Modern GPU with old VGA Monitor?

_Hansa_

Hey guys. I'll buy GTX 1650 Super in a few days and I want to use it with my old VGA only monitor over HDMI to VGA active adapter. Is it gonna work? I read something like "new modern GPUs can't work together with old monitors 'cause of them drivers." I mean, I know it will decrease the refresh rate and maybe quality a bit but it's okay for me. 

So, it would be awesome if you'll help me out.

Peace

If you already got the adaptor. Usually they are pretty expensive. If too expensive, then I would just find a cheap monitor that uses HDMI. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

7 minutes ago, _Hansa_ said:

I'll buy GTX 1650 Super in a few days and I want to use it with my old VGA only monitor over HDMI to VGA active adapter. Is it gonna work? I read something like "new modern GPUs can't work together with old monitors 'cause of them drivers."

My 2070 Super works with a HDMI to VGA adapter on my third monitor just fine :P 

Sure, analog video is not preferable, but it works.

Of course make sure to get a decent adapter, check the reviews for example.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I have an adapter right now, it's not expensive one. Just a cheap Chinese adapter but it's working. 

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

If you already got the adaptor. Usually they are pretty expensive. If too expensive, then I would just find a cheap monitor that uses HDMI. 

Can you show me one of the expensive ones? 

You should not need an active adapter a passive should work I use one with my older monitor 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

7 minutes ago, Kanna said:

You should not need an active adapter a passive should work I use one with my older monitor 

You're right. I was sleeping

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Well I simply thought the VGA is an analog and the HDMI is a digital so active one made more sense. I got more answer. Thanks friends, have a good day.

1 hour ago, _Hansa_ said:

Well I simply thought the VGA is an analog and the HDMI is a digital so active one made more sense. I got more answer. Thanks friends, have a good day.

Usually a displayport to vga adapter is cheaper.

45 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Usually a displayport to vga adapter is cheaper.

It was my first choice actually, but I found HDMI to VGA on my local store and bought it. They have same price here.

-> Moved to Displays

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv