Losing ethernet connectivity while streaming

Go to solution Solved by Vishera,
13 minutes ago, HagelBagel said:

That alone makes me think that it may be my ISP (my university in this case, I live on campus)

That was the first thing that came to my mind,

It's also possible that the Ethernet cable you use is the problem:

An improper wire gauge can result in overheating of the cable which adds resistance that reduces performance.

I stream on Twitch and recently I've been losing Ethernet connectivity when I'm streaming. I'll be happily streaming along for a few minutes before my internet speed either suddenly slows dramatically and then drops off, or drops out of nowhere. The only way to regain ethernet connectivity is to unplug the ethernet cable and then plug it back in, and even then sometimes it only lets me stream for a handful of minutes after that. The connection is stable, fast, and doesn't drop when I'm doing homework or watching Youtube, anything like that. That alone makes me think that it may be my ISP (my university in this case, I live on campus) cutting me off at the teat for using to much bandwidth, but I'm not quite ready to say it's not a hardware issue either. Any thoughts?

I've updated all the network drivers on my mobo (ASUS ROG X570-I) and I've only had the thing for 7 or so months. 

13 minutes ago, HagelBagel said:

That alone makes me think that it may be my ISP (my university in this case, I live on campus)

That was the first thing that came to my mind,

It's also possible that the Ethernet cable you use is the problem:

An improper wire gauge can result in overheating of the cable which adds resistance that reduces performance.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566