Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
casualman

Issue with VG27AQL1A

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello,

 

I purchased an Asus VG27AQL1A monitor 2 days ago and noticed that the color of the lower right part of the screen is a little bit darker when viewing solid white or lighter colors.

I'm not sure if this is considered a defect or if it's just because of my viewing angle. I'm not sure if this is considered an IPS glow either since it doesn't show when viewing black or even other solid colors like red, blue, green, etc.

Would really appreciate some advice regarding this.

 

I uploaded a video on google drive viewing from different angles.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iaeGtTM3NnB5eyjFJGgHS9QHzEfe9dWh?usp=sharing

 

PS. I have not calibrated this monitor yet because I'm pretty new with this type of monitor

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

InkedIMG_0001_LI.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's common for IPS panel to have sub-standard uniformity.

 

You can only calibrate the colour space and gamma. This less than perfect brightness uniformity cannot be corrected by calibration.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Deli said:

It's common for IPS panel to have sub-standard uniformity.

 

You can only calibrate the colour space and gamma. This less than perfect brightness uniformity cannot be corrected by calibration.

Is there a way to sort of fix this? Is this not considered a defect?

It's kind of distracting when looking at white background websites

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, casualman said:

Is there a way to sort of fix this? Is this not considered a defect?

It's kind of distracting when looking at white background websites

Not consider a defect. If you find the unevenness distracting. Return it and get a replacement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
53 minutes ago, Deli said:

Not consider a defect. If you find the unevenness distracting. Return it and get a replacement.

Ok thank you very much for your help. Really appreciate it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×