler, but it doesn't mean that will give you any extra performance comparet to stock

🤔Hmmm, well, I expect at least a 30% performance boost over stock settings once I get a better GPU based on the videos I've seen. 


System Specs

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    AMD RX 470
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

So issue still here. So far changed out the RAM and the PSU (including all wires) and still getting a Kernel 41 error. 

 

It was working for 8 hours today then it did a few resets with the same error code but my system files are corrupted.

 

Having a total nightmare with this :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Fontaine said:

So issue still here. So far changed out the RAM and the PSU (including all wires) and still getting a Kernel 41 error. 

 

It was working for 8 hours today then it did a few resets with the same error code but my system files are corrupted.

 

Having a total nightmare with this :(

And you tried increasing the SOC voltage settings? 


System Specs

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    AMD RX 470
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×