You guys got to me..

Savion Kirby

For the past week, I was just thinking if it is best to buy a pre built or build a pc. Going back into my previous forms posts, I was seeing "Build a PC". At the time, I was not sure if that was the best to do, but by watching videos and learning how to build one I have gained confidence (except for installing windows).  I have gather parts for my future pc builds on PC Part Picker. Would you mind checking it out and letting me know what I should change. It would be greatly appreciated.  :D

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SavionK/saved/RkxtnQ

It looks great! Glad you didn't go prebuilt. If you can wait (and this might be until Jan. so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it) try and get the 3060. I should be a great card for about $20 or so more than the 2060. I would be very surprised if it isn't at least 20% better than the current 2060.

Installing Windows has become pretty much "click next" until done now. You should be fine there :)

Congrats on making the leap to the wonder world of custom computer build!!

Zen 3 is out 8. October. R5 3600 will be obsolete most likely.

I edit my posts more often than not

Great parts :). Keep the motivation, it’ll probably be hard to stick to the plan but if you really keep your head straight then you’re definitely going to be proud about your build, not something you get from a pre build.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qJB4Xv

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($269.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: MSI MAG CORE LIQUID 240R 78.73 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($394.98 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  ($174.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($869.99 @ Staples) 
Case: Thermaltake V200 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Asus 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($229.64) 
Total: $2338.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-08 10:04 EST-0500

6 minutes ago, Jeve Stobs said:

It looks great! Glad you didn't go prebuilt. If you can wait (and this might be until Jan. so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it) try and get the 3060. I should be a great card for about $20 or so more than the 2060. I would be very surprised if it isn't at least 20% better than the current 2060.

Thank you, I did not know it would be that cheap :D. I am building this 1 year from now.

Looks nice

I would get another PSU though. Any chance you can spend 50 bucks more?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Well in that case NVIDIA stock will be completely sorted out next year and Zen 3 will be out and available so go for those. You are going to have a great build mate! 

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Looks nice

I would get another PSU though. Any chance you can spend 50 bucks more?

What's wrong with the PSU? 80+ bronze 700 watts. Non modular but Idk if that's important to everyone. 

1 minute ago, Jeve Stobs said:

What's wrong with the PSU? 80+ bronze 700 watts. Non modular but Idk if that's important to everyone. 

Not by watts you must choose PSU.

It's in tier C - 

Why it's in so low tier I can't tell, but very rarely in these times 80+ Bronze non-modular PSU is worth it.

8 minutes ago, Jeve Stobs said:

Thats important for many People. Me included.

A PSU is a critical Part of a Gaming PC. You want something good.

Sure your PSU would do the Job most likely for a time. But why take any Chances?

Corsair RM750x / RM750i

Get one of those and you are golden.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Praesi said:

Sure your PSU would do the Job most likely. But why take any Chances?

Corsair RM750x / RM750i

Those are pretty great options. If he has it in budget it would be worth it but I've had that PSU for years and it has gone through a ton with no issues. I know "it works fine for me" is not a good answer but it is a solid PSU for the budget whether it's the cleanest power delivery or not. I would prefer to get a GPU upgrade then to have fewer cables. That's just me though.

7 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Sure your PSU would do the Job most likely. But why take any Chances?

Corsair RM750x / RM750i

I just checked the prices, and those power supplies are out of budget. I have found an alternative in which can be viewed in the link provided. Would that work?  

Not bad, but I wouldn't get a 3600 this close to the release of the 4600.

Do you have other storage? If you're playing games 500GB is going to disappear awfully fast.

I'd also maybe find a used 1070 or 580, and wait until they release the 3060. Then sell the used card and buy that.

27 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Zen 3 is out 8. October. R5 3600 will be obsolete most likely.

Obsolete is a bit harsh 😛

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, Savion Kirby said:

I just checked the prices, and those power supplies are out of budget, have found and alternative in which can be viewed in the link provided. Would that work?  

Sure it would work. But its also not modular again. Which can be pain in the Ass.

You could get the RM650x

Thats only 10 Bucks more enough has enough Juice.

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Not bad, but I wouldn't get a 3600 this close to the release of the 4600.

Do you have other storage? If you're playing games 500GB is going to disappear awfully fast.

I'd also maybe find a used 1070 or 580, and wait until they release the 3060. Then sell the used card and buy that.

I won't consider myself as a "gamer". I enjoy playing a few games, at the most 3. The most "intensive" game I would want to play on this pc is Kerbal Space Program 2 when it comes out. 500gb is perfect for the meanwhile as I save for a 1tb HDD to install later on. 

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Sure it would work. But its also not modular again. Which can be pain in the Ass.

You could get the RM650x

Thats only 10 Bucks more enough has enough Juice.

Can you explain what modular means, I am not quite familiar with power blocks. 

Just now, Savion Kirby said:

Can you explain what modular means, I am not quite familiar with power blocks. 

That means you can plug in and out all Cables from the PSU.

81a9vgAHt2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Just now, Praesi said:

That means you can plug in and out all Cables from the PSU.

81a9vgAHt2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So basically if you don't need a cable, you can take it out of the pc.

8 minutes ago, Savion Kirby said:

So basically if you don't need a cable, you can take it out of the pc.

Yes. Which means easier to install and a cleaner build.

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2020 at 5:56 PM, dizmo said:

Well, the 5600X is better than 10600k for now :D

Spoiler

Costs more dough/though