Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JackFromTheHill

I'm getting mic interference, can't find out what the problem might be. Help!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

Hey everyone, so I recently went through a move abroad and am now back to setting up my microphone after finding a tiny cable that I thought I'd lost in the move.
Everything works, however, I'm getting major interference on the mic signal.

 

Let me introduce you to my setup first.

 

I use an AKG C3000 as the mic, it needs phantom power, so the XLR from the mic goes into a DEVINE MPS 1000. From there, I have an XLR cabel running to a Behringer DJX750, of course going into the MIC XLR input.

I output the main signal from the Behringer via red and white tulips, converted into a basic audio jack, that goes into the pink rear jack on my pc.

 

It's not very prestigious or recent, but it worked like a charm before.

So, everything I've done so far to check where it originates from;

 

Checked the XLR cables

Swapped the tulip converter to 3.5 audio jack

Swapped the AUX cable connected to the tulip converter to 3.5 audio jack

Swapped the powercable to the Behringer

Isolated the Behringer powercable to a seperate wall socket

Grounded the Behringer and my PC

Plugged the AUX into the front pink instead of the back one

 

Unfortunately I can't isolate all the cables (both XLRs, the powercable for the Behringer and the aux cable) away from the other cables. They're bunched up quite a bit and there is only one cable hole in the desk, supplied in the dorms. Would lvoe to drill a couple of extra holes as cablemanagement is just not possible, but that's not an option. 

I have a feeling my soundcard might be acting up, but reinstalling the drivers did nothing either.

 

Any suggestion on how to proceed are appreciated. It straight up sucks to not have it working and as I'm due to host a dungeons and dragons campaign online soon, I want to be able to hear myself and not annoy myself and others with the static.

 

Thanks in advance!

 

EDIT: I posted a similar problem some time back pretty much the same setup and I can't remember how I fixed it back then, but the huge difference is that now, my friends can hear the interference while on Discord, back then it was only on my side.

Edited by JackFromTheHill
Adding additional information
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the pink input set to mic or line input. Im guessing the Behringer outputs line level audio?
Maybe try the blue input, it used to be mostly the line in.

(i dont have any of that hardware so im not sure about any of this, but it might help :))


When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Is the pink input set to mic or line input. Im guessing the Behringer outputs line level audio?
Maybe try the blue input, it used to be mostly the line in.

(i dont have any of that hardware so im not sure about any of this, but it might help :))

Hey, I actually was a dummy and put it in the pink to test, forgot that line in exist, but that didnt eliminate the problem. However, if I hook up my phone to the line in via aux and play audio, I don't get any interference at all. This confirms that the problem must be in the Behringer, which sucks to be honest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JackFromTheHill said:

Hey, I actually was a dummy and put it in the pink to test, forgot that line in exist, but that didnt eliminate the problem. However, if I hook up my phone to the line in via aux and play audio, I don't get any interference at all. This confirms that the problem must be in the Behringer, which sucks to be honest. 

Well if all logical steps dont result in a solution. Then maybe just contact the company, guessing they willing to keep their name high and help you out. ;)


When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Well if all logical steps dont result in a solution. Then maybe just contact the company, guessing they willing to keep their name high and help you out. ;)

I'm willing to try but I don't expect them to, the mixer is absolutely ancient. I belonged to my father, who got it when he started out as a radio DJ when he was 30 something. He's mid 50s now so it has definitely being a worthwhile purchase!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JackFromTheHill said:

I'm willing to try but I don't expect them to, the mixer is absolutely ancient. I belonged to my father, who got it when he started out as a radio DJ when he was 30 something. He's mid 50s now so it has definitely being a worthwhile purchase!

You might be able to fix it. If you can open it up see if you can see leaky capacitors. Those should be easy enough to replace if in ownership of a solder iron.


When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×