Best temperatures with a Meshify c?(10850k inside)

Karis

Hi,

I need some help with this (and sorry for my English).

i have a i9 10850k cooled with a 240mm liquidmaster master cooler placed the radiator on top. At rear thermaltake riig 120mm fan, in the front another thermaltake riig 120mm and 2 noctua NF-A12x15 that necessarily have to be slim because otherwise they will not fit with the msi 2080 super gaming x trio.

At first the i9 maintains acceptable temperatures, for example playing warzone, it is around 65º C, but if you do a stress test or benchmark, it is 98º C.

I would like to improve these temperatures as much as possible, and the truth is that I do not find more options, and I don't know if there is something that escapes me.

Thank you!!.

How long have you had your aio?

Is your pump at 100%?

How's your mounting pressure?

4 hours ago, narrdarr said:

How long have you had your aio?

Is your pump at 100%?

How's your mounting pressure?

2 years, but I have not observed loss of performance with the previous cpu and it does not make any kind of noise because the pump has air.

I don't know what do you mean with “mounting pressure”.

2 hours ago, Karis said:

2 years, but I have not observed loss of performance with the previous cpu and it does not make any kind of noise because the pump has air.

I don't know what do you mean with “mounting pressure”.

Is you pump speed at max rpm?

Mounting pressure= how tight is your the block on the cpu

Any pics of your system maybe helpful

29 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Is you pump speed at max rpm?

Mounting pressure= how tight is your the block on the cpu

Any pics of your system maybe helpful

The heatsink is in "smart" mode so that when it is not necessary it is not making a hell of noise, but from 80º C it is set to 100%.

The pump is tight as much as possible without force.

And a pic of the system

https://imgur.com/a/pmc0eiE

1601397168310.jpg

If your having a lot of noise with pump might be the pump. Or that bargain aio might just not be able to keep up with your cpu. 

How are the temps with the side panel off?

And are you sure the pump is adjusting in speed?

15 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

If your having a lot of noise with pump might be the pump. Or that bargain aio might just not be able to keep up with your cpu. 

How are the temps with the side panel off?

And are you sure the pump is adjusting in speed?

The noise is from the fans, they are like a nuclear reactor xD

I have never removed the side because are supposed to "break" (don't know how to say) the airflow and it is worse ...

Regarding the pump, I have to trust the programs, I don't know how to check that it works at the proper speed if not.

6 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

What motherboard do you have?

Msi z490 tomahawk.

Your motherboard has a water pump header. If you did connect to this header you should be able to check it in the bios. If you connected it the a different header that is ok, but you'll have to adjust in the in the bios. You can set your fan curves as well in the in bios without the use of extra software

9 hours ago, narrdarr said:

Your motherboard has a water pump header. If you did connect to this header you should be able to check it in the bios. If you connected it the a different header that is ok, but you'll have to adjust in the in the bios. You can set your fan curves as well in the in bios without the use of extra software

I had not noticed that connector, I connected it by habit in cpu_fan, but I have disconnected it and connected it in the bump ones.

In the msi registers it appears running in iddle at about 500-600rpm, and in load (cinebench r20 for this example) between 1100 and 1123 rpm reaching 94º C.

I have noticed that the sound may be from the pump instead of the fans, but it is the sound it has always made when it is put to work at full capacity.

your pump speed should be around 2000 rpm. also let it run full for an 1 hour see if the sound goes away

13 hours ago, narrdarr said:

your pump speed should be around 2000 rpm. also let it run full for an 1 hour see if the sound goes away

After 1 hour of testing with aida64, these are the results:

- the pump has been running between 2116 - 2135 rpm.
- I have not appreciated pump sound hasn't changed.
- About 92º C on average, max temp 99º C
- cpu throttling (cores 2 and 4) 8%

1 hour ago, Karis said:

After 1 hour of testing with aida64, these are the results:

- the pump has been running between 2116 - 2135 rpm.
- I have not appreciated pump sound hasn't changed.
- About 92º C on average, max temp 99º C
- cpu throttling (cores 2 and 4) 8%

I think your aio is dieing 

3 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

I think your aio is dieing 

😥

That means that I would have to change case to put a 360 aio on top and secure ..

2 hours ago, Karis said:

😥

That means that I would have to change case to put a 360 aio on top and secure ..

You can fit a 360 aio on the front of a meshify c.

You could as go with a 280 aio top or front. 

I'd recommend 

Arctic Liquid freezer II 280

Arctic liquid freezer II 360

Ek-aio 360

If your filling up to a challenge. You could try to tear down your aio and clean it out and refill it, but you'll get a lot crap from people people for doing so.

You may also want to look into the warranty of your aio. If it covered you might be able to get it replaced.

32 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

You can fit a 360 aio on the front of a meshify c.

You could as go with a 280 aio top or front. 

I'd recommend 

Arctic Liquid freezer II 280

Arctic liquid freezer II 360

Ek-aio 360

If your filling up to a challenge. You could try to tear down your aio and clean it out and refill it, but you'll get a lot crap from people people for doing so.

You may also want to look into the warranty of your aio. If it covered you might be able to get it replaced.

Yeah, but the correct place for the radiator is supposed to be above the pump because of cavitation ...

I can't put 140mm fans on top because they find the memory, that's why I said that I am "forced" to change the box.

How is the Lian li galahad 360?

Just now, Karis said:

Yeah, but the correct place for the radiator is supposed to be above the pump because of cavitation ...

I can't put 140mm fans on top because they find the memory, that's why I said that I am "forced" to change the box.

How is the Lian li galahad 360?

The whole rad doesn't have to be above the pump just a part of it. Tubes down on the rad if possible but not required. As long as the pump is not the highest point it's fine. 

From what I have its pretty good but I have seen in-depth testing compare to other.