Planning building a new PC

ArvA

Budget (including currency): Would be around 800 euro

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Playing CS:GO (1280x1024 streched) so nothing special here, having opend up discord/spotify etc. while gaming. I would throw in some AAA games from time to time, depends on what is being released. Multitasking would be common, specialy when working with a pc, using multiple remote desktop windows, having some chrome tabs open. Would be great if i wount have to worry about playing new games with much of fps loss.  I would say with how i am using my pc right now 800eur should be enough of a budget.

External Peripherals:

Monitor - Two monitors: BenQ XL2411LP 24inch  144hz, HP w2007v 20inch 60hz

Headset - Random earphones

Microphone - Gxt 210

Mouse - Logitech G102 (might need upgrade on that)

Keyboard - Chinese mechanical keyboard from aliexpress (blue switches, needing an upgrade perhaps)

My current system is:

CPU - Intel I5 4460

RAM - 8gb 

GPU - Radeon sapphire RX 560 4gb

PSU - Asus 420W basic

HDD/SDD- 1tb toshiba (HDD), 128gb (ssd)

Thinking that finally i need an upgrade, any suggestions are welcome.

Only the storage and peripherals can be saved.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Only the storage and peripherals can be saved.  

Yea, thinking the same. Might just use that ssd only for windows.

Not sure 800€ will be enough to do absolutely everything you describe well. Some of it wants fast cpu, some of it wants many threads, some of it wants lots of memory. Giving up background chrome with lots of threads reduces memory requirements for example. As set up a machine that can do all of this would want a very top end 8/16 intel cpu and 32/64gb of memory. Those CPUs are like €600 alone.  How ‘bout some basics:

-Do you need wifi?

-How many background apps will you run (affects memory size)

-is it more important to run high FPS on competitive shooters (single thread speed) or run aaa games (multi core)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Not sure 800€ will be enough to do absolutely everything you describe well. Some of it wants fast cpu, some of it wants many threads, some of it wants lots of memory. Giving up background chrome with lots of threads reduces memory requirements for example. As set up a machine that can do all of this would want a very top end 8/16 intel cpu and 32/64gb of memory. Those CPUs are like €600 alone.  How ‘bout some basics:

-Do you need wifi?

-How many background apps will you run (affects memory size)

-is it more important to run high FPS on competitive shooters (single thread speed) or run aaa games (multi core)

Ok, so wifi is not needed. I think when fully multitasking at least right now i am almost using all of my ram(wich is 8gb) . Mostly becouse playing something or using on main monitor, while on second one i have opened up chrome with twitch/forums not anymore heavy pages. While working i think ram mostly would be used, i am working sometimes remotely for POS company technical support, so nothing special with the ussage of apps, just multitasking. Speaking of games, at least for now i play more competitive shooters or some older games, i played doom eternal on 900p with low settings on 40-70fps. I dont wanna worry about playing games like that and needing to putting everything to low settings just to get playable fps. Also i am gonna stick to 1080p for some time, so 4k not really in my mind right now.