Onboard Wifi Crashing

I have an Asus Strix Z270E with onboard Qualcomm Wifi adapter. The wifi works on startup and then crashes after a few minutes and appears to bring windows settings along with it for the crash. Settings usually returns but wifi is down until a restart is preformed. Only change to the system was a physical move to a new home. It worked perfectly before this with centurylink vs now having Xfinity routers.

I have run multiple drive format and windows reinstalls (both partial reinstall/repair and a full system wipe). I've tried disabling the device and re-enabling, installed different drivers found on another forum. Nothing seems to be working.

Any help to get this rig working again is greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, Patty_Wack said:

I have an Asus Strix Z270E with onboard Qualcomm Wifi adapter. The wifi works on startup and then crashes after a few minutes and appears to bring windows settings along with it for the crash. Settings usually returns but wifi is down until a restart is preformed. Only change to the system was a physical move to a new home. It worked perfectly before this with centurylink vs now having Xfinity routers.

I have run multiple drive format and windows reinstalls (both partial reinstall/repair and a full system wipe). I've tried disabling the device and re-enabling, installed different drivers found on another forum. Nothing seems to be working.

Any help to get this rig working again is greatly appreciated!

Sounds like a defective adapter or driver.

At this point, you've tried quite a lot and I wouldn't put more energy into forcing it to work. Either just get another WiFi adapter or replace the current one on the motherboard.

With regards to the former, PCI cards are more reliable than their USB alternatives. In the case of the latter, you can usually replace the WiFi module on the motherboard with another of the same form factor. I'm due to do the same with my SFF's MSI motherboard by replacing with an Intel AX200 (very inexpensive WiFi-6 module).