PC Freezing While Rendering

Arrrtie

I recently made upgraded my monitor to an AGON 1440 Super Ultrawide 49" and upgraded my RAM from 32Gb Corsair 3000 kit to a HyperX 64Gb 3200 kit, and since then, more and more frequently my computer will freeze while beginning a render. The audio from any music or video continues for several minutes, and eventually stops. I thought it might have been a RAM issue, so I switched back to my Corsair Vengeance 32Gb 3000Mhz kit. It doesn't freeze as often or in the same way, but it has started to blue screen with a "DPC Watchdog Violation". I've switched back to the 64Gb HyperX kit for now. Any help would be appreciated! This has been happening for a few weeks now, I updated the BIOS, Drivers, Windows updates, and it is still happening.  Temperatures stay below 70 even under heavy load.

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x
ROG Strix X570-E (BIOS: 2606, 8/13/2020)
64Gb HyperX 3200 RAM
MSI Ventus Geforce 2070 Super (Driver version: 456.55 9/28/2020)

(I don't think it is OC'd but I don't know much/anything about that, other than adjusting the ram frequency and running the performance utility in the BIOS. 

First of all, do not run the performance utility in bios, ever. It will attempt to OC your system and cause lot's of instability issues. I'd recommend resetting your BIOS by removing the CMOS battery on the motherboard for a couple of minutes, then press the power button a couple of times to discharge the board. After you have reinstalled the CMOS battery, boot into BIOS and set XMP profile 1 and make sure no optimization stuff is running, then save and reboot into windows.

try running memtest86, see if your RAM is stable at that frequency

if there are error, you can keep XMP on, but turn freq down to 3000, see how it goes

64GB is quad rank, unless you're using 16GB per rank dimms, then it's dual rank

still straining on your IMC, though

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

8 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

First of all, do not run the performance utility in bios, ever. It will attempt to OC your system and cause lot's of instability issues. I'd recommend resetting your BIOS by removing the CMOS battery on the motherboard for a couple of minutes, then press the power button a couple of times to discharge the board. After you have reinstalled the CMOS battery, boot into BIOS and set XMP profile 1 and make sure no optimization stuff is running, then save and reboot into windows.

Is XMP the AI Overclock Tuner menu? I hear about XMP all the time but I always thought it was only for specific motherboards.

11 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

try running memtest86, see if your RAM is stable at that frequency

if there are error, you can keep XMP on, but turn freq down to 3000, see how it goes

64GB is quad rank, unless you're using 16GB per rank dimms, then it's dual rank

still straining on your IMC, though

What is IMP, and what's straining it? I'm pretty new to the enthusiast crowd. Yes, I'm running 16Gb in 4 dimms.

Just now, Arrrtie said:

What is IMP, and what's straining it? I'm pretty new to the enthusiast crowd. Yes, I'm running 16Gb in 4 dimms.

IMC is integrated memory controller

it's what's talking to your RAM, basically

adding more rank to the channel puts more strain on it, so the capability of driving higher frequency drops as you increase the ranks

30 minutes ago, Arrrtie said:

than adjusting the ram frequency and running the performance utility in the BIOS. 

i recommend you do a bios reset to reset whatever changes you made, then enter bios again

then look towards middle left, you'll see DOCP/XMP, select profile 1 and try

if it doesnt work, go into bios again and select 3000MHz instead of 3200/Auto

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Alright, so I've tried the above, running the bios at default settings except I changed the ram frequency to 3000 instead of auto (still 200 under the suggested speed). Unfortunately it still crashed the first time I tried to render. Any other ideas? Maybe it has something to do with my new monitor?